77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Small church, big dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Small church, big dogs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ibdanmac
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-24-2005

Small church, big dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As I also posted on The Choir's board, I just wanted to share with you my Sunday morning church experience with the Lost Dogs yesterday. They played at Derri's dad's church, which -- according to Mapquest -- is only 9 minutes away from my house. It just would have been wrong not to go.

Anyhow, the church is a small building with a big wooden cross behind the pulpit. The crowd was an odd mix of Dogs fans and senior citizens The service began with the church's worship band, before the Dogs took the stage for an expected 45 minute set. But they actually ended up playing at least an hour. Lots of good songs, bad jokes and uplifting messages.

This show was special for me, since I was able to attend with my whole family. My son (11) is just now starting to appreciate his dad's CD collection, so it was so cool to introduce him to Derri, Terry and Mike. They were all friendly, as always -- even when my daughter (5) gave Mike a crayon stick figure Dogs picture she'd drawn during the show.

I've seen the Dogs, as well as their individual bands, many times. From large stages -- like Cornerstone -- to small clubs. But this was special, since it was on sacred Choir ground, if you will. Just across from the church is an apartment, which used to house The Choir's recording studio. Oh, if those walls could only talk! And to think that Derri grew up running around these grounds dreaming of one day becoming a rock star.

If anybody else on the board was there, please chime in. For those of you who are a little further away than 9 minutes, I am sincerely sorry you couldn't be there. Once again, this was special.

Dan
01-24-2005 07:06 ibdanmac is offline Send an Email to ibdanmac Search for Posts by ibdanmac Add ibdanmac to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dan,

welcome and thanks for the background on the show...

sounds too cool - really wanted to be there - but a bit far for a sunday morning from Pittsburgh, PA.

Did you manage to jot down or swipe a set list? Recording? pics? okay that would be tacky shooting photos and bootlegging a church service...

but a set list and quipes from memory would suffice!

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

01-24-2005 07:15 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm also a few miles from Cali (NE), but I appreciated your review.

01-24-2005 10:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

great story ibdanmac, & welcome to the 77sMB
come around again, SooN

01-24-2005 10:19 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
Did you manage to jot down or swipe a set list? Recording? pics? okay that would be tacky shooting photos and bootlegging a church service...

DaN,
do not listen to phreak...
we want it all Cool
a scan of the swiped set list, photos, the bootleg recording, a sliver of WooD from the Old rugged Cross behind the pulpit... Shocked
we even want the powerpoint the church's worship band used before the Dogs took the stage Roll Eyes

01-24-2005 10:24 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

too far away Crying

01-24-2005 10:30 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:

DaN,
we want it all Cool
a scan of the swiped set list, photos, the bootleg recording, a sliver of WooD from the Old rugged Cross behind the pulpit... Shocked
we even want the powerpoint the church's worship band used before the Dogs took the stage Roll Eyes

And if Mike left any backwash in a water bottle, I think I can sell it in little vials.

michaelontheloose

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
01-24-2005 10:42 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
quote:
quote:

DaN,
we want it all Cool

And if Mike left any backwash in a water bottle, I think I can sell it in little vials.

michaelontheloose

Keep the bottle and sell it separately when it's empty.

MartiheardtheboldElvisstyrocupstorytoo

01-24-2005 10:45 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
quote:

DaN,
we want it all Cool

I was there and I got!

no set list
no photos
no video (although my camera was loaded and sitting beside me the whole time)
no wood sliver
no powerpoint going on... but they did say that Derri was going to install a new Multimedia Set up for the Church this week. Tongue
No MikeRoe Backwash

It was too nice to mess it up with some dork video taping in the back.... now the SD show had 6 cameras going so I'm sure those will be around soon for trading. Cool

actually... the person running sound at the Church did have a VHS Camera rolling from inside the booth. Not sure if that will make the trading circuit or not.

I was there and you all were not! (In my best Nelson voice) Ha Ha

and to top this all of I went the the DAS show and got to see Mike playing with them too! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 01-25-2005 17:16.

01-25-2005 17:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

we know bd... Roll Eyes

any boot from DAS w/ Dr. Love?

~ ffphreeack!! ~

01-26-2005 04:46 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
we know bd... Roll Eyes

any boot from DAS w/ Dr. Love?

uh....

maybe

After I send it to wes he can decide if it's boot worthy.

I would have to edit a little first Shocked

01-26-2005 08:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

nice shirt BD!!

very cool sig. pic.

~f

(uh, keep me posted 'bout the DAS boot...)

~ ffphreeack!! ~

01-26-2005 08:04 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
BigDork
Happy Roy

01-26-2005 08:05 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

nice BD!

thanks!

~ ffphreeack!! ~

01-26-2005 08:07 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Shocked Pictures that aren't red Xs! I don't know how you did it, but thanks, BD!

01-26-2005 10:31 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Small church, big dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH