77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Maybe not.. I'm still counting up and putting together what came in while we were at Cornerstone. So, you may be ok..

I'll know where we stand on the bonus discs a little later today once all of these are put together.

I seriously doubt you want to answer 400+ emails or PMs or the like on whether or not they are receiving the bonus disk or not, but could you give a little hint as to where the cutoff lies?

For example, If you ordered before Sunday, you're probably okay...

Just a thought.

As for me, I can patiently wait. (okay, maybe not patiently...)
07-07-2009 18:10 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-18-2009

I agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I ordered within minutes of seeing the offer on Mike's site. I am sure that 400 did not order in the short amount of time since there was no advance information that Mike was even working on another solo album.

His works have been rather mellow of late. This looks like another mellow one. Looking forward to what he put together.
07-07-2009 18:25 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All of you guys should be safe (for the bonus disc). It did seem to take folks by surprise judging from some of the comments on the orders.
07-07-2009 19:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

rising sun Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
They're selling quick. If we're not out of the bonus disc yet, we will be soon. I think it usually takes a few days for the news to get out to everyone.. at least judging by the comments on the orders. I think thats especially true over a weekend for some reason.. people don't check their email as frequently or something. Holidays probably have a little more lag time.

I knew the album was available on Friday, but I waited till Monday to order it. Why? I don't know. Baby I think I forgot that cornerstone was going on. Still holding on to hope for the bonus disc though.

07-09-2009 10:12 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

yea! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
All of you guys should be safe (for the bonus disc). It did seem to take folks by surprise judging from some of the comments on the orders.

more hope

07-09-2009 10:15 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
DavidG DavidG is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-18-2009
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Big Grin RE: Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just got back in town and looked in the mail box and what do my wondering eyes see but a brown envelope with the latest CD's from Mike and band. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWWOW! This is perhaps one of the best recordings I have ever heard. Unpolished but clean. Musically creative. Mike's voice is perfect for each song. His guitar playing is dramatic and Mike's soul is in every up and down stroke and strum. The rest of the boys prove again that together the 77's are not dice rollers looking for a little luck but perfectors of musical linguistics.
I will sit here broken heartened as Mike passes through Virgina leaving DC to get to South Carolina to play a gig but will also sit here and swim in the sound from a CD that's a hit in my heart.
07-18-2009 13:25 DavidG is offline Send an Email to DavidG Search for Posts by DavidG Add DavidG to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DavidG: cspinc2
Uncle Remus Uncle Remus is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-577.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2005

I'm always late to the party with things like this. Just ordered, so I'm assuming my odds of receiving the bonus CD are slim. Can anyone confirm? Thanks & looking forward to hearing the new record.
07-23-2009 13:27 Uncle Remus is offline Search for Posts by Uncle Remus Add Uncle Remus to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Uncle Remus: yoknapatawpha_lawyer
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Remus
I'm always late to the party with things like this. Just ordered, so I'm assuming my odds of receiving the bonus CD are slim. Can anyone confirm? Thanks & looking forward to hearing the new record.

When the announcement about the bonus CD disappears from the site, the bonus CD is gone....until then, it's still in stock.

jeffrey k.

07-23-2009 13:44 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Uncle Remus Uncle Remus is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-577.jpg

Registration Date: 02-08-2005

Sweet! Thanks.
07-23-2009 13:57 Uncle Remus is offline Search for Posts by Uncle Remus Add Uncle Remus to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Uncle Remus: yoknapatawpha_lawyer
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

I just ordered this yesterday. Looking forward to it!!!
07-30-2009 14:17 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-13-2004

Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dfroystad: 08-17-2009 08:12.

08-15-2009 10:22 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

still eagerly...patiently...waiting...
08-18-2009 22:22 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I listened to it but just don't care for that style of music. That is the only reason I can't get into it. I really came into it with an open mind but just can't get past the style of music. To hick/hillbilly for my punk @$$ I guess.

08-19-2009 07:56 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

you just ain't got no culture nailtat!!

08-19-2009 08:38 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rocks in your Head

I guess if you find blowing in that fancy moonshine jug to make a neat-o whistlin' noise for Pa culture then I will be culture-less the rest of my life.

Tongue

08-19-2009 18:47 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Nails--

I'm curious what you think of Social Distortion/Mike Ness, and specifically his covers of "You Win Again", "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" and "Ring of Fire". I love Social D and Mike's solo records, but there is a country component to his stuff, even if the guitars are turned up.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, is it an arrangement issue? And, did you like "Holy Ghost Building" because some of the tunes were more rockin'?

Just curious here, not being critical at all. I understand that the style of music on WAGFTRS isn't everyone's cup of meat.

08-20-2009 08:45 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Hey what about the gorgeous 'Dry Bones'? That ain't no hillbilly shit.

Or what about the rockin' 'Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down'? That's Mark and me so that's 77s shit.

And you can't go callin' I''m Goin' Home' hillbilly/hick -- that's like spitting on the grave of Charlie Patton and every rocker of the last 80 years that followed in his wake!

If Nails just don't like it, there ain't nothin' gonna change that, but it's not just music for inbreds -- there's a lotta variety on the album, despite the elderliness of the tunes and arrangements. In fact, the youngest tune on there is at least 60 years old, and the oldest could be around 90. I just wanted to expose the deep roots of modern American music and be able to record something quickly and get myself goin' again on some solo work. It did that, at least.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
bluescharlie_patton.jpg

08-20-2009 11:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah, i think larry said it right... nails has no culture! Tongue

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
08-20-2009 11:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Nails--

I'm curious what you think of Social Distortion/Mike Ness, and specifically his covers of "You Win Again", "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" and "Ring of Fire". I love Social D and Mike's solo records, but there is a country component to his stuff, even if the guitars are turned up.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, is it an arrangement issue? And, did you like "Holy Ghost Building" because some of the tunes were more rockin'?

Just curious here, not being critical at all. I understand that the style of music on WAGFTRS isn't everyone's cup of meat.

I love Social D. I enjoy those covers as well. As for Mike Ness and his solo stuff - well some of it I like and some I can pass on cuz it's just a bit too country. I didn't think you were critical at all. I understand what you are saying.

08-20-2009 20:06 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Hey what about the gorgeous 'Dry Bones'? That ain't no hillbilly ****.

Or what about the rockin' 'Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down'? That's Mark and me so that's 77s ****.

And you can't go callin' I''m Goin' Home' hillbilly/hick -- that's like spitting on the grave of Charlie Patton and every rocker of the last 80 years that followed in his wake!

If Nails just don't like it, there ain't nothin' gonna change that, but it's not just music for inbreds -- there's a lotta variety on the album, despite the elderliness of the tunes and arrangements. In fact, the youngest tune on there is at least 60 years old, and the oldest could be around 90. I just wanted to expose the deep roots of modern American music and be able to record something quickly and get myself goin' again on some solo work. It did that, at least.

Sorry Mike. Didn't mean to sound like the album was bad. Just not my cup of tea. I still spin it some and a few of those songs are great but overall just not my bag. I truly do apologize if I came across as if I thought it sucked. That was not my intention I promise.

08-20-2009 20:11 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Roe - We All Gonna Face The Rising Sun - Available Now

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH