77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Introduction » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Introduction
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Greener Greener is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-21-2005

Introduction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

New member, here!
I am really glad to have found this website! I have been a fan of the 77's since about 1990. Mike Roe is one of my all-time favorite musicians/singers. (Along with Phil Keaggy and Undercover. On the secular side, I enjoy Pink Floyd and David Bowie.) I've seen the 77's twice in concert here in Ohio. I own quite a few 77's/Mike Roe discs, my favorite being the Pray Naked album. I haven't kept up like I've wanted to in recent years. The most recent cd I own is A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows. I'd love to hear what's happened since then.

My first exposure to the 77's was a free demo tape that had several songs from different artists and included the 88 version of You Don't Scare Me. I was blown away and I've been hooked ever since. I've been really touched by Mike's music, not only for it being an alternative to the crud they sell at "Christian" bookstores today, but for its deep lyrical meaning and his increible guitar work!

I can't wait to start meeting fellow 77's fans! I'm sure I'll make lots of new friends here.

E
01-21-2005 14:04 Greener is offline Send an Email to Greener Search for Posts by Greener Add Greener to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Introduction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to our little enclave. Smile )

01-21-2005 14:27 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome aboard Greener. Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
01-21-2005 15:07 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey G!

welcome

01-21-2005 16:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
killer
Someone New

RE: Introduction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He Greener,
I'm brand new here too. Just arrived to the 77s post tonight.
I was introduced to the 77s back in '88 by a friend of mine who gave me the tape album "All Fall Down" It may be a demo tape because the album cover is different then whats posted on the 77s music section today. Its still my favorite album. Though I must say that Sticks and Stones and Pray Naked are up among my favorites too. Make sure you get the latest release "Fun with Sound". From a musical and creative standpoint, Fun with Sound is Mike Roe at his best.

01-21-2005 22:45 killer is offline Send an Email to killer Search for Posts by killer Add killer to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

greeting killer.....welcome to our (admittedly strange) world Big Grin

01-21-2005 22:53 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Where in Ohio?

01-22-2005 03:37 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
¿SheriffJohnBrown? ¿SheriffJohnBrown? is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-15-2005

I'm new here to. I'm a 14 year old fan of The 77s, Larry Norman, Daniel Amos, Sweet Comfort, Rez, Omartian, etc. among classic Christian music. I am also a huge fan of progressive rock & rock, jazz, fusion, metal, folk, blues, and reggae. My dad had the privilege of meeting Mike Roe briefly while he was mastering his own band's album (Aerial View, Christian classic rock, and Queensryhe -esque hard rock, see my personal link in my profile) with Ralph Stover, who engineered EP, and Mike must have been working on something else with him. Anyay, love the 77s, my favorite song is between The Years Go Down and Related.

For now's the time for your tears

01-22-2005 12:52 ¿SheriffJohnBrown? is offline Send an Email to ¿SheriffJohnBrown? Homepage of ¿SheriffJohnBrown? Search for Posts by ¿SheriffJohnBrown? Add ¿SheriffJohnBrown? to your Buddy List
Greener Greener is a male
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Greener

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
Sharon - I live just east of Columbus. Although I had to drive clear to Dayton to see the 77's. (About two hours away, I think.)
Sheriff - Good to see someone at your age with such great taste in music. Sounds pretty cool to have a Dad in the music biz.
Killer - I took the time the other night to listen to the clips from "Fun With Sound". I like what I heard. I will definitely have to get a hold of that one.
01-23-2005 12:41 Greener is offline Send an Email to Greener Search for Posts by Greener Add Greener to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Welcome all. Fan since '82, host of the 4/7/04 Mike/Mark show in Springfield, MO.

Eagerly awaiting to do it again, hopefully with full band next time.

Cool

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
01-23-2005 13:08 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
Welcome all. Fan since '82, host of the 4/7/04 Mike/Mark show in Springfield, MO.

Cool

and you must make it a 7heads meeting kind of thing!!! set a date way in advance and tell everyone to start saving up! Cool Big Grin Pleased

party at Bret's place! woo hoo

01-25-2005 17:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc

Cool

and you must make it a 7heads meeting kind of thing!!! set a date way in advance and tell everyone to start saving up! Cool Big Grin Pleased

party at Bret's place! woo hoo

I asked Derek, the bookie, to lemme know if 7/7 was available, and if so, let's plan it. I have also asked Mike & Mark to consider it (actually I e-mailed Mike, Mark & Bruce) and asked again when I was at Roxana.

That would be on the heels of Cornerstone.

Let's do it!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
01-25-2005 19:21 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

We will all be eagerly awaiting information. Admittedly, in my case it will be more about seeking a miracle than saving up--the car was towed to the shop last night* (*see Thanksgiving thread in Dev. & Dis.), but we got one last time we asked.

01-26-2005 04:37 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Introduction

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH