77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deluxe editions/B sides comp » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Deluxe editions/B sides comp
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Deluxe editions/B sides comp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey...

With all these deluxe editions coming out (U2's "Achtung Baby" and Daniel Amos' "Shotgun Angel" come to mind), any chance for an "Island record" (the eponymous album) deluxe edition? A live show along with any outtakes? I know many of these already exist on "Sticks and Stones" and "More Miserable..." Or a deluxe edition of "Pray Naked"? If not, maybe another Roesbud/Guilty Pleasures release? I know you just gotta have some grade-A material in that massive 7's archive, Doc!

07-13-2011 13:24 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

07-13-2011 14:06 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like all of these ideas personally.. Putting the Deluxe Shotgun Angel together was one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever been involved in. Its exactly the kind of reissue I love to get from a favorite band.

The idea of doing more Roesbud/GP type releases came up not too long ago and Mike was interested in doing it.
07-13-2011 14:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77

quote:
Its exactly the kind of reissue I love to get from a favorite band.

Same here. And The Island Record and Pray Naked are the quintessential 7s releases to me. So deluxe editions of these (or anything else, really) would be great.

07-13-2011 20:07 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Deluxe editions/B sides comp

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH