77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fan Club Releases » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fan Club Releases
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

RE: Guilty Pleasures and Roesbuds Liner Notes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nekkid Prey
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
My Sticks and Stones has nothing but detailed liner notes about every song and why and how they were recorded.??..

Cynthia,

That's my point. I'm hoping Mike can provide some liner notes for the two fan club CDs like he did for Sticks & Stones. Big Grin

Yeah, I see that now. I guess I didn't bother to read it very carefully before. Big Grin

12-24-2005 20:58 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: Tattoo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I'm just not so sure about the rest of the Magnets' stuff, but it's ok enough to put out, I guess. We just don't have the money or support to do as many of these special projects as we once did, but who knows...

stuff like this would be great for a download store, like the choir has.....

i'm just sayin'....

07-14-2006 20:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered
RE: Tattoo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I'm just not so sure about the rest of the Magnets' stuff, but it's ok enough to put out, I guess. We just don't have the money or support to do as many of these special projects as we once did, but who knows...

stuff like this would be great for a download store, like the choir has.....

i'm just sayin'....

I can agree with that Cool
07-14-2006 20:47
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
i'm just sayin'....

I'm just beggin'
07-15-2006 05:21 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have all the fan club stuff!!!! and signed by mike roe himself!!!

07-25-2006 19:18 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

How 'bout art scans?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can one of you who's got Guilty Pleasures and Roesbuds scan the art and throw them up here?

Apparently, they simply do not exist out there in cyberland...

Please & thanks!
10-18-2010 04:39 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They'll be available for sale again in the not-too-distant future.

Some of the original files have gone missing and its been a little slower to get them ready than anyone would have liked. But they are coming.
10-18-2010 06:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They'll be available for sale again in the not-too-distant future.

Some of the original files have gone missing and its been a little slower to get them ready than anyone would have liked. But they are coming.

Cool Beans man.........

10-18-2010 06:41 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

RE: How 'bout art scans?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Robinbrevard
Can one of you who's got Guilty Pleasures and Roesbuds scan the art and throw them up here?

Apparently, they simply do not exist out there in cyberland...

Please & thanks!

i think i have both at home in itunes at home. i'll check when i get there.

10-18-2010 10:10 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Administrator

Robinbrevard,

Why does your copy not have artwork? Or, do you just have no way of scanning it?
10-18-2010 11:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

can't speak for him, but for me, scanning is just too much trouble.

10-18-2010 13:31 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Administrator

I was more wondering if it was a legitimate copy of the Fan club discs or a copy that someone made for him. If its the latter, it would be nice if he would consider buying the new versions when they're released.
10-18-2010 14:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Someone New

I'll PM you with the rest of the story, but let's just put it this way:

I have "legit" copies of both releases, but no artwork came with them.

NOW THEN: would someone please toss some scans this way?

Big Grin

I would really appreciate it, and some others who've never seen them might appreciate them, too...
10-18-2010 15:19 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK cool. Just checking. Happy
10-18-2010 16:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

sounds like someone got the doc love special Big Grin

10-18-2010 17:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Someone New

Don't worry about that... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Believe me, I'm such a 77s completist nut-case that I will certainly lay down the $ if/when these are finally re-released. But seriously, haven't there been threats to re-release these puppies for years? What's the chance it's actually going to happen before some more people on this forum have great grandchildren?

Wink
10-19-2010 05:57 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'd say its very likely in the next two weeks.

They've been in line for a while, and that has been mentioned before.
Originally, it was going to be as simple as just converting the old files over to a jewel case format. That would have been done pretty quickly. Due to a hard drive crash (not mine), some of the original files were lost. So, we've had to go back and recreate some things.. clean up some things.. and piece it all back together. Theres really only one piece left for each title thats being worked on right now.

While it may not necessarily look like it, quite a bit of work has gone into bringing back some of these "fan club" style releases like Chrimbo & All Day Sing.
10-19-2010 06:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:

Originally, it was going to be as simple as just converting the old files over to a jewel case format. That would have been done pretty quickly. Due to a hard drive crash (not mine), some of the original files were lost. So, we've had to go back and recreate some things.. clean up some things.. and piece it all back together. Theres really only one piece left for each title thats being worked on right now.

While it may not necessarily look like it, quite a bit of work has gone into bringing back some of these "fan club" style releases like Chrimbo & All Day Sing.

That would be really cool.

10-19-2010 06:30 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Someone New

Great!

(I hereby withdraw my snarky question...)

Roll Eyes
10-19-2010 07:41 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

quote:

This is excellent news! I'm short 'Roesbud' and have been dying to get that one. These releases can have alot of cool surprises. "All the Very Best Things" from 'All Day Sing' turned out to be one of those desert island songs, so its definately a must have.

10-21-2010 02:20 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Fan Club Releases

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH