77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Michael Roe House Concerts » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Roe House Concerts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the first stop of the tour, Mike played my wife's birthday party last night!

It was great, of course. The opener, Michael Miller, was very good. I wasn't sure if I'd dig it, but I did. He played a few tunes, and then, Mike's set:

I'll Remember You, Love, In My Prayers
Dry Bones
Woke Up This Morning With My Mind
Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down
Jonah and the Wilderness
Paul and Silas in Jail
You Can't Go Halfway
Smokescreen
Roesbud
The Treasure in You
Nowhere Else
Stranger, Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways
What Would You Give in Exchange For Your Soul?
Ba Ba Ba Ba

I got to play (on guitar) for the last three with Mike. Very cool. My wife sang harmony as well on those last three. It was a very informal setting, and a whole lot of fun.

There are also tour shirts (which I hope to get in my size soon) which have the tour itinerary on them, and the new disc is excellent. It's pretty impressive how Mike makes those songs his, even to the point where a handful of them sound like songs he would have written, and many are arranged like the 7's would arrange them.

All in all, an excellent night. Go see this tour!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 07-08-2009 09:18.

07-06-2009 09:37 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hope the concert went well last night. Wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was an awesome concert, just like usual. Can't wait to get the new, fantastic CD(s) though!

07-07-2009 05:31 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
Tickets for Roe Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, people...

If you are even considering going to any of the concerts, please buy your tickets sooner rather than later. One show (tonight's) has already been canceled due to poor ticket sales.

There's no room for last minute decisions here. We're counting on a certain number of tickets being sold in order to make ends meet and put some good old (or new) greenbacks in the good Doctor's pocket.

We need you!

Please go to one of the following websites and buy a ticket or two...or more!

http://lamconcerts.com
http://michaelroe.com
http://77s.com

Thanks for your support!

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
07-07-2009 14:27 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

New Show Added in Chicago TONIGHT! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please join Mike Roe and Michael Miller tonight....

8pm
2623 North Emmett, Chicago, IL

Hope you can make it out!

Linda
--

LAM PRODUCTIONS
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
07-07-2009 15:08 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Hopefully, that show created some new fans. That was quite an 11th-hour turnaround, and a reminder about the importance of staying with the prayer.

07-07-2009 22:36 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List

Tomorrow night is Mike's Delta, OH show. Delta is about 20 minutes from Toledo, OH and an hour from Fort Wayne, IN. So any of you northwest Ohio (or southern Michigan or northeast Indiana) people should certainly come out.

SHOW INFO:
Thursday, 07/09/09, 7:30pm,
Delta Church of Christ,
500 Providence, Delta (Toledo area), OH 43515

You can buy tickets here, of course. Just click on the "live" tab.

For questions or directions, PM me or e-mail the promoter:
jtjoyner AT hotmail DOT com

07-08-2009 07:50 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
For the first stop of the tour, Mike played my wife's birthday party last night!

It was great, of course. The opener, Michael Miller, was very good. I wasn't sure if I'd dig it, but I did. He played a few tunes, and then, Mike's set:

I'll Remember You, Love, In My Prayers
Dry Bones
Woke Up This Morning With My Mind
Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down
Jonah and the Wilderness
Paul and Silas in Jail
You Can't Go Halfway
Smokescreen
Roesbud
The Treasure in You
Nowhere Else
Stranger, Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways
What Would You Give in Exchange For Your Soul?
Ba Ba Ba Ba

I got to play (on guitar) for the last three with Mike. Very cool. My wife sang harmony as well on those last three. It was a very informal setting, and a whole lot of fun.

There are also tour shirts (which I hope to get in my size soon) which have the tour itinerary on them, and the new disc is excellent. It's pretty impressive how Mike makes those songs his, even to the point where a handful of them sound like songs he would have written, and many are arranged like the 7's would arrange them.

Your wife is very lucky. That would be a HUGE end all for me. But I don't sing in front of anyone except my children, and I'd probably be so nervous about singing in front of an audience I'd probably spew my cookies all over the place. That might make for a bad concert ambience and may not be a good thing. Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 07-08-2009 12:19.

07-08-2009 12:14 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I dunno Cyn -- I tend to like hot cookies ~~ Tongue

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
limp cookie.jpg

07-08-2009 12:43 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77

Lloyd...

We hit a deer on the way home....out on 34 between Kewanee and Neponset! Totally bent up the hood, pushed in the headlight, cracked the bumper.... I hit it probably going about 45-50mph. Totally spun the deer and launched it into the field by the road. We were fine though...kept on going. Happened really fast. It was weird... We were in a rental car, and I took the insurance on it, so we were able to walk away from it all unscathed.

But the show was great! Thanks again...

jeffrey k.

07-08-2009 13:10 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List

Jeffrey--

Sorry to hear that. But, it sounds like it ended well anyway.

We loved having you guys come. We had a great time talking to you and your wife. Any time my wife and I can talk about food and music, we're in!

07-08-2009 13:15 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

As long as they're not spewed on you right? Smile

Glad you're both alright Jeff. Hitting a deer can be very scary.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 07-08-2009 14:20.

07-08-2009 14:20 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Deer, Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh deer - goodness Jeffrey, yes, that is scary - glad everyone is ok and that you enjoyed the show.

Oh by the way, looking forward to our East Brunswick NJ show - still have room for folks who have not purchased tickets! Come on out this Sunday (7/12) to see Terry Taylor and friends too!

Jim
07-09-2009 08:36 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
lam77s

quote:

We hit a deer on the way home....out on 34 between Kewanee and Neponset! Totally bent up the hood, pushed in the headlight, cracked the bumper.... I hit it probably going about 45-50mph. Totally spun the deer and launched it into the field by the road. We were fine though...kept on going. Happened really fast. It was weird... We were in a rental car, and I took the insurance on it, so we were able to walk away from it all unscathed.

But the show was great! Thanks again...

jeffrey k.

Yikes! You got off lucky. Lots of times cars are totaled. Glad to hear you came through unscathed.

Linda
07-09-2009 13:35 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words about our safety... It was weird...it happened so fast there really wasn't time to get all uptight about it. God totally protected us though, cause I was really was moving when we hit that thing... Frown

jeffrey k.

07-09-2009 22:08 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

East Brunswick NJ master class/concert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Folks,

We still have more room for both the East Brunswick master class and concert on 7/21 (read: we NEED four more people each to sign up for the master class and the concert in order for BOTH of them to happen). I am confident that we will get there with the concert as we are already 80% of the way there. However, with the master class, we are only 1/3 of the way there. If you know of anyone who would be interested who lives in the NJ/NY/PA area, please help me get the word out by telling them about the master class and the show by directing them to the appropriate aforementioned websites or have them send me an e-mail at njroeshow@verizon.net.

The master class is definitely a can't miss opportunity for music fans. You don't have to play the guitar to attend...and plus, you will get a CD of rare and unreleased material from Mike!! Also, if you're coming for the master class at 5:30 pm and the show at 7:30 pm, we will spring for pizza and beer/soda for the master class attendees! Please help me spread the word - thanks!

Much appreciated!!
07-10-2009 06:17 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List

First video from the tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's Mike at Grace Brethren Church in Delaware, OH doing "Roesbud"

Roesbud

More to come!

07-13-2009 14:03 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
lam77s

Tour Update! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We are over halfway through the tour and it's been a fun time for all. The remainder of the tour schedule is below. Your support is appreciated more than you know!

Please don't forget to sign up for a master class. That's where you will really be able to get down in the nitty gritty.

Tickets are still available for most of the shows. Buy your ticket(s) through PayPal on:

LAMConcerts.com
michaelroe.com
77s.com

The PayPal links work best with Firefox.

Linda
--

LAM PRODUCTIONS
Linda@LAMConcerts.com

--------------------------------------------

Sun - July 19th
Concert @ Roxtreme
1177 Forge Hill Road (State Route 641), Roxbury, PA

Mon - July 20th
Keegan Ales
20 Saint James Street
Kingston, NY
845-331-BREW
+21 show

Tues - July 21st
5:30pm
Master Class
East Brunswick, NJ
More info: jsodell@att.com

Tues - July 21st - ONLY 5 more tickets remaining
7:30pm
House Concert
East Brunswick, NJ
More info: jsodell@att.com

Wed - July 22nd
5:30pm
Master Class
Washington, DC (Germantown area)
More info: 1johncook@gmail.com

Wed - July 22nd
7:30pm
House Concert
Washington, DC (Germantown area)
More info: 1johncook@gmail.com

Thurs - July 23rd
Drive Day

Fri - July 24th
House Concert
Mt Pleasant (Charleston area), SC
More info: FABoyer@aol.com

Sat - July 25th
5:00pm
Master Class @ Journey Church
315 W Solomon St, Griffin (Atlanta area), GA 30224
More info: larryl77@gmail.com

Sat - July 25th
7:00pm
Concert @ Journey Church
315 W Solomon St, Griffin (Atlanta area), GA 30224
More info: larryl77@gmail.com

Sun - July 26th
Drive Day

Mon - July 27th
7:00pm
Crossroads Youth Room
150 Verona Dr
Lafayette, LA 70507
More info: kariegc73@yahoo.com

Tues - July 28th
Drive Day

Wed - July 29th
Sr. Citizens Center (rented facility)
222 Main Street, Little River, KS
More info: tedweis@juno.com

Thurs - July 30th
joining TERRY SCOTT TAYLOR for one night
Harry's Mug
1222 Blue Ridge Ext, Grandview, MO (Kansas City area)
More info: iebay@swbell.net

Fri - July 31st - Sold Out
House Concert
Stillwater (St Paul), MN
07-18-2009 20:03 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

How was the swing through Ontario? Moderately successful? I wasn't available to get out to either of the two closest to me so I'm hoping this still worked well enough that next time it will be worth someone's energy to try it again.

07-18-2009 22:12 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

My son finally got his clearance to be gone from school for a few days, so our KC tickets are ordered.

07-24-2009 09:03 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List

Here's another video from Mike's show in Delaware, OH:

Nowhere Else

07-28-2009 20:35 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Michael Roe House Concerts

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH