77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey it's ok Tits -- I don't like an awful lot of my/our shit either Tongue
08-20-2009 22:53 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Hey it's ok **** -- I don't like an awful lot of my/our **** either Tongue

Tongue

Know lets have you and the fellas put together a rockabilly/psychobilly album next!

08-21-2009 22:11 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

that's what i'm talking about!!

but be careful with the horton heat covers......

08-22-2009 04:26 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

08-22-2009 05:32 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
that's what i'm talking about!!

but be careful with the horton heat covers......

Screw the covers! Write your own stuff! Go listen to some Tiger Army for some inspiratioin!

08-22-2009 10:38 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
vasquez vasquez is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey,

got the record the other day and I listen to it a lot. The DevonLou seems to be a superb studio.. for extra authenticity! Wink

The songs are real gems, simple tunes with good and funny content. The multi voice stuff is amazing. And the southerny feeling Smile I'm whistling Woke Up all the time. The lyrics are so cool. I once heard that the thing that's the very first in your mind in the morning is your god. If your mind is on Jesus, you're truely at peace.

Mike, thanks for uncovering and preserving these songs. It must have been a ton of work, doing this almost all alone. Thanks for looking very closely at those traditions and finding the good things in them. The past is so easily forgotten, but there is so much learn from it. Like heeding the warnings and not making the same mistakes as they did. Or just to know that I'm not the first and only one going through a lot crap.

Put out more of this! Even if it's only online, I'd pay for it fer sure. Smile

vasquez.
08-22-2009 14:43 vasquez is offline Send an Email to vasquez Search for Posts by vasquez Add vasquez to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Hey Mike--

I was wondering if you could give a little history for this record like you did for Holy Ghost Building. Info like who wrote, what version you most drew inspiration from, and covers. A google search has revealed some of this for me (I'm trying to put together a mix CD of the original versions), but I've had trouble finding all of it.

08-22-2009 14:52 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

man...I'm dying here...still patiently waiting for my treasure to show up in my mailbox! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-25-2009 10:16 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
colorblind
Someone New

Still no Roe album in the mail. I'm glad I ordered the Chrimbo album with it...because it seems like not be until Christmas when it gets here. I wish the ordering system here and in Amos land was normal. I order tons of CDs from the states all the time...but this is the only place where it takes forever...

Still excited about my order...but Mike might have a new album out before I get this one!!!! Please giddy up!!!
09-17-2009 19:58 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah we probably will have to switch to a more expensive international shipping. Believe me, we hate it more than anyone.

We are switching some things around though right now and will soon have an announcement about that. Changing how we do the postage and track orders and so on and so forth.
09-17-2009 20:59
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Send me a PM with your name/address and I'll check and see if it went out with our old system or our new system.... we had some really weird stuff happening with our old system.
09-17-2009 22:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
colorblind
Someone New

PM sent...thanks!
09-18-2009 22:56 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
colorblind
Someone New

Finally got it.
Love it...the various vocal performances by Roe are particularly stunning.
Great artwork too...
And that bonus disc is a GREAT companion piece to HGB.
Thanks to all involved for making this stuff happen!
It all looks and sounds amazing.
10-10-2009 11:33 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

My work here is done. Evil

11-29-2009 19:21 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

RE: Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i can agree with that Pleased

~Saint Augustine~
12-06-2009 11:20 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Rocks in your Head

Big Grin

12-06-2009 13:50 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

i can agree with that Pleased

~Saint Augustine~
12-06-2009 19:01 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH