77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Top Ten Christian Albums Every Satanist Should Hear » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Top Ten Christian Albums Every Satanist Should Hear
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Top Ten Christian Albums Every Satanist Should Hear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://phileasphogg.net/articles/toptenchristianalbums3.html

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
theYoungU2.jpg

01-14-2009 00:31 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

RE: Top Ten Christian Albums Every Satanist Should Hear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"...the inferior...“For Crying Out Loud”..."

please allow me to just say - for the record - to this fellow...

dude, thou art a donkey

thank you and goodnight

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
01-14-2009 01:22 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Was this dude playing Dungeons & Dragons while writing this? The metaphors were a bit ridiculous and way over the top! Some good stuff though.

The blog or whatever the hell it is kinda took me on a flashback ride of sorts.

01-14-2009 06:30 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the guy knows more about the 77s history than I do.

Of course he could have said that Mike was born of the union of a Fender Strat and a Marshall Amp and I wouldn't know any better. Tongue

Does he have the history correct there? Confused

01-14-2009 08:04 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Except for some highfalutin hyperbole on the writer's part, 'twas a pretty solid list. Steve Taylor, Scaterd Few, DA, Lost Dogs...you can't go wrong. Cool

01-14-2009 15:52 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I read this before.

What's the deal with this Kemper Crabb guy? I've always kind of dodged him. I almost feel like I should be more familiar with him given he is from my original hometown.

01-14-2009 18:17 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Interesting.

Cool

01-14-2009 19:10 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I read this before.

What's the deal with this Kemper Crabb guy? I've always kind of dodged him. I almost feel like I should be more familiar with him given he is from my original hometown.

Well, I'm not really a medieval music fan, but I became a Kemper fan from Arkangel's Warrior album. I've never heard The Vigil but I dug his latest release, Downe In Yon Forrest (a live Christmas performance).

http://www.theconnextion.com/kempercrabb...fm?ArtistID=354

01-14-2009 19:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

The list put me on time- travel- flashback mode. Wink

However, I'm not too much of an Eighties- NewWave- Alternative fan, so I'd have chosen a few other albums. But for those who dig that kind of style, I agree that it's pretty solid.

I have to admit that I think Kemper Crabb's albums are overrated. He might be some kind of weird art genius with an interesting knack for medieval Christianity, but I think his recordings lack performance- and soundwise. They're also highly incohesive and appear unfinished to me. I've listened to Warrior, Radiohalo and Flotsam&Jetsam, and none of them sounded like a proper finished and releasable album to me, though they all have some highlight moments, facets and aspects. I tend to think his almost- legendary reputation comes from the fact that he was more or less the only Christian musician who used medieval instruments and harmonies back in the eighties - alongside with synthies, Simmons drumpads and weird masquerade. Sorry, I just don't get it.

Probably I'll have to give "The Vigil" a final chance - some say it might be his best work. But whenever I see it it's out of the price range I'm willing to pay for a CD by an artist of whom I dislike every other album - just for a "chance".

Alex

01-15-2009 07:02 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I read this before.

Me too.
I thought it was pretty cool.
01-20-2009 18:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

http://phileasphogg.net/articles/toptenchristianalbums4.html
01-20-2009 18:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

The Vigil is Kemper's best album easily. We used several of the songs in our wedding. Our "lentil version" of The Danse was the best I have heard yet. I fell asleep to the Vigal last Saturday night.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
01-29-2009 21:09 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I read this before.

Me too.
I thought it was pretty cool.

Yup, you are correct sir!
01-29-2009 21:44
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We really need a "Top 10 Secular Records that every Christian should hear" thread to offset this.

01-29-2009 22:29 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Jack Spoiler Jack Spoiler is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-13-2009
Favorite 77s album: Fun With Sound

I randomly met the writer of this piece at a Lost Dogs show in at (I think) Club Dada in Dallas in 2002.

It was a terrific day: the dogs played an acoustic set at a church in the afternoon and an electric set that night at Dada.
02-13-2009 06:03 Jack Spoiler is offline Send an Email to Jack Spoiler Search for Posts by Jack Spoiler Add Jack Spoiler to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

quote:
Originally posted by .evangeline.
The Vigil is Kemper's best album easily. We used several of the songs in our wedding. Our "lentil version" of The Danse was the best I have heard yet. I fell asleep to the Vigal last Saturday night.

what eva-bax said... he is correct - the Vigil is his finest work - more than a couple must hear tunes.

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
02-13-2009 06:57 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Top Ten Christian Albums Every Satanist Should Hear

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH