77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Where should I buy new cd? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where should I buy new cd?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There were pre-orders?

05-11-2010 08:49 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not officially... it just went on sale slightly (hours) before the actual release date.
05-11-2010 09:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
Not officially... it just went on sale slightly (hours) before the actual release date.

I was referring to the donations made during the Route 66 tour. The links were posted on the myspace and the website, too, I believe. For $50 you got a CD and your name in the liner notes, if memory serves. For $100, I think you got the DVD as well, along with your name in the credits. Something like that, anyway. That's what I'm wondering about.

05-11-2010 12:45 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oh I'm sorry - I gotcha.

Linda would have to answer any questions about that.
05-11-2010 13:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
me-is-e

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Yeah, I thought that was all simply a donation, but not a pre-order. Maybe I was wrong about that though. Cool (the smilies there because my daughter said we should add one!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by me-is-e: 05-11-2010 15:54.

05-11-2010 14:19 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
I was referring to the donations made during the Route 66 tour. The links were posted on the myspace and the website, too, I believe. For $50 you got a CD and your name in the liner notes, if memory serves. For $100, I think you got the DVD as well, along with your name in the credits. Something like that, anyway. That's what I'm wondering about.

Those were donations, not preorders. For $50 you got your name in the CD and DVD liner notes and a free Route 66 t-shirt. For $25 you got your name in the CD and DVD liner notes. For $10 you got your name in the CD liner notes. There was no specified donation for $100 unless someone wanted to donate that amount, and we would certainly not turn it down!

Hope that helps clarify....

Linda
05-11-2010 14:36 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
Those were donations, not preorders. For $50 you got your name in the CD and DVD liner notes and a free Route 66 t-shirt. For $25 you got your name in the CD and DVD liner notes. For $10 you got your name in the CD liner notes. There was no specified donation for $100 unless someone wanted to donate that amount, and we would certainly not turn it down!

Well, I wasn't sure about the $100 thing. I guess I remembered it differently. Sorry. I just haven't heard about it since then.

So, how successful was it? What kind of response did you get?

05-11-2010 18:24 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
If you watch your inbox, you should receive a shipping confirmation *with tracking info*. Sometimes these emails get blocked or filtered, so you may have to look for it. This is a new system that we just started using recently.. working pretty well so far.

I haven't gotten a tracking e-mail. What address is it from? I may need to get my ISP to unblock it.
05-17-2010 06:31 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Why can't you use iTunes?

If all esle fails, buy the CD and rip it to whatever format you want.

itunes doesn't work in my OS.

plus the issues mark lists below.

itunes is THE music player for PC, if you can use it, whether you have an IPOD or not.

DL's tend to be cheaper than buying the physical disc, which is why i asked. i personally feel $18 plus shipping is too much to pay for an album. i'm sure someone will disagree, but that's how i feel.

you on Ubuntu?

05-17-2010 07:32 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by jason
quote:
If you watch your inbox, you should receive a shipping confirmation *with tracking info*. Sometimes these emails get blocked or filtered, so you may have to look for it. This is a new system that we just started using recently.. working pretty well so far.

I haven't gotten a tracking e-mail. What address is it from? I may need to get my ISP to unblock it.

I got the tracking e-mail. It's from "at" - uspsshippingapis.com. If I'd known the CDs weren't shipping until this week, I would've waited to ask about it.

Looking forward to getting it!
05-19-2010 05:48 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oops - I'm sorry, I didn't see your question about the tracking email. I need to add the info on that address to the store so folks can be sure its unblocked.

The Dogs CDs arrived a few days after they were supposed to.. so once they got here we had a pretty large number of orders waiting. Because of that, it took a few days to get ahead of that backlog and steady flow. Everythings good now though.
05-19-2010 07:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Why can't you use iTunes?

If all esle fails, buy the CD and rip it to whatever format you want.

itunes doesn't work in my OS.

plus the issues mark lists below.

itunes is THE music player for PC, if you can use it, whether you have an IPOD or not.

DL's tend to be cheaper than buying the physical disc, which is why i asked. i personally feel $18 plus shipping is too much to pay for an album. i'm sure someone will disagree, but that's how i feel.

you on Ubuntu?

hey larry...just installed Ubuntu 10.04 on a guys laptop.....he was tired of Vista's crashing and I convinced him to switch.....anyhow, sorry for the off topic :-p

05-19-2010 19:30 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Where should I buy new cd?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH