77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » vintage 77s stuff - What you got? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page vintage 77s stuff - What you got?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

vintage 77s stuff - What you got? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's my vintage shirt, purchased at Superfest in 1993. Got to see the dogs and 77s play that year, with the 77s playing to a big crowd on the main stge.

01-25-2009 13:19 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have that shirt in white, signed by the guys. I also had the Island LP black shirt, with the band shot and lineup listing on back. I grew out of that one years ago, though, don't think I have it anymore.
01-25-2009 13:23 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

Thread Starter Thread Started by Rod
Here' another one Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All Fall Down on Record. Too bad I don't havea turntable. Luckily, I bought 1 2 3 on CD when it was released.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rod: 01-25-2009 13:34.

01-25-2009 13:29 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's my story, too. I bought AFD vinyl from a used-record dealer back in Iowa, then donated my turntable to my brother before moving. I picked up 1-2-3 a couple of years ago.

01-25-2009 13:50 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

heh heh ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You guys won't want me jumping in this. My closet is filled with 77s/Dogs/solo/etc. crapola that would make many collectors drool.

Since I'm broke and broker, maybe I should have an eBay sell-off of some of this juicy stuff? ...

Doctor Love has attached this image:
womanthou.jpg

01-25-2009 14:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

Let's see a picture of your closet.
01-25-2009 14:05 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Mike (or anyone else).....simple request (hopefully).

I have the 7&7iS box set. I've ALWAYS wanted "Unsatisfied" from that 7" on mp3 or cd, but have not been able to find and or/buy it anywhere. Is it at all possible to get the 7" live version of that song in mp3 format?

I would sell my soul for it at this point. I love that song that bad.
01-25-2009 18:42 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Hear hear to closet collections!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ping Pong Over the Abyss: 01-25-2009 18:43.

01-25-2009 18:42 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

hmmm .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Didn't that come out on CD somewhere? Probably on' Surely Goodness & Misery' or 'No Sense Of History' ... anyway, send your e-mail addy to mike@77s.com and I will take your soul (or better, a Keith Moon drumstick) in trade for it ~~ Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by TJ 2.0
Mike (or anyone else).....simple request (hopefully).

I have the 7&7iS box set. I've ALWAYS wanted "Unsatisfied" from that 7" on mp3 or cd, but have not been able to find and or/buy it anywhere. Is it at all possible to get the 7" live version of that song in mp3 format?

I would sell my soul for it at this point. I love that song that bad.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
smyliefam.jpg

01-25-2009 22:52 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

emailing.

Thanks so much, Mike. I appreciate it. One soul, on its way.
01-26-2009 05:22 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Well, I can't compete with the Doc, but, I have the first three albums on vinyl and a couple of vinyl singles as well. I also have multiple copies of everything else, including the Sparks version of S&S.

~Saint Augustine~
01-26-2009 05:54 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I've got that same black shirt and Fall Down album... for some reason the shirt has shrunk since I bought it as a 20 year old.

01-26-2009 05:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I've got that same black shirt and Fall Down album... for some reason the shirt has shrunk since I bought it as a 20 year old.

I hear ya dude. My shirts shrunk as well. Ya just can't get good clothes these days!!!!! Tongue

01-26-2009 06:24 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I want to hear that alternate take on "You Walked in the Room" that allegedly appeared on some import version of Sticks and Stones.

As far as vintage stuff, I have Ping Pong Over the Abyss and the Island records self titled on vinyl. That's 2 of 3 records I own on vinyl (the other is Adam Again's In a New World of Time). I have that 4 song cassette version of More Miserable. I also have the Island version of the self titled on cassette, along with Ping Pong and All Fall Down. I have 2 extra large t-shirts (used to have 3 but I lost one of them somehow). Nothing particularly flashy as two of these shirts are from the EP/Radioactove Crows era, while another is an Island records shirt I bought from the store. I also have that Via records box set, the It's For You double disc, Roe at Cornerstone '97, When Numbers Get Serious, but I figure most people here have those. I also have some VHS footage of Roe doing a solo show (in 2001 I believe), and a DVD that has live DA, Steve Taylor, and 77s footage from C-Stone 84 (some of which later appeared in the official 77s DVD release).

01-26-2009 10:45 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005

oh yeah, you reminded me, I have a vhs version of something with 77's and Phil Keaggy together, backstage or something... been a long time since I watched that...

01-26-2009 13:08 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

I have all fall down and the island record on LP.
01-26-2009 13:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

I have no vinyl and don't care to have any either. Red Face

01-26-2009 15:00 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

Wow, that's some loot. Anyone have a 77s lighter? I've heard they exist, but have never seen one.
01-26-2009 15:19 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by Rod
Wow, that's some loot. Anyone have a 77s lighter? I've heard they exist, but have never seen one.

I know phreak has a 77s lighter, I have seen it.

~Saint Augustine~
01-26-2009 16:55 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Rod

Now that is something I would love to get my hands on!!!!!

Please bring back the 77s Zippo!!!!!!!!!!!

01-26-2009 17:06 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » vintage 77s stuff - What you got?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH