77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Michael Roe vs. Michael Pritzl in Wisconsin » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe vs. Michael Pritzl in Wisconsin
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

RE: Michael Roe vs. Michael Pritzl in Wisconsin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by sevens
quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Godspuppet
Yes I am an A/G pastor of the church but also an avid cornerstone goer as well and long time fan of the 77's. When I was a youth pastor at an A/G church I brought in Spy Glass Blue and Tourniquet...lets just say, the leadership was not happy ha ha ha.

I will have to meet with Pope Trask about this! Shocked

Big Grin

Nice to see some A/G pastors going against the grain.........I used my wah pedal at worship last night........Pastor Christian kinda gave me "the look" LOL.......but ya know the people loved it!

Pope Trask hasn't made an appearence at Calvary in awhile......last time he was at our church was about 6 or 7 months ago....

I might try and make this show......depends how far it is.....would like to meet you Godspuppet........here's a pic of me so you know who I is...

Thanks, Who is the dork in the middle?

Mad ok that's it........you're cut off from my prayer list!!!!!!

Tongue Wink j/k

Big Grin

10-24-2005 11:35 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Godspuppet Godspuppet is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-11-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Thread Starter Thread Started by Godspuppet
Shocked Anyone know? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay so I am freaking out a bit, has anyone here promoted a Mike Roe concert? My question is that I noticed there are over 300 reads for this thread, on average how many of those readers will show to the concert? We are small venue of 70, 90 if standing room only. We are in mid wisconsin (Waupaca). Anyone done a show this way and how was the turnout?

Bob

www.radiantfellowship.net
10-28-2005 15:21 Godspuppet is offline Send an Email to Godspuppet Homepage of Godspuppet Search for Posts by Godspuppet Add Godspuppet to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Anyone know? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think you're close enough to such deep wells as Michigan, north Illinois and Minnesota to be safe, but it's usually sort of a matter of who has what time free to attend. I actually have several people down here interested in coming when I was gearing up to try to book a show, but the day of the week would have been a factor, I think. Not all of us are deep-in enough to take two days off work, drive seven hours one way, and book a motel room (me) to get to a midweek show somewhere--but some are.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 10-28-2005 17:37.

10-28-2005 17:36 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

RE: Anyone know? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Okay so I am freaking out a bit, has anyone here promoted a Mike Roe concert? My question is that I noticed there are over 300 reads for this thread, on average how many of those readers will show to the concert? We are small venue of 70, 90 if standing room only. We are in mid wisconsin (Waupaca). Anyone done a show this way and how was the turnout?

Bob

i think you're safe. 300 reads does not = 300 people......just that the thread has been read 300 times....i have looked at it 3 or 4 times, and can't come.....

10-28-2005 17:38 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:

Bob

Welcome to the promotor nightmare club! Just kidding...sort of. It's always a crapshoot. Make all your friends and acquaintenances go. That's what I did for the first Roe show I ever had.

Promote the heck out of it, everywhere you can think of. There are probably more fans close by than you realize. Best wishes!

Linda
10-28-2005 22:12 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:

Bob

Welcome to the promotor nightmare club! Just kidding...sort of. It's always a crapshoot. Make all your friends and acquaintenances go. That's what I did for the first Roe show I ever had.

Promote the heck out of it, everywhere you can think of. There are probably more fans close by than you realize. Best wishes!

One very important thing I forgot to mention...this will probably be the most fun you've had in a long time...no matter who shows up! Big Grin

Linda
10-29-2005 12:33 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:

Bob

I would be more concerned about not enough people coming than too many, especially considering Mike/Mike are doing a concert in Madison too. My parents live right up by Waupaca so I know the area pretty well. If I was you, I would post as many flyers as possible in all of the small neighboring town churches. If there is a Christian radio station in the area, it would be a good idea to get it promoted on there too. I know there is KLOVE out of Waukesha/Mukwonago. That is only about 1-2 hours from you and people would certainly drive that far for the concert. If there is a Christian radio station out of Madison, which I would think there is, maybe you could get both the Madison and Waupaca concerts promoted together. These are just some ideas. I hope they help a little bit.

10-29-2005 13:51 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Thumb Up! Thanks for the reminder! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had wanted to ask Tony about how the protocol runs here for the Friday night acts they were requesting, and you folks jogged my memory. As it turns out, he can set more people in here than I thought--50-ish, actually. If I could find 50 of us out here in Southeast Nebraska/Western Iowa (AHEM AHEM--talk to me if you're out there, folks!), we'd be able to bring Mike or Mike and Mark or Mike and whomever here, and provide decent accommodations, for less than $50 apiece. I don't think they charge for the site, or I got the impression from talking to Kyle Knapp that they didn't charge him, anyway. I think they do it to try to attract business and so forth.

I still have to check out UNL East Campus Union next Friday, and our downtown St. Paul Underground thing. I think they could probably fit a couple hundred in on the latter (and probably more than that in the former). Since my circumstances have changed, I'm going to need more help on it that I would have before, though. It just depends on how much we want to see it happen.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 10-30-2005 07:26.

10-30-2005 07:25 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just wondering how your show want in Waupaca, GodsPuppet. How was the turn out?

11-08-2005 13:13 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Godspuppet Godspuppet is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-11-2005
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Thread Starter Thread Started by Godspuppet
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It went really well, had a little bit of a smaller crowd but you were right. It was a joy to host Mike Roe and Mike Pritzl. I would have them back again anytime.
11-10-2005 15:46 Godspuppet is offline Send an Email to Godspuppet Homepage of Godspuppet Search for Posts by Godspuppet Add Godspuppet to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Michael Roe vs. Michael Pritzl in Wisconsin

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH