77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » lost dogs site problem » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page lost dogs site problem
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great, now it's happening for me on Chrome too. Fantastic.
01-31-2011 19:59 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do you see it on every page?
01-31-2011 20:10 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

For me - I'm still not getting it on any page. Its difficult to deal with something that I can't even see...

One thing we could do as a last resort is just wipe it clean and upload everything fresh.
01-31-2011 21:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by jason

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
For me - I'm still not getting it on any page. Its difficult to deal with something that I can't even see...

One thing we could do as a last resort is just wipe it clean and upload everything fresh.

I don't think that's a solution since part of the problem is Google's analysis of the site. I still think the answer is to request that Google re-review the site which would hopefully update their bad-sites list. See my previous posts for links.

If you still want to load the site anew, then I would focus on just two pages/sections. I only get the warning in Chrome for the following two links:

http://thelostdogs.com/band.html
http://thelostdogs.com/store/
02-01-2011 05:27 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Jason, the warnings do not occur if you merely click on those links, at least for me. It’s about the splash page. And, if I force my way past that, the warnings come up again if I wish to enter the site.

This is a very bad situation for us. It could cost us the business and future fandom of every person that tries to access our site. I really hope this gets resolved soon.
02-01-2011 11:22 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
vasquez vasquez is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

Bad network Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The google warning seems to imply it's the network that the lostdogs.com server is in:

"This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS20401 (HOSTWAY)."

The warning from google for this network (AS20401):
"Over the past 90 days, we found 20 site(s) on this network, including, for example, iaabo193.com/, revolutionfight.com/, nwawisconsin.com/, that appeared to function as intermediaries for the infection of 38 other site(s) including, for example, ayesob.org.tr/, watchesnsuch.com/, alfaroog.com/."

If somebody has hijacked the AS, he can redirect the traffic to whereever he wants. The ISP and/or the upstream has to fix it.

The google page says the webmaster can fix the blacklisting by using the Webmaster Tools
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

specifically:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=168328

HTH,
Andreas.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by vasquez: 02-01-2011 13:48.

02-01-2011 13:22 vasquez is offline Send an Email to vasquez Search for Posts by vasquez Add vasquez to your Buddy List
Administrator

My hosting company has been looking into it for a few days... Still talking to them. Yeah, I definitely don't get the idea that its anything on our side.

The semi-good news is that many people can't see it at all, so its not affecting everyone.
02-02-2011 10:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

works for me today, using linux and firefox.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-02-2011 16:43 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
jason
Someone New

The site comes up for me now in Chrome at work. This is the first time it's worked in Chrome since I started this thread.

Firefox isn't giving me a warning either, though it has gone back and forth a couple of times.

When I get home this evening, I'll find out whether it I get the same results there.
02-03-2011 06:48 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thats a good sign. A couple of things were done yesterday that should have fixed the issue, but I was told to wait about a day to see results. So maybe things are ok...
02-03-2011 06:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Works fine for me again..I'm on Chrome and was blocked the other day...

jeffrey k.

02-03-2011 07:31 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

works fine for me as well...I'm on safari

02-03-2011 09:05 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

No warnings from Google via the Droid.

02-03-2011 10:54 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

Yay! First time without the warning on Safari -- the fix may be in ~~ Cool

Doctor Love has attached this image:
I Have A Dreamsicle.jpg

02-03-2011 11:09 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Firefox and Chrome are working for me from home. The problem seems to have passed!
02-03-2011 19:18 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

www.michaelroe.com Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been getting complaints this past week from Dan Tackett and others that they cannot access www.michaelroe.com. Some kind of weird error message from their ISP saying it can’t find my site.

I’m seeing it just fine -- is there anyone else who can verify this problem? Dan was using Firefox on a pc, I believe ~~
02-16-2011 16:04 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

No error messages (Droid Mobile, Google browser)

02-16-2011 21:06 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

I have no problems with Firefox or Chrome on PC.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jason: 02-17-2011 06:01.

02-17-2011 06:00 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

all good here. chrome on a mac

jeffrey k.

02-17-2011 21:35 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Administrator

I think MichaelRoe.com was hacked the other day. There was a day or so there where things were goofy. There was a weird redirect added into the server so it was trying to send people somewhere else.

I fixed it pretty quick once I was alerted to it... I think these sites get enough traffic that they occasionally attract the attention of a hacker. We've had something similar happen a few times in the past.

There shouldn't be any problems now.
02-17-2011 23:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » lost dogs site problem

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH