77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » 11-16-04... Mike n Mark » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 11-16-04... Mike n Mark
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

11-16-04... Mike n Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A review of 7&7is In Some ‘ville

11-16-04 Live @ Calvary Chapel Charlottesville, VA

I accompanied my lovely bride an hour and half south in the 77’s mobile to a lovely little church in historic Charlottesville, VA (home of Thomas Jefferson and the University of VA). After a royally messed up order from Hardees… one out of three right sandwiches ain’t too bad, right, we arrived at the venue just as the doors opened.

Mark was outside chatting with his family (mom & dad and two sisters, I think, were in attendance)… Mike was still tuning and the table was full of product… I immediately shelled out the dough from FWS and a cool 77’s sticker…

The show started with no fanfare – Mike and Mark came out and after doing a little tweaking on the tuning… started out as is usual for Mike’s acoustic shows…

MT
Blue Skies
Genuine
The Itch is Back
Glory Train (FWS)
Thank You for Your Dreams (FWS) – a delightful 10 minutes…
What Holds On
Say Your Prayers
Lutheran Hymn
Sit In the Silence
A Quiet Little Place (FWS)
Go With God But Go
Lovely Man
Kites Without Strings

**** mike picked up the blue strat ****
Nobody’s Fault But Mine
God Sends Quail
The Lust

A great set… Mike was in fine voice – the fingers were nimble – Mark was outrageous.

Of Note:
Most memorable quip: while introducing, Go With God but Go; “you have heard, greet each other with a holy kiss, let me be the first to say there is also a holy kiss off…”

Most memorable Mike moment: Mike singing, The Itch is Back – simply amazing…

Spontaneous Moment: Sit In the Silence – after one verse, Mark just went off and the a spontaneous jam commenced – the audience ate it up… (5 minutes of sonic bliss).

Surprise – Mike and Mark performing God Sends Quail – very nice.

A great night – shy of two hours – no encore… but following the show had a few minutes to chat with the guys and have them sign FWS and a new copy of 88/WNGS…

Then it was back north listening for the first time to FWS with my life companion – sweet moments…

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by phreak: 11-19-2004 12:01.

11-19-2004 11:59 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Thread Starter Thread Started by phreak
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mike in Charlottesville

~ ffphreeack!! ~

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by phreak: 11-19-2004 12:32.

11-19-2004 12:21 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mark was in the shadows all night!!!???

~ ffphreeack!! ~

11-19-2004 12:33 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

~ ffphreeack!! ~

11-19-2004 12:34 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

mike in black and white

~ ffphreeack!! ~

11-19-2004 12:35 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

diggin' in!!

for full size images see my 77's pics at... flickr

~ ffphreeack!! ~

11-19-2004 12:38 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Muddy Ashes Muddy Ashes is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-05-2004
Favorite 77s album: Fun with Sound, if that counts

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks for the review

I didn't see any stickers at teh show here. But then again, I'm not much good at seeing anymore.

I wish i had been able to say hi to Mark before the show, but once I spotted him, he was pretty busy.

11-20-2004 02:03 Muddy Ashes is offline Send an Email to Muddy Ashes Search for Posts by Muddy Ashes Add Muddy Ashes to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Those are great pics phreak. Thanks for the review. Big Grin

Was I ever on the inside?
11-20-2004 06:18 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: 11-16-04... Mike n Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Those are great red Xs, ~f, and thank you for the review. Wink Big Grin

11-22-2004 04:48 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: 11-16-04... Mike n Mark Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Freak!

Great concert review, as usual! The set list is very similar to what they did in Roxana, but I am not as good of a note taker as you.

You and I did the exact same thing, upon arriving at the shows, too! I got a copy of FWS and 2 of the stickers, one of which was taken by Kori, my now 11 year old daughter!

Great pic's!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-26-2004 05:21 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » 11-16-04... Mike n Mark

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH