77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » New tour reviews » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New tour reviews
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

New tour reviews Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Post some concert reviews and stuff people, we want to hear
how it's going. Smile
11-06-2004 20:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you guys going to make it to one of the shows?

Was I ever on the inside?
11-07-2004 09:26 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Planning on it.. we tried to make it to the show in
Dayton but it didn't work out. Hopefully we can get
to the St Louis area show or maybe the Nashville one..
or both.
11-07-2004 14:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Surely someone is attending these shows.... Confused

11-09-2004 04:52 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
brian brian is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-10-2004

RE: New tour reviews Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Went to the Dayton show. Always good to see the Cosenzas! Thanks for everything Curt & Deb!!!

It was a small setting at Canal Street. Regardless, we were treated to a top-notch show from Mike and Mark. After attending this show, I'm kicking myself for not getting a gig set up in my town.

7 & 7 iS opened with some traditional tunes like "MT", "Ba Ba Ba Ba", and other assorted 7's tunes. However, the guys performed some new stuff as well. "Glory Train" and "Thank You For Your Dreams" come to mind and maybe a couple of others from the new "Fun With Sound" release.

Mike and Mark sounded great! They were in good spirits and really seemed to have a good time. The crowd had the chance to catch up with the guys. A really relaxed, but social setting.

The Cosenzas' put on a great 25th anniversary party for the 77s that night as well. Everyone was treated to one of the only official 77s (celebratory) cakes I've ever seen or heard of. The guys were presented with a 25th anniversary commemorative poster showcasing the past 25 years through past photos and concert events.

Speaking of "Fun With Sound", has anyone heard this thing? It's pretty incredible!!! It is as solid as anything the 77s have done in years. What kills me is that the very last song reminds me of the "Drowning With Land In Sight" record, while everything else throughout reminds me of a mix between mike's solo work and the 77s. A Perfect 7 & 7 iS record!!!

Thanks Mike and Mark for a great show! Thanks again to the Cosenzas as well!

brian
11-10-2004 16:43 brian is offline Send an Email to brian Search for Posts by brian Add brian to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: New tour reviews Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the review!

11-11-2004 04:45 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by brian
Speaking of "Fun With Sound", has anyone heard this thing? It's pretty incredible!!!

NO!!! I haven't!!! AHHHH!!!!!! Frown
11-11-2004 11:21 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Bryan Bryan is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-12-2004

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Went to the show in Mount Vernon ohio. I must say it was excellent. I think it had been almost two years since i saw any form of the 77s. It was a great mix of new stuff and old stuff. Their playing was better than it had been in several years.
The new material sounded really good, I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but I was pleasently surprised.
The ending of the show was pretty fun, some guy in the audience paid mike to keep playing, they then played some bob dylan and some doors (riders on the storm), some thing else too. Finally closed with Ache beautiful. Fairly long show, 2.5 to 3 hours. very enjoyable, excellent sound, everything we expect from mike and mark.
Oh, this was the most impressed I have been with Marks playing, he was looping 3 or 4 parts on some of the songs, made for a nice full sound.
Thanks for touring guys.
11-12-2004 06:33 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan

Oh, this was the most impressed I have been with Marks playing, he was looping 3 or 4 parts on some of the songs, made for a nice full sound.
Thanks for touring guys.

yea...this whole thing mark is doing live is really cool.......and he is one heck of a bass player, to boot!!!!

11-12-2004 07:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » New tour reviews

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH