77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Hello Doctor Love! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello Doctor Love! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When you own the place, you can slide down the bannister, keep goldfish in the kitchen sink, or let the plants in the PM box languish to keep the goldfish in the kitchen sink afloat. Membership has its privileges, and it sounds like they've been serving chips and dip in the membership hall--yet another perk.

(larry needs for me to say cryptic things once in awhile....)

02-03-2005 10:39 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
everybody mind thier P's & Q's Roll Eyes whatever that MeaNS . . .

I actually know where that came from. It was originally told to printers back in the day when they had to set type by inserting each letter individually into the typesetter. Each letter looked to be reversed so when it hit the page it came out ibn the right direction Ps and Qs (lowercase) are just the reverse of each other and when you had to insert them in reversed order......well you were told to mind your Ps and Qs.

Michaeltrivianut

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-03-2005 11:50 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
When you own the place, you can slide down the bannister, keep goldfish in the kitchen sink, or let the plants in the PM box languish to keep the goldfish in the kitchen sink afloat. Membership has its privileges, and it sounds like they've been serving chips and dip in the membership hall--yet another perk.

(larry needs for me to say cryptic things once in awhile....)

huh? Confused

Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 02-03-2005 12:30.

02-03-2005 12:30 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
quote:

I actually know where that came from. It was originally told to printers back in the day when they had to set type by inserting each letter individually into the typesetter. Each letter looked to be reversed so when it hit the page it came out ibn the right direction Ps and Qs (lowercase) are just the reverse of each other and when you had to insert them in reversed order......well you were told to mind your Ps and Qs.

Michaeltrivianut

then why isn't mind your b's and d's? I would guess that they would be used more.

Was I ever on the inside?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rob 3.0: 02-03-2005 13:10.

02-03-2005 13:10 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
quote:
quote:

Michaeltrivianut

then why isn't mind your b's and d's? I would guess that they would be used more.

They were puritans and it sounded too much like Bondage and Discipline so they wouldn't use that.

Michaelmadethatup

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-03-2005 13:41 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
quote:

Michaeltrivianut

yea, my wife told me that story too. I just forget...

pq bd pq bd pq bd pq bd pq bd pq bd pq bd pq bd . . .

02-03-2005 14:19 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

My wife never enlightens me about the mysterious ways of printers. Should i trade her in?

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
02-03-2005 18:22 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

G'day Mike Cool

02-07-2005 10:11 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Yay I'm in the 'klatch' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's fairly early Monday morning here in CA, so I'm not sure it's a good day yet. I'll let you know once the coffee is done and kickin' in. I'm off to brew a pot as we speak. Do you guys prefer drip or plunger pot? Cool
02-07-2005 10:14 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
sevens
Flower in the Sand

RE: Yay I'm in the 'klatch' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
It's fairly early Monday morning here in CA, so I'm not sure it's a good day yet. I'll let you know once the coffee is done and kickin' in. I'm off to brew a pot as we speak. Do you guys prefer drip or plunger pot? Cool

drip please Tongue

what's your opinion on the ebow Mike?

I know this is a brain drainer so early in the morn....but if you could indulge me with your expansive knowledge and opinion I would be in debt Cool

02-07-2005 10:17 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: Yay I'm in the 'klatch' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...just hot and in large volumes....when I'm not grounded from it by my doctor. Mad

Okay, here's my chance at a second opinion--could you unground me from coffee? Smile )

02-07-2005 10:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
quote:

drip please Tongue

what's your opinion on the ebow Mike?

I know this is a brain drainer so early in the morn....but if you could indulge me with your expansive knowledge and opinion I would be in debt Cool

And while you're delving out your knowledge of the ebow, if you could hit me up re: the post about a good acoustic p/u (should be a few threads lower than this one), I too would be eternally grateful.

Have a good day, Mike!
02-07-2005 10:24 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

RE: eBow(wasYay I'm in the 'klatch') Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like the eBow a lot. Mark uses it way more than me, as I have never owned one. I always got that sound by maxing out my MXR Distortion + pedal with tons of compression (optional) and the neck pickup on a Strat with the tone rolled all the way off. It's way cool and a bit more versatile, but the sound of an eBow is unique. I should probably break down and buy one.

And then there's Edge's "infinite" guitar which sounds very similar. You can hear it quite clearly at the beginning of "With Or Without You". Does anyone here know what that guitar is all about? I've never quite figured it out.
02-07-2005 10:24 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

RE: eBow(wasYay I'm in the 'klatch') Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I like the eBow a lot. Mark uses it way more than me, as I have never owned one. I always got that sound by maxing out my MXR Distortion + pedal with tons of compression (optional) and the neck pickup on a Strat with the tone rolled all the way off. It's way cool and a bit more versatile, but the sound of an eBow is unique. I should probably break down and buy one.

And then there's Edge's "infinite" guitar which sounds very similar. You can hear it quite clearly at the beginning of "With Or Without You". Does anyone here know what that guitar is all about? I've never quite figured it out.

I've wondered that very same thing. I'm sure I saw it somewhere, listing what effects he used for that song. All I know is he pegged the sound EXACTLY on the live version of it on Rattle and Hum.
02-07-2005 10:27 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

Cool thank you sir.......I believe I am gonna break down and buy one.....had the chance to play with one at Guitar Center.....looks like it'll take practice to get the hang of it....but it should be fun Big Grin

thanks Mike Cool

02-07-2005 10:27 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool the Vince eBow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

If YOU can't figure it out, what hope do the REST of us have??? Crying Crying Crying

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
02-07-2005 10:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

RE: the Vince eBow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:

If YOU can't figure it out, what hope do the REST of us have??? Crying Crying Crying

Pick up the gauntlet, O wise ones.

02-07-2005 10:31 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

acoustic PU Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right now I'm using an L.R. Baggs "M1", which is a new take on the old fashioned magnetic-style pickup popular in the 50's and 60's. Sounds pretty neat when coupled with a Baggs preamp.

Before that I had a Seymour Duncan in there, which was ok but not as cool as the Baggs. And before that I actually had a piece of shit Barcus-Berry (this is the one I used on the live "It's For You" album) but since it was running through a Baggs pre-amp it still sounded fairly decent.

I've heard great sounding Fishmans too but if I got one I just know it would sound tinny.

In the 1970's it was FRAP all the way, but they've not gotten it together to retool for the 21st century, which is too bad as I know Arnie Lazarus and he is capable of just about anything except marketing and start-up so there ya go. Confused
02-07-2005 10:31 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Doctor Love

RE: the Vince eBow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Incidentally, I've had Kate Bush's The Dreaming since it first came out. "Sat In Your Lap"........just the idea of this with Ms. Bush makes me think too many non-Christian thoughts Shocked
02-07-2005 10:35 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Thanks Mike. I have been hesitating putting in the Fishman Natural I, as I am afraid of that same "tinny" sound. I had the Prefix Plus in my last Taylor (factory installed) and it was wonderful. I may put it in, then pick up the Baggs preamp to play through.
02-07-2005 10:36 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Hello Doctor Love!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH