77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Upcoming Releases
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Upcoming Releases Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So....

The good doctor said elsewhere on this board that he would be trying this year to record two solo records and get the 7's in the studio. With that in mind, I'm curious what they might be like, and what you'd like to see, with the proviso that Mike can record anything he wants, and that it will be good. I'm not trying to tell him what to record here, just curious about what you all think, and even trying to get Mike to give a little info as well. Cool

As for me, I'd love to see some of the covers he played at solo shows, especially "Pale Blue Eyes", on one of the discs.

I really enjoyed "Holy Ghost Building" and would love a sequel or some original material in that same vein. I also love EP, and a whole album of that power trio/prog/pop stuff would be excellent.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

02-10-2009 13:33 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would love a good rockin' kickin' album from the Trio! One last "metal" hurrah!!!!! Well okay, not "metal" but I think you know what I mean.....

02-10-2009 13:53 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I would love a good rockin' kickin' album from the Trio! One last "metal" hurrah!!!!! Well okay, not "metal" but I think you know what I mean.....

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree.

02-10-2009 14:19 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

I think the 77s should do a complete cover of Iron Maidens "The Number of the Beast" Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
02-10-2009 16:00 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
I think the 77s should do a complete cover of Iron Maidens "The Number of the Beast" Big Grin

steve harris was reading a lot of the book of revelation when he wrote that...
maybe doc could put a little "twist" on it? Tongue

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
02-10-2009 16:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan

steve harris was reading a lot of the book of revelation when he wrote that...
maybe doc could put a little "twist" on it? Tongue

Well, here's hopin' then!

Come on Doc, you know this would be your best seller ever!

~Saint Augustine~
02-10-2009 17:05 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Rocks in your Head

Oooooooooooo I really like where this is going!!!!!!

02-10-2009 18:13 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i wanna hear the rock-a-billy record i know mike has in him.......

and a CD of classic country.

or whatever mike wants to record.

02-10-2009 21:04 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Well, if it's going to be classic country, you'd have to toss in Shotgun Angel. Every time I hear that song, I think the Dogs would do it justice.
02-10-2009 21:20 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

The Dogs did it! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After the 77s version, a Dogs version is superfluous. The Dogs couldn't have done it any better. It would have been different, but not better. I liked our harmonies, and even Scott Reams sang a prominent part, which was very rare in those days.

Doc Love says check it out ~~

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
Well, if it's going to be classic country, you'd have to toss in Shotgun Angel. Every time I hear that song, I think the Dogs would do it justice.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
murdock.jpg

02-11-2009 03:29 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

You guys did Shotgun Angel? I can't believe I missed it. What is it on?
02-11-2009 06:46 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
You guys did Shotgun Angel? I can't believe I missed it. What is it on?

2 albums... when world's collide and late! Shocked

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
02-11-2009 06:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005

quote:
late

Which, for a hodgepodge collection, holds up surprisingly well as its own album. It helps that it starts out with "EP". Can I just say once more how much "EP" is brilliant, wonderful and kick a**? Yes. Yes, I can.

02-11-2009 07:19 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
late

Which, for a hodgepodge collection, holds up surprisingly well as its own album. It helps that it starts out with "EP". Can I just say once more how much "EP" is brilliant, wonderful and kick a**? Yes. Yes, I can.

I agree on both counts. "EP" is great. I often put "Late" on when I want a mix of the different sounds of the Sevens. Live, Instrumental, Blues, Pop, Rock, Country... It's got it all!

In fact, I'm headed to the player now to put it on!
02-11-2009 07:24 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Ooooooo I would love a 77's meets Social Distortion meet Rancid meets 77's album for sure. A rocka/psychobilly album would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Stay away from the country please! For the love of God PLEASE!

02-11-2009 07:42 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

Doh, The only thing I don't have. Off to Ebay I go.
02-11-2009 07:55 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List

quote:
A rocka/psychobilly album would be AWESOME!!!!!!

This would seem to pull a lot of what they've done together.

02-11-2009 08:27 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
Doh, The only thing I don't have. Off to Ebay I go.

"Late?" I *might* have a copy sitting here actually... I just finished moving our entire storage area from one room to another and I'm almost positive that I saw one in the mix.. if you want it, I'll check when I get home.
02-11-2009 08:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
A rocka/psychobilly album would be AWESOME!!!!!!

This would seem to pull a lot of what they've done together.

I can hear Mark jammin' on the upright base as we speak!

02-11-2009 10:17 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

I say the 7's can pick up where ep or direct let off...

Keep the train a rollin'

Both of those ep's remain in a regular rotation in the soundtrack that is my life...

----------------
as to Mr. Roe (aka the good love doctor) I would as so many have said, love syp part deux...

may '09 be a creative, fruitful and prosperous year for the sevens....

peace,

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
02-11-2009 10:36 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Upcoming Releases

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH