77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » A Perfect Chrimbo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Perfect Chrimbo 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

A Perfect Chrimbo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For me... Happy Chrimbo is a great spin for Christmas - it is a very good take on standards and warms the heart during the cold of winter.

For me a perfect follow-up would be to add 5 more "standards" and one original 7's holiday tune (to of course become a "standard")

As the ultimate BONUS include Mike's famous egg nog recipe to the liner notes for the perfect Christmas disc!

Any takers?

How 'bout Mike, Mark and Bruce... while it's cold and your in the wintry mood!

:-)

Peace!

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freak: 12-08-2009 09:55.

12-08-2009 09:54 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Perfect Chrimbo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with freak... This sounds fantastic... How 'bout it, Mike? Of course, this would be for Christmas 2010 since Christmas is already upon us and you may be busy with the Lost Dogs Route 66 CD/DVD and whatever else you may be working on... ;-)
12-08-2009 10:56 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

RE: Perfect Chrimbo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in for several copies of this disc. I love Happy Chrimbo!!!!!!!

~Saint Augustine~
12-08-2009 15:42 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hate Christmas music but love Happy Chrimbo

12-08-2009 17:21 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

yep yep yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have wanted to do that for years and now that we have a kick ass studio in Mark's garage, I am hoping that a finally finished Happy Chrimbo complete with the eggnog recipe will be available.

It's always cool when the fans are thinking along identical lines as the band. I will mention it to the guys, but not until next year. Bruce is the sort of person that will demand that this be done right this minute and I've got hella shopping and baking to do ~~ Big Grin
12-08-2009 20:25 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have yet to hear Happy Chrimbo.

Also, the best Christmas CD I have heard in recent memory is The Fleshtones' Stocking Stuffer.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/stockin...fer/id290617987

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 12-08-2009 21:45.

12-08-2009 21:44 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: yep yep yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We have wanted to do that for years and now that we have a kick *** studio in Mark's garage, I am hoping that a finally furnished Happy Chrimbo complete with the eggnog recipe will be available.

It's always cool when the fans are thinking along identical lines as the band. I will mention it to the guys, but not until next year. Bruce is the sort of person that will demand that this be done right this minute and I've got hella shopping and baking to do ~~ Big Grin

There's the cover--Doctor in an apron.

12-09-2009 00:23 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

NOT GOOD. You NEED to hear Happy Chrimbo!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-09-2009 06:14 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Thread Starter Thread Started by freak

Sweet!! That will be one to look forward to...

Mike - just to confirm...

you drop Vanilla ice cream in that slush of nog and dark rum, right?

~f

12-09-2009 07:09 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by freak

~f

in brick form

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-09-2009 17:15 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by freak

~f

in brick form

http://www.seventysevens.com/wbb2/thread...8140#post158140

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-09-2009 17:16 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
77sfan 77sfan is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

Also, the best Christmas CD I have heard in recent memory is The Fleshtones' Stocking Stuffer.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/stockin...fer/id290617987

WHAT? Blasphemy!

Go to the corner and stay there until you have heard Happy Chrimbo 77 times.

~Saint Augustine~
12-09-2009 17:27 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Thread Starter Thread Started by freak

Bret - thanks!

fan... that sounds like an appropriate punishment!

~f

12-10-2009 07:24 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

RE: yep yep yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We have wanted to do that for years and now that we have a kick *** studio in Mark's garage, I am hoping that a finally finished Happy Chrimbo complete with the eggnog recipe will be available.

Speaking of Mike's egg nog supreme recipe, I started this tradition in my family two years ago and plan on keeping it up every Christmas/Chrimbo season. It has been a big hit! Thanks Doc... What's a few more pounds, right?? Big Grin

Jim
12-10-2009 08:38 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Pfiagra Pfiagra is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: A Perfect Chrimbo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For a new Mike Roe Christmas tune, Michael Pritzl has a FREE Christmas EP download titled "Divine".

The song "bluechristmas-sandy claws please come home" features Mike Roe on vocals.

The EP can be downloaded from the violet burning website here: http://www.thevioletburning.com/www/audio/downloads/divine/divine2009.htm
12-10-2009 20:00 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

RE: A Perfect Chrimbo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
For a new Mike Roe Christmas tune, Michael Pritzl has a FREE Christmas EP download titled "Divine".

The song "bluechristmas-sandy claws please come home" features Mike Roe on vocals.

It isn't new. Divine was first released in 2007. They just only make it available around Christmas time.
12-11-2009 06:08 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

Man I love Chrimbo, the perfect Christmas album. It would really be outstanding to have the rest of this album when it's done.

~Saint Augustine~
12-23-2009 19:28 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love

Maybe next year, now that we have a decent studio at our fingertips. The "Harm Farm" is on the move!

Merry Roeshambo, everyone ~~ Tongue

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Mike&TreeLady.jpg

12-23-2009 22:00 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

the roe egg nog had a NICE foam going on it this weekend!!

GREAT STUFF!

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

12-28-2009 07:39 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

magic eggnog supreme Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice!

I haven't even had any yet this year, but that's ok with me given my overweight condition. I am certain I will try and get some going on New Years Eve if I can con my brother-in-law into throwing down for a bottle of Myers's Dark ~~ Cool

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
 Myers\'s_Rum_Original_Dark_and_Premium_W
hite_Bottles.jpg

12-28-2009 13:55 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » A Perfect Chrimbo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH