77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lovely Man » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lovely Man 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

Lovely Man Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do the Sevens/Mike ever sing Lost Dogs songs in concert?

I would love to hear "Lovely Man" live. It's probably my favorite Lost Dogs song. I love the vocals and the guitar solo and the lyrics and the melody. It's a great song.
11-19-2008 12:26 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

RE: Lovely Man Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad

I would love to hear "Lovely Man" live. It's probably my favorite Lost Dogs song. I love the vocals and the guitar solo and the lyrics and the melody. It's a great song.

I believe that song was done at the Mike & Mark concert in Springfield, MO when they did their duo tour a few years ago. I think a recording was circulated too, but I need some other board members to help me out on that info. Mike introduced it saying its a song "mired in controversy".

11-19-2008 12:43 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

RE: Lovely Man Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by me-is-e
quote:

I believe that song was done at the Mike & Mark concert in Springfield, MO when they did their duo tour a few years ago. I think a recording was circulated too, but I need some other board members to help me out on that info. Mike introduced it saying its a song "mired in controversy".

yup, I was there.

11-19-2008 13:08 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I think a recording was circulated too,

Yes. Yes it was. Cool

11-19-2008 16:05 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Thread Starter Thread Started by Carl Salad

quote:
I believe that song was done at the Mike & Mark concert in Springfield, MO when they did their duo tour a few years ago. I think a recording was circulated too

I just found it using soulseek. Thanks for the tip.
11-19-2008 16:06 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What is the controversy about "Lovely Man"?

Is that why the song is untitled on the iTunes store?
11-19-2008 22:46 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

It was a "hidden track"

"hot dam" - too controversial...

~fph

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freak: 11-20-2008 05:27.

11-20-2008 05:27 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

right by damn! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know how I came up with the phrase 'right by damn', but I did and it fit and I would not agree to change it. Tooth & Nail refused to put it out that way so not only did they edit it out, they fucked up the running order of the album only to feature two songs back to back that sounded alike! I get very angry every time I think about this .... one day we will restore this album to its former glory if we get Brandon's claws off it.

The original version of "Lovely Man" is available on a Paste Sampler CD from that period -- not sure which ish ~~
11-20-2008 08:17 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Anyone have a copy of this?

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/va...aste_sampler_1/

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Carl Salad: 11-20-2008 09:02.

11-20-2008 08:42 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
ciniree
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-518.jpg

Registration Date: 08-03-2008
Favorite 77s album: HGB

RE: right by damn! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I don't know how I came up with the phrase 'right by ****', but I did and it fit and I would not agree to change it. Tooth & Nail refused to put it out that way so not only did they edit it out, they ****ed up the running order of the album only to feature two songs back to back that sounded alike! I get very angry every time I think about this .... one day we will restore this album to its former glory if we get Brandon's claws off it.

The original version of "Lovely Man" is available on a Paste Sampler CD from that period -- not sure which ish ~~

I didn't know all that - that's interesting. But we have noticed about the two songs that sound so much alike. My kids love the Three Legged Dog song and they've commented about it before.

Me-is-e - where'd you get your avatar from? That's pretty cool.
11-20-2008 09:03 ciniree is offline Send an Email to ciniree Search for Posts by ciniree Add ciniree to your Buddy List
me-is-e

RE: right by damn! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ciniree
quote:
I don't know how I came up with the phrase 'right by ****', but I did and it fit and I would not agree to change it. Tooth & Nail refused to put it out that way so not only did they edit it out, they ****ed up the running order of the album only to feature two songs back to back that sounded alike! I get very angry every time I think about this .... one day we will restore this album to its former glory if we get Brandon's claws off it.

I didn't know all that - that's interesting. But we have noticed about the two songs that sound so much alike. My kids love the Three Legged Dog song and they've commented about it before.

Me-is-e - where'd you get your avatar from? That's pretty cool.

Thanks. Just found it under the avatar section under the User CP you can click on above. I don't know if this is a true photo of something 'manufactured', but I honestly remember seeing a roadsign much like this in the early 90's outside of Kansas City, MO. It was definately 'Exit 77' for 'Roe Ave.' To this day I wish I had pulled over to take a picture! Tongue

11-20-2008 09:30 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
quote:

And a great show it was!!! I had the pleasure of hosting Mike & Mark for that one, and had dinner with them afterwards. Jr88 and Marti went too. I can't remember if Rob 3.0 went with us or not.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-20-2008 09:35 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
quote:

And a great show it was!!! I had the pleasure of hosting Mike & Mark for that one, and had dinner with them afterwards. Jr88 and Marti went too. I can't remember if Rob 3.0 went with us or not.

yes rob was there, that was the first time I had dinner with Mike, I had the pleasure breaking bread a second time in Chicago along with Terry, Derri and Steve. Cool

11-20-2008 09:41 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes rob was there, that was the first time I had dinner with Mike, I had the pleasure breaking bread a second time in Chicago along with Terry, Derri and Steve. Cool

Yes, and Mark was kind enough to offer to let me try a pot sticker. I had never eaten one of those before. LOL.

I still need to get in touch with jeffrey k, order my copy of HGB, and have him send my loaned Dunlop slide back to me, from the last time I had Mike come to town. I totally missed when the Dogs blasted thru Springtown.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
11-20-2008 09:45 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, and Mark was kind enough to offer to let me try a pot sticker. I had never eaten one of those before. LOL.

I still need to get in touch with jeffrey k, order my copy of HGB, and have him send my loaned Dunlop slide back to me, from the last time I had Mike come to town. I totally missed when the Dogs blasted thru Springtown.

Yeah, I spent most the time chatting with Mark, he was the one that gave me some Ebow tips and actually the one who inspired me to buy one. Cool

11-20-2008 09:48 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
me-is-e

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Man, I might start some jealousy issues now. Big Grin There's a marketing idea for you though-Andy Kaufman had "Breakfast with Blassie", now there could be the DVD releases 'Meals with Mike", "Dinner with Derri" and "Treats with Terry" (OK, I'm streaching it on the last title there)!

11-20-2008 09:52 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

quote:

Wow....I was wondering why that song ended up a hidden track. It's my favorite from that disc.

11-20-2008 20:13 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

i vorted.

~Saint Augustine~
11-20-2008 20:19 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:

Yes. And I stuck that version of Lovely Man right where it's supposed to be. Pleased

Linda
11-21-2008 10:03 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:

Yes. And I stuck that version of Lovely Man right where it's supposed to be. Pleased

Linda

on the lost dogs myspace page? Shocked
that would be a great idea for those who haven't heard it....
it's the only version on my ipod... Cool

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
11-21-2008 10:17 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Lovely Man

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH