77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Guitar question for the fine Doctor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Guitar question for the fine Doctor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Guitar question for the fine Doctor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike,

I've got a Taylor 214 that I'm kicking around putting a pickup in.

The pickup I have now, that I've had laying around, is a Fishman Natural I. Would you suggest me putting that p/u in the guitar, or maybe a different one, and if so, what brand are you partial to?

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TJ 2.0: 02-03-2005 09:18.

02-03-2005 09:18 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

buy a new Taylor with a p/u already in it.....that's my suggestion Tongue

02-07-2005 10:23 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here is a novel concept...

mic your acoustic!!

Tongue

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

02-07-2005 11:40 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
j77
unregistered

My suggestion would be to sell the taylor and use the proceeds to help finance a Gibson J-200.
02-07-2005 11:44
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by TJ 2.0

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
here is a novel concept...

mic your acoustic!!

Tongue

dearest phreak,

if I could reach you, I would hurt you.

Tongue Tongue

thank you for the sage advice dear friend.
02-07-2005 12:10 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

ha ha!!!

phunny response tj - and my smart ass comment deserves a good slap!!

Wink

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

02-07-2005 12:17 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
j77
unregistered

I say again. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by j77
My suggestion would be to sell the taylor and use the proceeds to help finance a Gibson J-200.
02-07-2005 12:53
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
I say again. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by j77

can't do it. tempting at times, but even if i went to a jumbo model, it would probably end up being a Taylor 655CE. Jumbo 12-string, baby!
02-07-2005 13:02 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

I guess I just haven't ever played a Taylor that called out to me. Not the sound for me. I have a couple of guitar player friends that love them though.
02-07-2005 13:09
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
I guess I just haven't ever played a Taylor that called out to me. Not the sound for me. I have a couple of guitar player friends that love them though.

i really think it comes down to one factor:

Do you want a warmer tone, like the Gibson and Martin's deliver, or a brighter tone, like the Taylors. Aside from that, all you're really doing is dropping a buttload of cash for a nice guitar. Big Grin
02-07-2005 13:46 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Last couple of times I have had the pleasure to see Mike play live, he was using a soundhole LR Baggs M1, and also had the guitar mic'd.

When he played the BBQ show in Springfield, with Terry, it was whatever the internal pickup was, and mic'd.

The two times I saw him playing with the LR Baggs, was with Mark, doing the acoustic tour and the Fun With Sound tour.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-07-2005 19:46 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

yeah, what Bret said... that is how I saw mike mic his guitar recently too...

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

02-08-2005 08:45 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Guitar question for the fine Doctor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH