77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fun with Sound » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fun with Sound 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stop whining. Blind Willie Johnson didn't rate a mention either. Mad

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
11-24-2004 11:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl

You mistake my comment, made with tongue deeply inserted in cheek, as whining. (although, he did make the comment about the strings being the same ones that he bought at Springfield Music)

Besides...Blind Willie couldn't read the liner notes, anyway!

Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77 bc: 11-24-2004 11:10.

11-24-2004 11:09 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:

You mistake my comment, made with tongue deeply inserted in cheek, as whining. (although, he did make the comment about the strings being the same ones that he bought at Springfield Music)

You mistake my comment, made with tongue deeply inserted in cheek, as bitching. Red Face

Tongue

11-24-2004 11:14 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

Both of you should stop inserting your tounges deeply into each others cheeks and listen to FWS more. Wink
11-24-2004 11:16
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

(_!_)

(baring my cheeks at J77)

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-24-2004 11:18 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
(_!_)

(baring my cheeks at J77)

right back at ya, brother moon. Big Grin
11-24-2004 11:18
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
Both of you should stop inserting your tounges deeply into each others cheeks and listen to FWS more. Wink

How come we can't do BOTH??? Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Tongue (mmmm, feel the tongue.... let's have it again, johnny.... )Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

On a more serious note: Them lyrics are finally starting to pop.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 11-24-2004 11:21.

11-24-2004 11:20 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Back on topic...... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have yet to pick a favorite song.

I think that "Ride the Waves" is pretty cool. It reminds me of a Brian Wilson type sound, with the Dick Dale style guitar break at the COWABUNGA! (although I hate labeling things like that)

I do REALLY like that song.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-24-2004 11:22 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
j77
unregistered
RE: Back on topic...... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At this point my favorite track is "I'm gonna run to the City of Refuge." But I'm starting to lean more towards "Gone in a Moment."
11-24-2004 11:25
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: Back on topic...... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember Mike & Mark doing "A Quiet Little Place", "Glory Train", and another one or two, but I have listened to the CD so much since then that I have forgotten for sure which ones they are.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-24-2004 11:28 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

I still don't faithin' know. "Gone in a Moment" had more or less been my favorite, but appears to be giving way to "Say So Long...." and "Ride the Waves".... wait, now it's "Glory Train".... A DOZEN LISTENS IN AND IT'S STILL TOO FAITHIN' EARLY!!! Crying Tongue Mad Big Grin Cool Baby Big Grin Shocked Pleased Smile )

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 11-24-2004 11:31.

11-24-2004 11:29 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
I still don't faithin' know. "Gone in a Moment" had more or less been my favorite, but appears to be giving way to "Say So Long...." and "Ride the Waves".... wait, now it's "Glory Train".... A DOZEN LISTENS IN AND IT'S STILL TOO FAITHIN' EARLY!!! Crying Tongue Mad Big Grin Cool Baby Big Grin
80 Pleased Smile )

I can agree with that!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-24-2004 11:31 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Currently playing: Thank You For Your Dreams!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-24-2004 13:01 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
j77
unregistered

I'm really enjoying the whole album. Glory Train and Guadalupe stand out this time thru.
11-24-2004 13:10
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

I tried to get my dad to drive 30 miles, or so, to come to Roxana and catch the show. Because of my mom's liver problems, he didn't want to leave her at home alone. I was somewhat bummed about that.

We are heading to my sister & bro-in-law's house for T-giving day, and I am going to have dad listen to some of "Fun With Sound". He likes a lot of cool stuff, and I am sure that he will dig on this one, too.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-25-2004 10:07 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

I could hear in my head the Dogs doing Glory Train.
11-25-2004 19:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bf7 bf7 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Just had my first listen today and must say that I think it's just awesome. Musically, lyrically, all-around a DAmb good experience.
11-26-2004 12:22 bf7 is offline Send an Email to bf7 Search for Posts by bf7 Add bf7 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for bf7
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I forgot that we had two threads on this subject. I commented on the other one in Off-topic.

12-13-2004 04:57 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Hey Baxter!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

read this review...

http://tm3am.com/article_041215.htm

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-23-2004 13:45 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

That's a cool little website there! Cool
12-23-2004 14:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fun with Sound

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH