77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Out of Print stuff... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Out of Print stuff...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm lost here,

What is curdled and uncurdled?

Further I'm pretty much color blind but I think my SAM is brown (possibly red).

Michaelconfused

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-02-2005 04:35 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
My SAM Uncurdled is the yellow VIA release

mine too

02-02-2005 04:40 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
I'm lost here,

What is curdled and uncurdled?

Further I'm pretty much color blind but I think my SAM is brown (possibly red).

Michaelconfused

there were two versions of the cd....the curdled one was sold in christian bookstores, and the uncurdled was sold in general market stores...in the rock section no less Shocked it had i believe 3 extra songs on it.

02-02-2005 04:42 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I think the "curdled" and "uncurdled" terms came from Mike. "Curdled" is a reference to the change the album underwent when it was edited late in the production process by the removal of two or three songs that the label felt were subject to being misinterpreted. (I don't know how anybody could think that "Sneakers" was about leering at girls, since most I've seen don't sport chrome and steel, but I don't work at that company and they didn't ask me.) There were some copies of the album that were released with the all of the original songs intact, which are referred to as "uncurdled" copies.

The CD also came out in different colors, depending on whether it was first or second printing of curdled or uncurdled.

I'm not the prevailing expert on this subject, so if someone wants to add or correct, feel free to do so.

02-02-2005 04:44 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Mine must be curdled then since it doesn't have "Sneakers" on it.

Michaellookslikeihaveanotherdisctobuy

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-02-2005 04:48 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

The only version in the webstore here is, of course, the uncurdled version.

02-02-2005 04:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

i think they also edited "the stellazine prophesy"......

i've got this great new drug....
her name is stella....

02-02-2005 04:52 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

There was some objection to what was hitting the fan in "It's for You", although the song as a whole has a good point. I think we've named the three songs that were cut.

02-02-2005 04:53 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

was it that, or my favorite lines of the song...

yes you shot your wad
when you named yourself God
but your nickname is chump
blowing chunks out youre mauth
wisdom out your rump

Big Grin

02-02-2005 04:57 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

It was probably some of both.

02-02-2005 04:59 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

mike has such a way with words Big Grin

02-02-2005 05:05 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Lovely Man Lovely Man is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

CARMAN IS THE DEVIL! THE DEVIL, I SAY!!!

bad bad breath (yuck)
02-03-2005 07:48 Lovely Man is offline Send an Email to Lovely Man Search for Posts by Lovely Man Add Lovely Man to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

Referring to the ListSrv... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>>Originally posted by rob 3.0
>>I never was on the listserv
>
>
>I was.........for about 3 days. I couldn't take getting
>100 emails a day from the listserv. I'd rather just come
>here instead. It got REAL old deleting all that stuff
>everyday.

Perhaps this should be a seperate thread...but since it was brought up here,

Some of us post on both the ListSrv and the MB here at 77s.com. Since I get WAY more spam than 77s emails, managing the 5-25 emails per day isn't a problem. (BTW, you can change your settings so you get one email at the end of the day with everything in it..."digest version".)

It's almost weird having both the ListSrv AND this MB, as it's almost two cloned communities with parts of each involved in both, but with a distinctly different set of people having almost the same discussions.

Anyway...uncaffeinated thoughts for a Thursday AM...

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sirjakeyjake: 02-03-2005 08:32.

02-03-2005 08:29 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

RE: Referring to the ListSrv... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sirjakeyjake
>>Originally posted by rob 3.0
>>I never was on the listserv
>
>
>I was.........for about 3 days. I couldn't take getting
>100 emails a day from the listserv. I'd rather just come
>here instead. It got REAL old deleting all that stuff
>everyday.

Perhaps this should be a seperate thread...but since it was brought up here,

Some of us post on both the ListSrv and the MB here at 77s.com. Since I get WAY more spam than 77s emails, managing the 5-25 emails per day isn't a problem. (BTW, you can change your settings so you get one email at the end of the day with everything in it..."digest version".)

It's almost weird having both the ListSrv AND this MB, as it's almost two cloned communities with parts of each involved in both, but with a distinctly different set of people having almost the same discussions.

Anyway...uncaffeinated thoughts for a Thursday AM...

jake,

i know. i found out there was a way to change the settings, i just got WAY too lazy with it, and decided that i get all things Sevens here anyway, so i never re-subscribed.

and you need to make those thoughts caffeinated, friend. coffee makes the world go 'round.
02-03-2005 08:54 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

RE: Referring to the ListSrv... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm with ya...on all counts. I've been on and off with the list over the past four years myself.

I think the draw for the ListSrv is for those who don't want to have to go to a website to participate. (Maybe slow-connecting computers? Or people at work where web access is disabled except for email? Just guessing.)

I'm out of coffee at the moment, so I might be draining the Pepsi 2-liter very soon. Happy Caffeination to you!

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-03-2005 09:14 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
j77
unregistered

I've been a reader of the list-serv for a very long time, I have never posted to it though. I just glean whatever knowledge of the 77s I can from it and carry on about my business.
02-03-2005 09:16
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

I shoot off an email once in a while but don't get much of a responce from them list....

this place is much more friendly Tongue

02-03-2005 19:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
dorfmaster
Kite Without a String

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Location: "I remember once hearing David Byrne say something like the better voice a singer has the harder it is to believe what they are saying. It's no problem believing Dorfsmith." --AGT

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
I'd keep it Big Grin

It seems prices of rare christian music has gone down recently (except for DA/taylor stuff) there was a time you'd never see Screaming Brittle Siren or Grape Prophet go for less that $50. Now they are going in the $20 range.

Wow, I once bid $70.00 for a grape prophet CD and didn't win. I might have to watch Knott/LSU stuff more closely Tongue Thanks to a certain someone, I have a MP3 copy of it to hold me over Big Grin

www.dorfsmith.com
02-03-2005 22:09 dorfmaster is offline Send an Email to dorfmaster Homepage of dorfmaster Search for Posts by dorfmaster Add dorfmaster to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Out of Print stuff...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH