77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Vintage CCM question - can anyone help me find this record? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vintage CCM question - can anyone help me find this record?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mypetsounds mypetsounds is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-29-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First, I previously posted on this board as "DoItForLove" - I could not recall the email address used to set-up the account and therefore could not reset my password. So...this is my thread.

Great news, at least for me. I finally found it!!! The song is called, "Jenni, Jenni." The name of the band is "First Degree" and the title of the record is "Youth." A photo can be found below. The best news of all, I found a download of the record and have therefore been able to replace my long, lost cassette!

Thanks to everyone on the board who tried to help me figure this out. A 10 year mystery has been solved!

mypetsounds has attached this image:
firstdegree.jpg

02-26-2009 19:00 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow.

I never would have guessed that.

Mystery solved.

Cool retro-thread.

02-26-2009 20:42 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

If you want your old username back, just let me know, PM me with your new email address.
02-26-2009 21:23
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
Originally posted by mypetsounds
First, I previously posted on this board as "DoItForLove" - I could not recall the email address used to set-up the account and therefore could not reset my password. So...this is my thread.

Great news, at least for me. I finally found it!!! The song is called, "Jenni, Jenni." The name of the band is "First Degree" and the title of the record is "Youth." A photo can be found below. The best news of all, I found a download of the record and have therefore been able to replace my long, lost cassette!

Thanks to everyone on the board who tried to help me figure this out. A 10 year mystery has been solved!

I've got that record somewhere in the vaults of my collection. Haven't been listening to it or even thought about it in ages. In fact I only listened to it a few times when it was young - did obviously not impress me too much. Sorry, but my brain couldn't match it with your description.

Alex

02-26-2009 22:18 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Someone New

Admittedly the songs are not the most memorable - these guys are not the 77's, DA, or The Choir - not even Crumbacher. Smile

However, some decent tunes and Jenni, Jenni has stuck with me for all of these years, likely due to sounding a bit like 8675309.

Glad to hear others out there have heard the record. If you can find it, take a listen to that song and let me know if you hear the resemblance to Tommy Tu-Tone.

Also, to the mod - I prefer the current username anyway, so I will leave it as is.

While we are at it, I have misplaced some of my old tunes - Tonio K, Barnabas, The Daniel Band, Modern Mission, Robin Crow, Rick Cua...and others. Anyone have any of this stuff and could let me have a listen?

Thanks to all!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mypetsounds: 02-27-2009 15:24.

02-27-2009 15:12 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
Someone New

Twenty Twenty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also, since I am at it, does anyone remember the band 20 20? Loved this album, but can't find any of my old cassettes, would love to have it again.
02-27-2009 16:13 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-14-2004

I culd have sworn the song was from Crumbacher's first album, which has a song called "Jenny" about a runaway. There was a video too.
02-27-2009 16:50 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Feykdrulez
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

quote:
Originally posted by MefLiszto
I culd have sworn the song was from Crumbacher's first album, which has a song called "Jenny" about a runaway. There was a video too.

holy crap.

I LOVED that band, that song, and that video. TOTALLY forgot about that band.

*heads over to YouTube*
02-27-2009 18:00 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Someone New

I knew it was not Crumbacher because I am a pretty big Crumbacher fan and have all of their releases. And the title of their song is "Jamie," as opposed to my mystery song, which is Jenni, and it is from their first release, Incandescent, which I have on cassette, vinyl, and mp3. Smile
02-28-2009 06:44 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TJ 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by MefLiszto

holy crap.

I LOVED that band, that song, and that video. TOTALLY forgot about that band.

*heads over to YouTube*

You know the gal from Crumbacher and her sister are the ones that sponsored the Lost Dog's Route 66 tour?

http://www.take2productions.net
02-28-2009 11:20
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Wow that Crumbacher brings back some memories. I listened to them a lot back in the day. Even saw them in concert 2 or 3 times. Whenever I try to listen to my old Christian stuff these days I end up wondering how the hell I liked that crap. I have a hard time "going back" these days.

03-02-2009 05:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Daniel Band had a reunion thing this past weekend in TOronto with Glen and Wendy Kaiser.

03-02-2009 08:44 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i've seen stephen crumbacher under the "people you may know" tool at facebook and didn't add him...
didn't like his music in '84, don't like it now! Tongue
now the daniel band reunion? that i would have liked to have seen... Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
03-02-2009 13:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

That would be cool if they recorded it (legally, of course--no bootlegs). Even if it was unplugged. Cool

03-02-2009 13:36 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Vintage CCM question - can anyone help me find this record?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH