77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s Back In Studio » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s Back In Studio 2 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

77s Back In Studio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In an historic and unprecedented move, The 77s re-entered the fabled EXIT STUDIO recently to lay down tracks for the debut album of new Fools of the World artist JASON HERRING. Hailing from Rock Hill, South Carolina, Jason and his catchy 'alt-country' lyrics and melodies were a sure-fire match to Mark and Bruce's creative rock-solid rhythms and Doc Love's trademark strum und twang.

With Herring's time in California limited to one week, production schedules were tight, with fate dealing Exit Studio as the only facility available for basic tracks. Waves of nostalgia overcame Mike and Bruce as they spotted familiar studio artifacts from Exit's bonanza days dating back to the early 1980's when the boys were cutting as many teeth as they were albums.

Co-mingling with the ghosts of Charlie Peacock, Steven Soles, Nigel Gray, Randy Jackson and so many other talents that graced Exit's hallowed halls all those years ago must have lent a helping hand to the 77s mojo -- they managed to cut nine basic tracks in barely 8 hours - “just like the old days!” Mike cackled.

We'll keep you posted on release schedules for this exciting new project.
02-21-2005 15:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: 77s Back In Studio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

coolness!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-21-2005 16:01 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

very cool, this one I will be checking out. Big Grin

Was I ever on the inside?
02-21-2005 22:14 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

02-22-2005 09:59 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Are there going to be clips from this album floating around soon?

02-22-2005 10:02 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Errpt Agnuwon Errpt Agnuwon is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-13-2005

This sounds very exciting. Smile

04-16-2005 13:16 Errpt Agnuwon is offline Send an Email to Errpt Agnuwon Homepage of Errpt Agnuwon Search for Posts by Errpt Agnuwon Add Errpt Agnuwon to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

yeah it does, any updates?

Was I ever on the inside?
04-16-2005 14:40 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

We just got some of the discs... it should be in the 77s store this evening.
08-23-2005 12:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

hmmm

08-23-2005 12:41 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
matt_nightingale matt_nightingale is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Jason Herring Website Up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check out http://www.jasontoddherring.com/jth/.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by matt_nightingale: 08-25-2005 22:52.

08-25-2005 22:51 matt_nightingale is offline Send an Email to matt_nightingale Homepage of matt_nightingale Search for Posts by matt_nightingale Add matt_nightingale to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i saw Jason open for mike (and mike play guiitar during his set) in nashville a while back.....cool tunes. very country-ish. very nice guy to talk to as well.

08-26-2005 06:06 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

hmmm

oh...

nevermind

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 08-26-2005 12:05.

08-26-2005 12:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004

New Johnny Reliable and Perry & the Poor Boys Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I noticed that both Johnny Reliable and Perry & the Poor Boys have new albums out. Did any of our illustrious Sevens have a part in the production and/or musicianship of this new CDs?

And how about Shadrach? I saw something on their website suggesting that Mike produced a few tracks and/or played guitar on their new CD, Stepping on the Atmosphere (www.shadrach.org).

Lastly, did Mike play on the second Swing Praise CD?

--Mike Beidler

10-01-2005 12:49 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: New Johnny Reliable and Perry & the Poor Boys Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nekkid Prey
I noticed that both Johnny Reliable and Perry & the Poor Boys have new albums out. Did any of our illustrious Sevens have a part in the production and/or musicianship of this new CDs?

>>> No, but I'm producing and playing on the soon-to-be-completed NEWER Johnny Reliable album (with Bruce Spencer on drums!)

And how about Shadrach? I saw something on their website suggesting that Mike produced a few tracks and/or played guitar on their new CD, Stepping on the Atmosphere (www.shadrach.org).

>>> that CD is ancient, not new. And yes I did do that several years ago. Fun stuff. The original SHADRACH album featured my mixes. The "Stepping" versions got buggered up by some other producer, and should be avoided.

Lastly, did Mike play on the second Swing Praise CD?

>>>> didn't know there was a second one. I played on the one that Gene Eugene mixed. My playing is rather ornamental and could have been anyone, so unless you just can't stop......

--Mike Beidler
10-01-2005 21:35 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004

RE: New Johnny Reliable and Perry & the Poor Boys Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doctor Love,

My apologies in advance for the clarification request ...

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I'm producing and playing on the soon-to-be-completed NEWER Johnny Reliable album (with Bruce Spencer on drums!)

So, let me get this straight. You produced/played on the first, had nothing to do with the second, and will be producing/playing on the third ...

quote:
that CD [Stepping on the Atmosphere] is ancient, not new. And yes I did do that several years ago. Fun stuff. The original SHADRACH album featured my mixes. The "Stepping" versions got buggered up by some other producer, and should be avoided.

Waitasec ... so, the self-titled album is the first, and Stepping is a second/reproduced version (like a version 1.5)? And some producer "buggered" up your mixes? (Heh, you been watching too much Bridget Jones lately!)

quote:
didn't know there was a second [Swing Praise]. I played on the one that Gene Eugene mixed. My playing is rather ornamental and could have been anyone, so unless you just can't stop......

Saw it advertised on RadRockers website. Almost bought it just for the "novroelty," but I wasn't confident that you participated. Anyhoo, anything to put another dime in your pocket, Doc!

Sevens Forever,

10-02-2005 13:31 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Cliff Kuiper Cliff Kuiper is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 07-10-2006
Favorite 77s album: Depends on my mood

RE: 77s Back In Studio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Co-mingling with the ghosts of Charlie Peacock, Steven Soles, Nigel Gray, Randy Jackson and so many other talents.........

Pardon my ignorance, but is this the Randy Jackson session man who played on Journey's RAISED ON RADIO record (and future American Idol judge) or is it the main dude from 80's power trio, Zebra? Possibly neither is correct?

07-10-2006 23:16 Cliff Kuiper is offline Send an Email to Cliff Kuiper Search for Posts by Cliff Kuiper Add Cliff Kuiper to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

i have Jason Herring first cd that was hand given by me from him. met him at a lost dogs concert a while back. good guy, please support him

07-25-2006 19:25 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
MarkfromScotland MarkfromScotland is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-17-2006
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Smile RE: 77s Back In Studio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool

07-27-2006 20:24 MarkfromScotland is offline Send an Email to MarkfromScotland Search for Posts by MarkfromScotland Add MarkfromScotland to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

The first thing you said Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Kuiper
quote:

Co-mingling with the ghosts of Charlie Peacock, Steven Soles, Nigel Gray, Randy Jackson and so many other talents.........

Pardon my ignorance, but is this the Randy Jackson session man who played on Journey's RAISED ON RADIO record (and future American Idol judge) or is it the main dude from 80's power trio, Zebra? Possibly neither is correct?

Doctor Love has attached this image:
_39020095_simon_cowell203.jpg

07-27-2006 22:38 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
waterdog waterdog is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-26-2005
Favorite 77s album: late

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
The first thing you said Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Kuiper
quote:

It is he. I watch that show Religiously and he yaks about Journey all the time.

Zebra????? hmmm sounds familiar

07-28-2006 10:12 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s Back In Studio

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH