77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » nashvegas show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page nashvegas show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

nashvegas show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool show here.....i really suck at reviewing concerts....i am too involved in the show to keep track of set lists and such......

they played a few oldies first, then moved on to some fun with sound stuff, mike spent a while talking about what mark does with all his gadgetry and having mark lay some loops for the next song...

they also played some stuff from "say your prayers" ...o yea...a beautiful version of lutheran hymn....

mike was funny as usual, but not like when he's with terry Crying

vocally mike was in rare form.....hitting all those high notes...WOW....scary sometimes...

toward the end he switched to electric, and played the coolest version of "nobody's fauly but mine". i had almost a country/boggie feel to it....very nice (and hopefully the baptist leaders didn't notice it was led zep) they closed with "the lust, the flesh..."very nice show!!

at the beginning there were some church members there, but by then end it was only visitors.....fans obviously. Big Grin

o....no a-train. apparently the guys heard about the rumors on the web, and called aaron to see if he was indeed available, and alas he was not......

11-11-2004 07:04 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
PennSt8 PennSt8 is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 05-31-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My work thing kept me away until after 9:00--I walked in in the middle of "Nobody's Fault But Mine." And it's particularly frustrating since Mike told me afterward that I missed a good show. Since he's such the perfectionist, if he said it was a good show, I'm sure it was GREAT.

So I didn't get to hear any of the new stuff live. Oh well.

Larry, I think I saw you there--you brought your daughter, right? I was going to say something to you, but stopped to talk to a couple of friends who were there, and when I turned around, you were gone.
11-11-2004 07:10 PennSt8 is offline Send an Email to PennSt8 Search for Posts by PennSt8 Add PennSt8 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yup...there with my VERY sleepy daughter, and then was outside talking with mark.....sorry i missed you!!

and yes....it was a VERY good. mark was very happy with it as well.....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 11-11-2004 07:22.

11-11-2004 07:21 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Baby Elvis

Well, it would have been nice to meet in person. Maybe next show. Smile

What part of Nashville are you in?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PennSt8: 11-11-2004 07:35.

11-11-2004 07:26 PennSt8 is offline Send an Email to PennSt8 Search for Posts by PennSt8 Add PennSt8 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

i live in hermitage now, but moving down towards lavergne when my lease is up in january...

11-11-2004 07:31 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Baby Elvis

I used to live over Antioch way. It was so convenient being that close to the airport.

Oh, to bring this thread back on topic--I believe the last song they played was "I Could Laugh." It's easy for me to remember, since I only got to hear 2 1/2 songs. Wink
11-11-2004 07:35 PennSt8 is offline Send an Email to PennSt8 Search for Posts by PennSt8 Add PennSt8 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

ahhh you are correct....i forgot about that!!

11-11-2004 07:37 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
KrazyKyle KrazyKyle is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-11-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

Thanks again to everyone! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To all of the fans who hung to the very end, once again I'd like to say a hearty thanks! Although, it's NOT hard when the 77's are playing to sit back and let it happen.

In regards to the fine folks at the church, I have to remember I've got 20 or so years head start on listening to the tunes. We really don't hit the hymnal very hard there, so please pray as I continue to search for what type of "blended" will work. (I'm thinking strawnilla...or chocanna. Now I'm thirsty.) If you're in the neighborhood on Sunday, I'm thinking of doing "MT" at the end of the service (piano/vocal) just to see if anyone remembers that one since it was the opening song of the set.

I hope most of you picked up the new record. My intial reaction can be summed up in one word "smooth".

It is without question that Mike and gang have made an impact on me; not just in their musicality but their ability to share the ups and downs of living. It's good to note I'm not going it alone in trying to figure out life before the final curtain.

Here we are... Smile
11-11-2004 09:07 KrazyKyle is offline Send an Email to KrazyKyle Search for Posts by KrazyKyle Add KrazyKyle to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

thanks kyle for bringing the guys here.......that's twice in 6 months they have been in n-ville....that's more than i saw them in 5 years in atlanta.... Big Grin

11-11-2004 10:12 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » nashvegas show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH