77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » New 77s track on tribute/benefit release » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77s track on tribute/benefit release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

New 77s track on tribute/benefit release Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just stumbled across this news about a 77s track on an upcoming Tommy Bolin tribute / benefit project. The release is called "Mister Bolin's Late Night Revival." Seems kinda unique, in that current artists were given demos by the late Tommy Bolin on which to build new tracks.

The 77s track is called "Long Way to Go." You can hear about 45 seconds of it here (manipulate the embedded player to cue up the track):

http://www.misterbolinslatenightrevival.com/index.html

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Here's the blurb about the 77s track:

Long Way To Go:
The 77’s ruled the 90’s as a college radio staple, and they have a cult following that continues to this day. Singer Mike Roe turns in a Little Feat/Rolling Stones style rave up Mike describes as "swampy as Hell.” Roe described hearing Tommy on Billy Cobham’s Spectrum as a revelation. “No one did anything like it in a rock sense up until that time. I thought Tommy had three hands.”

(blurb from http://www.misterbolinslatenightrevival....t_profiles.html).

Now, does anyone know when this thing's supposed to be released? Weird, but I don't see the date anywhere on the official site, and Amazon doesn't seem to know anything about it, either.
10-20-2010 10:15 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Continues the HGB vibe. A whole, original album like this would be most welcome!

10-20-2010 11:49 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For sure, Markymark
10-20-2010 13:09 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Robinbrevard
Big Grin You can download The 7's track now! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good news:

You can get this new 77's track for a whopping $0.99 by going to the link in my first post and clicking the CD Baby purchase button. It's real easy to buy single tracks.

I've listened to the full track a couple of times now. It's not exactly knocking my proverbial socks off, but I like it and it might be prove to be a grower.

The web site for the album now has about five reviews and among them there's only this one mention of our fellas:

"The 77s seem like the Stones trying to be Little Feat" (Girard Holford's review from Night Life magazine).

Well, that may be more or less accurate as a description, but a little too dismissive for my tastes and my love of the Sevens!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Robinbrevard: 11-17-2010 14:39.

11-17-2010 14:36 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
gowensby gowensby is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-26-2007
Favorite 77s album: All Fall Down

Thanks! Glad to hear some new 77's.
12-05-2010 17:23 gowensby is offline Send an Email to gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Robinbrevard
(bump!) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bump!

(Sorry, my sinful ego made me do it...)
01-11-2011 14:00 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » New 77s track on tribute/benefit release

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH