77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s site » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s site
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its so weird. Its like Christians can be Christians and make Christian
music, but give up what it is that makes them Christians.
02-10-2005 14:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

RE: tolerance is the new intolerance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jopawil
If this guy were such an intelectual, he would realize that a truely open minded person would never tell someone else they were close minded. He says we need to shake the "need for salvation", yet his entire rant is an edict telling us how we need to be saved according to his take on the world. Everyone who argues in such a manner is in essence trying to "proselytize" others to their viewpoint. He's just as much a "fundamentalist" as anyone else.

No joke! That is what's been missing...yes, it's the old "be different...just like everybody else" blech #*$!@#. Smile

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-10-2005 21:05 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
zzzuucx
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-07-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello all,

Thank you for your comments on my soapbox webpage.

After reading your comments and seeing the reaction that that page has started, it looks like maybe that sort of talk isn't very appropriate for a 77's tribute website. And heck, my piece is a little rambling and disconnected anyway. Maybe I was just having a bad day that day.

I am still very frustrated with the social and political stance that "Evangelical Christianity" has taken these days - both in this country and across the world.

But again, there's probably better places for me to whine about it, so I'm taking the link down from that website. Me hopes you likes the rest of the website.

Thanks again,
Mark

http://zzz.uu.cx/
http://uu.cx/77s

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zzzuucx: 02-13-2005 10:27.

02-13-2005 07:14 zzzuucx is offline Send an Email to zzzuucx Search for Posts by zzzuucx Add zzzuucx to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Mark... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, it was honest. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
You don't really "fit in" here until you have been called a heretic at least once! Wink
02-13-2005 08:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

How many times has it been for you now dennis?

Was I ever on the inside?
02-13-2005 08:40 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Yo Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zzzuucx
Hello all,

Thank you for your comments on my soapbox webpage.

Y'r.... um.... WELCOME?

Big Grin Shocked

quote:
After reading your comments and seeing the reaction that that page has started, it looks like maybe that sort of talk isn't very appropriate for a 77's tribute website. And heck, my piece is a little rambling and disconnected anyway. Maybe I was just having a bad day that day.

I am still very frustrated with the social and political stance that "Evangelical Christianity" has taken these days - both in this country and across the world.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of this board shares a lot of your frustrations.

Yr proposed solutions -- that's another matter.... Big Grin

quote:
But again, there's probably better places for me to whine about it, so I'm taking the link down from that website. Me hopes you likes the rest of the website.

Thanks again,
Mark

We do (well, I do, anyway, but I'm pretty sure most others did too), and thanks, on both counts. It IS yr website, though, and you have the right to say what you like. Just as we have the right to bitch about it afterward. Tongue

But be sure to come back here and whine some more soon. We can whine with the best of them.

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
02-13-2005 10:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

Wow.... we REALLY need a web counter available to order to adequately keep tabs on THAT one.... and then there's all the times we didn't bother to say it to him yet again, and....Shocked

Tongue

02-13-2005 10:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Radioactive Crow

RE: Yo Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
It IS yr website, though, and you have the right to say what you like. Just as we have the right to bitch about it afterward. Tongue

Ah the glory of the internet Pleased

02-13-2005 10:36 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:

Too many to count! Tongue
02-14-2005 04:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

RE: Yo Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zzzuucx
[quote]But again, there's probably better places for me to whine about it, so I'm taking the link down from that website. Me hopes you likes the rest of the website.

Thanks again,
Mark

We do (well, I do, anyway, but I'm pretty sure most others did too), and thanks, on both counts. It IS yr website, though, and you have the right to say what you like. Just as we have the right to bitch about it afterward. Tongue

But be sure to come back here and whine some more soon. We can whine with the best of them.

Yes, come back here and whine! It's a good a place as any! Smile )
02-14-2005 04:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
quote:

Wow.... we REALLY need a web counter available to order to adequately keep tabs on THAT one.... and then there's all the times we didn't bother to say it to him yet again, and....Shocked

Tongue

I am counting the daniel amos message board in on this count, so from my very first post wondering about the re-issue of Darn Floor-Big Bite, where I lament at not "grabbing Koko by the balls" when I had the chance and buying it on CD then! Tongue

I got replies along the lines of "You may not be aware of it, but this is a Christian Message Board and this kind of posting is most unwelcome here, blah, blah, blah..."

I then made a post where I bitched everyone out because "I had a question and rather than just answer it, you judge me, blah, blah, blah... You white-washed tombstones, blah, blah, blah..."

I then I got more than a few posts along the lines of "You passed the test! You are now one of us!" Good times! Pleased

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-14-2005 04:37.

02-14-2005 04:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

Wow, there was not test to get in here. Shocked
02-14-2005 05:32
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought listening to the 7s was the test. Tongue

02-14-2005 05:36 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

Listening to the 7s is not a test. If it is, then it is an easy one.
02-14-2005 05:54
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by j77
Wow, there was not test to get in here. Shocked

Yeah there was, you had to survive Driver 8's personalized welcome thread.

02-14-2005 05:59 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
Listening to the 7s is not a test. If it is, then it is an easy one.

Well, maybe not listening. But FINDING.... Big Grin Shocked Crying

02-14-2005 06:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

The test is bite back! Don't be a wussy! Tongue
02-14-2005 17:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Piss off dennis. Tongue
02-14-2005 17:33
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Piss off dennis. Tongue

i've pissed dennis off before Pleased

and I'll do it againEvil

02-14-2005 18:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Radioactive Crow

thats the spirit Big Grin

02-14-2005 19:15 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s site

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH