77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Chevy Commercial covers 88? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chevy Commercial covers 88?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
calvin1509 calvin1509 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-16-2005

Chevy Commercial covers 88? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just saw a Chevy commercial using Over Under Sideways Down during the Colts/Patriot game. Now I'm just a huge 77's fan, likely not the biggest, but didn't Mike Roe actually write that song? It sounded like his voice too.
01-16-2005 14:36 calvin1509 is offline Send an Email to calvin1509 Search for Posts by calvin1509 Add calvin1509 to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That song was written by J. Beck/C. Drega/J. McCarthy/K. Relf/P. Samwell-Smith and was originally done by the Yardbirds.

It would be cool if it was the 77s version they used in the commercial though. Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
01-16-2005 14:41 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmmm...i better pay more attention to the commercials Big Grin

01-16-2005 15:23 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
joey71 joey71 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-25-2005

not the 77s/88 version Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey--

i heard it too! immediately thought of the sevens, but it was apparent that it was not their version. sounded too corporate...

--joey71

01-25-2005 10:00 joey71 is offline Send an Email to joey71 Search for Posts by joey71 Add joey71 to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

what joey 71 said...

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

01-25-2005 10:04 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

yeah I like the 7's version better! Cool
01-25-2005 17:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

I love how mike intro's that song right after lust...

"there's more to that story..."

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

01-26-2005 04:45 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
dennis
Happy Roy

yup! Pleased

and the song he dedicates to "Ma Carter."

and during mercy mercy, "I know some of you all, and you all know some of me" or something along those lines! Tongue
01-26-2005 15:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
yup! Pleased

and the song he dedicates to "Ma Carter."

mary and the baby elvis Big Grin

01-26-2005 19:41 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
dennis
Happy Roy

that's it! Pleased
01-27-2005 01:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

I think I may have to listen to that CD today! Smile )
01-27-2005 01:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Ma Carter? not! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The actual dedication was to one Jean "Cotta", an avid fan and grandmotherly figure at the Warehouse Ministries, which is where the concert was cut. She used to work the tape ministry with another elderly woman, and Steve Griffith and I were always freindly with them both, teasing them and whatnot, acting out the "son" role, as I often have for elderly women around the church all my life. They love that.

I asked her afterwards if she caught the dedication and she told me she quickly ran out of the auditorium when she heard that. I guess it embarrased her or sumpin'. Poor Ma. She has since departed this life for the gloryland, but she'll always be "Ma Cotta" to me.
01-27-2005 13:59 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! thanks for the insight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

01-27-2005 14:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Smile RE: Ma Carter? not! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
The actual dedication was to one Jean "Cotta", an avid fan and grandmotherly figure at the Warehouse Ministries, which is where the concert was cut. She used to work the tape ministry with another elderly woman, and Steve Griffith and I were always freindly with them both, teasing them and whatnot, acting out the "son" role, as I often have for elderly women around the church all my life. They love that.

I asked her afterwards if she caught the dedication and she told me she quickly ran out of the auditorium when she heard that. I guess it embarrased her or sumpin'. Poor Ma. She has since departed this life for the gloryland, but she'll always be "Ma Cotta" to me.

Wow. Thanks, now I know "the rest of the story." Big Grin
01-27-2005 14:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

thats my favorite song from 88.

Was I ever on the inside?
01-27-2005 14:30 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

wow. learn something new everyday!!! i always thought it was ma carter too......

cool story. thank you mike Cool

01-27-2005 16:11 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: Ma Carter? not! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

Awesome! I always wondered what you meant by that! Thanks Mike!

01-27-2005 17:00 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Chevy Commercial covers 88?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH