77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » old 7s fan wondering » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page old 7s fan wondering
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
qballfan qballfan is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-08-2005

old 7s fan wondering Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been a 77s fan since I first brought home ping pong back in 198?. Seen them live a few times. Great to see this site is around to pay credit where credit is due.

Wondering if any of you are into "the call"? I was wondering if you know what michael been has been up to besides doing sound for his sons band?? Would love to see the 2 mikes blend together on some collaboration!!! Not sure if they are even close to being near one another as far as wavelength and proximity. The lead guitar and bass guitar perfectly blended together. I think I can hear some sound of mr been in BLack rebel motorcycle club.
02-08-2005 02:41 qballfan is offline Send an Email to qballfan Homepage of qballfan Search for Posts by qballfan Add qballfan to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of qballfan: na YIM Account Name of qballfan: na View the MSN Profile for qballfan
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great idea! Pleased
02-08-2005 02:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: old 7s fan wondering Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by qballfan
I've been a 77s fan since I first brought home ping pong back in 198?. Seen them live a few times. Great to see this site is around to pay credit where credit is due.

Wondering if any of you are into "the call"? I was wondering if you know what michael been has been up to besides doing sound for his sons band?? Would love to see the 2 mikes blend together on some collaboration!!! Not sure if they are even close to being near one another as far as wavelength and proximity. The lead guitar and bass guitar perfectly blended together. I think I can hear some sound of mr been in BLack rebel motorcycle club.

YuP, YuP & YuP Cool

or just have Michael Been be a quest Dog for a CD or two...

as far as I know he is just hanging out with BRMC...

02-08-2005 06:15 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the dogs could definitely use Been as a bassist and vocalist to round out and return to four part harmony... that would be cool.

but from where I sit... definitely one man's subjective opinion... I don't want anything to change the dynamic of the 77's - they are in a great place... the power trio with an occassional musical hand from scott or leonhardt... is AWESOME.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

02-08-2005 08:47 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

kaffee klatsch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How's that for the 'proper' spelling? Cool
02-08-2005 10:16 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: kaffee klatsch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
How's that for the 'proper' spelling? Cool

Red Face rob, you've been replaced as the guardian of grammar for the board. Smile )

02-08-2005 10:19 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Is there a badge or something you get to wear?

There should be more than the secret handshake.

Michaelwedon'tneednostinkingbadges

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-08-2005 10:21 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Michael's Been Busy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Been would never touch the Lost Dogs with a ten foot pole. He's way too cool with mess with our kind.

I keep up with his activities through our old buddy and former U2 road manager Dan Russell (also manages BRMC) who tells me Been is happy as a clam just being the sound man for BRMC. Given that's his son up there on stage, I'm not surprised.

For the record, I love Mr. Bean's bass playing and powerful voice, but I've heard he's a nightmare to work with esp. on the road. And with his current weigh-in at some monstrous level, I'd say he'd be quite a handicap for us. Steve Hindalong is way easier to cram into our tiny van!

I met and interviewed Michael Been in 1981 -- very nice guy.
02-08-2005 10:22 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
studio246 studio246 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-30-2004

Another Call fan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep. Must throw my hat into the "Call fan" ring. We used to cover "The Walls Came Down" in my band, The Orphans (I'd be glad to post a live recording if it wouldn't violate some kind of copyright.) As far as being difficult to work with, I recall Derri D. had some hilarious road stories about Mr. Been's blowups at hapless monitor engineers.

I got to see them play here at the University of Kentucky a while ago, during the 'Reconciled" tour. I know "Reconciled" was the CD with the most commercial airplay (I Still Believe), but anyone else think that "Into The Woods" was their finest hour?

Broderson
02-10-2005 05:43 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Homepage of studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: Another Call fan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a long time Call fan and yes I would agree with you that "Into the Woods" was their finest hour.
02-10-2005 07:48
jopawil jopawil is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-05-2005

Been vs Chandler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

M. Been is great. Does anyone out there have his excellent solo cd, The Verge Of A Nervous Breakthrough? Also, did you know he played bass on the first two albums by 2nd Chapter of Acts way, way ,way back in the 70s? I hope, however, that you haven't forgotten about the excellent Tim Chandler, who is perfect for the Dogs and one of my favorite bass players.

02-10-2005 09:49 jopawil is offline Send an Email to jopawil Search for Posts by jopawil Add jopawil to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

RE: Been vs Chandler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jopawil
M. Been is great. Does anyone out there have his excellent solo cd, The Verge Of A Nervous Breakthrough? Also, did you know he played bass on the first two albums by 2nd Chapter of Acts way, way ,way back in the 70s? I hope, however, that you haven't forgotten about the excellent Tim Chandler, who is perfect for the Dogs and one of my favorite bass players.

tim who? hmmmm...o wait!!! i know,. you mean berger roy al's alter ego....... Wink he plays for the choir right? Big Grin

one of my fav bass players out there......along with the amazing mr mark harmon

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 02-10-2005 10:16.

02-10-2005 09:55 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » old 7s fan wondering

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH