77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Late » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Late
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Late Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure everybody but me knows the answer to this question, but I was wondering about what inspired the title of this album while I was listening to it last night.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 04-14-2005 10:12.

01-20-2005 10:20 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marti
RE: Last Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(to the top Smile ))

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 04-14-2005 04:49.

04-14-2005 04:48 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

marti...

I believe you might be referring to the compilation/bonus tracks that the 77's released right before AGFORC came out...

if that is what you are referring to the title of the disc is LATE.

Late being a reference to a little known west coast fad/lingo - Late would be a way to say goodbye, I am out of here.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

04-14-2005 05:03 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Thread Starter Thread Started by Marti
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
marti...

I believe you might be referring to the compilation/bonus tracks that the 77's released right before AGFORC came out...

Late being a reference to a little known west coast fad/lingo - Late would be a way to say goodbye, I am out of here.

~f

I edited accordingly--I think I wasn't quite here yet when I wrote that this morning, considering that I had the album in front of me late, er, last night.

04-14-2005 10:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

quote:

Hmmm...I've never heard anyone around here, young or old, use "late" as an expression to mean "goodbye".
Now, if you're talking about "later", yes, I hear (and use) that all the time. Likely originated as 'surf talk'.

Regardless, I do understand the perception that when many people say "west coast", they usually have the sunny beaches of California in mind. So it's all good. Smile

Later...

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
04-14-2005 11:13 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by sirjakeyjake
quote:

Hmmm...I've never heard anyone around here, young or old, use "late" as an expression to mean "goodbye".
Now, if you're talking about "later", yes, I hear (and use) that all the time. Likely originated as 'surf talk'.

Yeah, around here I don't hear people say "late" either, but believe me, Mike does say that and now I find myself saying it, too. Cool
04-14-2005 11:18 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
marti...

~f

i also read in a radrockers catalog that AGFORC was late in coming out, and this was released to tide fans over..... Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
04-14-2005 11:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

I had heard that too

Was I ever on the inside?
04-14-2005 14:17 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Errpt Agnuwon Errpt Agnuwon is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-13-2005

I am always late for something. Frown

04-15-2005 14:04 Errpt Agnuwon is offline Send an Email to Errpt Agnuwon Homepage of Errpt Agnuwon Search for Posts by Errpt Agnuwon Add Errpt Agnuwon to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Late

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH