77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Random joy/Don't Say Goodbye » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Random joy/Don't Say Goodbye
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

Random joy/Don't Say Goodbye Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an 80-gig iPod that is full of music. This morning, on the way to work, I couldn't decide what I was in the mood for, so I just hit random for everything.

Five out of the first seven songs were by the 77's. (The other two were Digable Planets and The Band.) What are the chances?

My favorite of the five songs was "Don't Say Goodbye," which I hadn't heard in a long time. That song is a pop gem. Very funky and catchy. I love the bass in that song.
11-10-2009 12:01 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's the way "random" works a lot of times.
Sometimes what looks truly random had been what is random looks planned out.
Weird, eh?
11-28-2009 05:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I swear that more times than not my iPod Touch knows what I want to hear when I hit the shuffle button. Sometimes it's down right creepy.

11-28-2009 08:52 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Woooooooooooooooooooh!
11-28-2009 10:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

"Creepy is as creepy does........."
11-29-2009 19:34 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Random joy/Don't Say Goodbye

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH