77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lyrics Please ?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lyrics Please ??
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Lyrics Please ?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Would it be possible for the lyrics of Rising Sun and Holy Ghost Building to be published in the discography section? I've only been able to find a handful of the lyrics. And even then, being traditional songs, I can't always translate it into Mike's particular take on it.

It's not a request I make lightly. I'm deaf. Not so deaf that I can't enjoy music. But deaf enough that I cannot understand the words of songs unless I have lyrics. I'm listening to Rising Sun right now. The music sounds good, but it would have more meaning if I knew what Michael was singing.

Also, I still don't know what a lot of the lyrics are for Holy Ghost Building.

So please, please, pretty please publish the lyrics???

Thank you,

Jason

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jason: 07-13-2009 18:56.

07-13-2009 18:55 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If they're not already typed up, and any of you need help let me know and I can type them up.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 07-14-2009 08:52.

07-14-2009 08:51 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
If they're not already typed up, and any of you need help let me know and I can type them up.

As far as I know, neither HGB or the new solo record have been typed up....so Cynthia, if you want to do it, have at it! (and thanks....)

jeffrey k.

07-14-2009 09:59 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah you get it done and we will plug em in the website. We've been busy with Cornerstone and shipping the new ablum.
07-14-2009 10:06
Cynthia
Mezzo

No problem. Give me a couple days to get it done though.

07-14-2009 12:12 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

quote:

PLEASE send these to me for editing before you publish them anywhere. There is no way anyone will be able to get all of them correctly, myself included Wink
07-14-2009 14:36 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by jason

quote:

Thank you very very much! It will be a blessing!
07-15-2009 05:52 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
quote:

PLEASE send these to me for editing before you publish them anywhere.
There is no way anyone will be able to get all of them correctly, myself included Wink

For Lyrics, Send $2.00 and a S.A.S.E. . . . Tongue

07-15-2009 07:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
quote:

PLEASE send these to me for editing before you publish them anywhere.
There is no way anyone will be able to get all of them correctly, myself included Wink

For Lyrics, Send $2.00 and a S.A.S.E. . . . Tongue

Pleased Pleased Pleased

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
07-15-2009 08:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
quote:

PLEASE send these to me for editing before you publish them anywhere. There is no way anyone will be able to get all of them correctly, myself included Wink

Okie Dokie

07-15-2009 11:22 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Just as an FYI I'm still working on these. Didn't forget... Smile

07-23-2009 17:43 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Joey, check your PM's.

Linda
07-23-2009 20:24 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

quote:
Just as an FYI I'm still working on these. Didn't forget... Smile

I appreciate it!!
07-24-2009 05:50 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

bump? not trying to be pushy, but don't want this to fall by the wayside either.

thanks!
08-13-2009 06:48 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Favorite 77s album: 88

got to remember that after she's done with the lyrics Doc Love wants to proof them....that might be awhile seeing that he's on the road.

08-13-2009 09:17 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

only till Monday Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If by 'on the road' you mean out of town for the weekend, then yes.

I will be back Monday evening rip-rarin' to edit up all them silly old lyrics for y'all. Can hardly wait.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
 A_Negro_Magazine_Editors_Office_in_Phila
 delphia_Baker_Following_the_Color_Line_1
908_p.138_OM.jpg

Doctor Love has attached this image:
MF383 - Vocal - Negro Spiritual - The Old Time Religion - Record Label.gif

08-13-2009 16:14 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Thank you, Doc!
08-14-2009 05:16 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

I haven't forgotten. The only thing I forgot was how difficult it is to have two consecutive thoughts or be able to hear anything with four children running around. I am half way done writing out lyrics for the Working on a Building album and the kids start school Monday so I will be able to get it finished and passed on next week - right after I finish mending a dress for one of my daughters that I also promised to do on Monday. Hers comes first, then the album... Big Grin

But I didn't forget - sorry it's taking so long. Smile

08-14-2009 10:58 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

I understand. Family first! I'll keep my mouth shut for a few more weeks.
08-14-2009 11:12 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by jason
I understand. Family first! I'll keep my mouth shut for a few more weeks.

Tongue

08-14-2009 11:19 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lyrics Please ??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH