77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Roe related release this decade? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Best Roe related release this decade?
Fun With Sound 8 22.22%
Holy Ghost Building 7 19.44%
It's For You 4 11.11%
Say Your Prayers 4 11.11%
99 3 8.33%
A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows 2 5.56%
Orbis 2 5.56%
The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees 2 5.56%
Nazarene Crying Towel 1 2.78%
Happy Chrimbo 1 2.78%
Gift Horse 1 2.78%
Direct 1 2.78%
We All Gonna Face the Rising Sun 0 0.00%
Daydream 0 0.00%
Real Men Cry 0 0.00%
Total: 36 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Best Roe related release this decade? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Marti
A lot of the charm of It's for You, imho anyway, is the old home week quality of the commentary and banter between the songs. There are also some eclectic things from out on the nice side of left field on there.

I concur 100% on this assessment!

I agree too. Even though that album is live it has more volume/excitement than many other albums. I just think it's a lot of fun and I love that album. Plus it has many of the "classics" of the 77's like Do It For Love and The Lust.

11-24-2009 10:40 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fun With Sound fell behind. Frown

01-24-2010 11:04 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

You know, I'd call that a pretty productive decade.
01-24-2010 12:01 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Compare that list with other bands that released material throughout the decade, like U2:

All That You Can't Leave Behind
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
No Line on the Horizon

01-24-2010 12:44 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

They were spending the rest of their time counting cash, no doubt.
01-24-2010 15:23 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Thumb Up! I voted. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fun With Sound!
Fun With Sound!
Fun With Sound!
01-24-2010 16:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Crows sure got the shaft. I think "U R Trippin", "Mr. Magoo", "There Forever", and "Mean Green Season" are all pretty good songs.

01-24-2010 16:38 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Crows is my least favorite album in the entire catalog.

~Saint Augustine~
01-24-2010 16:45 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

crows is not bad...but all the best songs made it to the fabulous late.. Cool so that is the one i usually play...
never really got into fun with sound...and believe me i've tried... Frown Confused
why is late not on the list??? Mad Mad Mad

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 01-24-2010 21:07.

01-24-2010 21:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I didn't put Late on there because (from what I understood) it was more or less just a greatest hits of recent 77s stuff pushed to Family Christian Bookstores and, due to limited poll options, I felt it was better to keep the non-compilation-based stuff in the runnings.

But again, I didn't realize Daydream was a 1999 release. Research FAIL.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 01-25-2010 03:02.

01-24-2010 21:17 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Polls and Releases Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh gosh - I'm a little late to this party. Didn't even see this poll until now... I'm gonna put in my vote for either Fun with Sound or Holy Ghost Building - I'm having a hard time deciding.

P.S. The fart doesn't count as a release. Well it is some kind of release but maybe not a musical one... Big Grin
01-25-2010 07:27 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Fun With Sound!
Fun With Sound!
Drink! Arse! Feck!
Drink! Arse! Feck!
Drink! Arse! Feck!
01-27-2010 02:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Surprised so many voted for Fun With Sound or It's For You. I never get any comments on those, good or bad. It's always about Say Your Prayers.

I should have vorted for Happy Chrimbo. It's unfinished but I'm particularly proud of that one, mostly 'cuz we did it lightening fast like the Lost Dogs do. Consequently, it always sounds fresh and immediate to me rather than labored over. I always have bad feelings towards labored over albums even if I like them. I remember the work and the striving and only hear the mistakes and failings. This seems to be a universal thing amongst recording artists. I wish we had the balls to go back to the 50's (and earlier) method of recording, which was live in the studio. Elvis started the thing of doing endless takes to perfect a master so I can blame him I guess.

Like John Lennon said in an interview just before his death, that he cannot listen to any of the Beatles stuff, he just heard what parts he wanted to fix.
01-27-2010 02:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Guess I'll have to get a copy of Fun With Sound and listen to it. I've still never heard it.

01-28-2010 06:10 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
Guess I'll have to get a copy of Fun With Sound and listen to it. I've still never heard it.

Absolutely.............you'll love it.

Cool

01-29-2010 18:48 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
petra777 petra777 is a female
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-13-2010

im still working my way through my hubby's collection...but Orbis is ma' fav...maybe its cause i have a soft spot for electronic infused stuff...(that and they are instrumentals...never put a piece of music in front of me that i can 'tinker' with :oO )

on some of the others i like a song or 2 here and there...but 2nd id have to say We All Gonna Face the Rising Sun..i think i listened to it about the time i found myself looking for older music, (because an old muse decided to pay me an unexpected visit)...stuff that was written/inspired before fame/fortune/marketing, etc took over music...when emotions in the music were raw & real...so now when that ol' wise muse comes around, ive got my old field recordings of my great grandfather in the 50s...and this nifty mike roe cd for inspiration Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by petra777: 06-13-2010 02:13.

06-13-2010 02:11 petra777 is offline Send an Email to petra777 Homepage of petra777 Search for Posts by petra777 Add petra777 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of petra777: amstekmetal
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

I vorted!! Fun With Sound for me. Big Grin

06-13-2010 05:19 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Missing Persons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where's Mutt and Green Room Serenade Part Tour? I think some others have gone missing as well, not to mention all the albums I produced and played on. A few of those are still unavailable, but I am working to get them out there for everyone to hear.

Go to www.lisaphenix.com and get her Songflower Girl album, for starters. I produced, played, sang and the 77s are the only band for the entire album. It's a must for collectors and a great album.

There are others I produced and played on for Green Bracelet and Johnny Reliable. Looking to hunt down some boxes of the latter to sell in the webstore (it's a million times better than the first one I did for them ages ago) and trying to find a way to get download links to the former (they are too broke to even press the album up!)
06-13-2010 14:47 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Wink RE: Missing Persons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Where's Mutt and Green Room Serenade Part Tour? I think some others have gone missing as well, not to mention all the albums I produced and played on. A few of those are still unavailable, but I am working to get them out there for everyone to hear.

Go to www.lisaphenix.com and get her Songflower Girl album, for starters. I produced, played, sang and the 77s are the only band for the entire album. It's a must for collectors and a great album.

There are others I produced and played on for Green Bracelet and Johnny Reliable. Looking to hunt down some boxes of the latter to sell in the webstore (it's a million times better than the first one I did for them ages ago) and trying to find a way to get download links to the former (they are too broke to even press the album up!)

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

...the poll only allows up to 15 choices so I had to scale back...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 06-13-2010 21:37.

06-13-2010 21:36 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
petra777 petra777 is a female
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-13-2010

need to just start another poll with all the missing ones...

06-13-2010 23:18 petra777 is offline Send an Email to petra777 Homepage of petra777 Search for Posts by petra777 Add petra777 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of petra777: amstekmetal
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Roe related release this decade?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH