77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Question: Strawmen - At Home » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Question: Strawmen - At Home
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Question: Strawmen - At Home Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm confused....I could have sworn up and down that the Liquid Disc version of At Home had the instrumental version of "Holy Hold". My friend who worked at a Christian bookstore used to own the CD cause he received a promo for free. I never got around to buying it, but am interested now and am seeing copies on ebay. His copy had "Holy Hold" on it and I could have sworn that At Home didn't get the push to Christian bookstores until Liquid Disc released it. Am I wrong? I want to buy it, but there are specific tracks that I want, one of which is "Holy Hold", but it doesn't seem to appear on the Liquid Disc version.

02-10-2008 09:26 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Don't do it!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I prefer the original release of At Home, especially because of the instrumental version of "Holy Hold". That track was the inspiration for The 77s to record the tune. Sadly, we ended up making a hash of it, but if you want to hear the true charm of that song, it's in the Strawmen instrumental.

You can buy the Liquid Disc version if you want, but if I were you I would comb eBay and elsewhere for the original. If you can't find it, email Doctor Love at mike@77s.com and I might be able to help you out in a kind of way Wink
02-10-2008 18:07 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Thumb Up! Score!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was at a Half Price Books today and they had a copy of the version of this record that has the "Holy Hold" instrumental. Snatched it right up I did for $6.98.

It looked like someone basically dumped their entire CCM collection there or something. I saw a bunch N'Soul records stuff and some SF59 and 77s records as well.

02-20-2011 18:47 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kit, now you've got me looking through my Strawmen stuff again. Unfortunately, I haven't thought about these guys in years. Also like "Deep End" and "Phony Eyes." Cool

02-20-2011 19:22 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Shocked RE: Score!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I was at a Half Price Books today and they had a copy of the version of this record that has the "Holy Hold" instrumental. Snatched it right up I did for $6.98.

It looked like someone basically dumped their entire CCM collection there or something. I saw a bunch N'Soul records stuff and some SF59 and 77s records as well.

They had SF59 on vinyl??? Shocked
02-25-2011 23:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sup' Dennis.

I said records, but I meant CDs. I actually didn't check vinyl. Shoulda done that I guess. I don't have a vinyl player but I do collect some vinyl, and would certainly invest in some SF59 and some more 77s vinyl.

They had SF59 She's the Queen, and then they had the initial pressing of Silver with the misspelling of "Starflier" on the CD. I would have grabbed it if I didn't already have it. I don't think it's really valuable or anything. As far as 77s, they had a Pray Naked, Drowning With Land in Sight, and Tom Tom Blues on CD each for $6.98 I think.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 02-26-2011 06:22.

02-26-2011 06:10 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

*edit*

oops double post...can't figure out how to delete

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 02-26-2011 06:23.

02-26-2011 06:11 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love

Click on the ‘edit’ button, then check the ‘Delete Post?’ checkbox on the upper left and then click the ‘delete post’ button on the right ~~

Doctor Love has attached this image:
rca_nipper.jpg

02-26-2011 14:07 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I don't think I get that option (unless I am extremely unobservant, which unfortunately is a high possibility)...

Kit has attached this image (reduced version):
editpost.jpg

02-26-2011 15:32 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love

Audiori? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, you’re right. I had no idea that normal posters couldn’t delete their own posts -- that totally blows. Perhaps our beloved moderators could comment on that and/or change it so that is possible. Most other boards I post upon allow you to do that.

Kit, if there’s anything particularly embarrassing or upsetting that you wish deleted immediately, let me know and I’ll go in and do it.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Armando days.jpg

02-26-2011 16:54 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

^^ cool, Doc. I never knew you were in a bowling league.

02-26-2011 19:50 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Nah...no embarrassment here. I basically went in to edit my post but ended up somehow quoting it instead. So, I tried to go in and delete the 2nd post to avoid double posting, but wasn't able. Weird though because I think I have been able to delete a post before.

Ah well...back to The Strawfellas. Big Grin

02-26-2011 21:51 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Wow, this thread sure did end up going totally ghey! Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
02-28-2011 18:30 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Oh yeah, I vorted too! Tongue

~Saint Augustine~
02-28-2011 18:30 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

It all culminated in your 2 posts, fanny. Tongue

Also, I forgot how badass the song "Sometimes" is. Was that one ever considered for Pray Naked?

02-28-2011 19:09 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Sup' Dennis.

I said records, but I meant CDs. I actually didn't check vinyl. Shoulda done that I guess. I don't have a vinyl player but I do collect some vinyl, and would certainly invest in some SF59 and some more 77s vinyl.

They had SF59 She's the Queen, and then they had the initial pressing of Silver with the misspelling of "Starflier" on the CD. I would have grabbed it if I didn't already have it. I don't think it's really valuable or anything. As far as 77s, they had a Pray Naked, Drowning With Land in Sight, and Tom Tom Blues on CD each for $6.98 I think.

I bought my copy of She's the Queen at a half price books!
03-11-2011 23:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Sup' Dennis.

I bought my copy of She's the Queen at a half price books!

That same Half Price Books actually has She's the Queen right now. I would buy it, but all the songs were added to the Silver re-issue, which I have. Of all SF59's EPs I think I like that one the most after Fell in Love at 22.

03-15-2011 20:56 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Question: Strawmen - At Home

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH