77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Happy Chrimbo and All Day Sing question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy Chrimbo and All Day Sing question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Happy Chrimbo and All Day Sing question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are the new issues of Merry Chrimbo and All Day Sing CD-R or silver? Does the jewel case come with a backside sleeve (does it have spine and backside artwork)?

Thanks.
07-18-2008 06:01 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-13-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm wondering about that as well, cd-r in slimline case or factory pressed cd in regular jewel case ?
07-19-2008 01:39 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Nekkid Prey Nekkid Prey is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-06-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They're full-on artwork CDs ... but I haven't opened them up yet to see how extensive the inserts are. I bought 'em (1) to support the guys, and (2) they're in a much safer "environment" than those flimsy cardboard holders.

07-21-2008 01:08 Nekkid Prey is offline Send an Email to Nekkid Prey Homepage of Nekkid Prey Search for Posts by Nekkid Prey Add Nekkid Prey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nekkid Prey: Nekkid Prey YIM Account Name of Nekkid Prey: mike_beidler
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Mr. Whiz Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They are regular silver CDs with a backside sleeve, spine and artwork in a factory-pressed regular jewelcase, shrink-wrapped and all! Just a single insert sleeve with no folds or booklet tho. Just the music with the basic art, since there was so little to begin with on those anyway.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
KindaFondaWanda.jpg

07-21-2008 10:30 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by jason

Thank you very much for the info!
07-22-2008 05:51 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

My dad saw Wanda a couple of years ago. He said that she looks quite different (fifty years in rock and roll will do that to you), but that she still rocks.

As for me, I couldn't stand her version of the Elvis tune, "Party", but, I'm a die hard Elvis fan. Her story is interesting, though, and certainly had a hand in the early days of rock.

07-22-2008 14:37 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I'm gonna try and find some old Rockabilly music next time I'm at Half Price Books. Got me hooked.

07-22-2008 14:50 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
w42loren w42loren is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-22-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Cynthia, You need to find a copy of Wild Blue Yonder somewhere. ROCKABILLY!!!
07-22-2008 17:09 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I'll look into that. Thanks!! Happy

07-23-2008 06:12 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Someone New

Wild Blue Yonder came out back in 86 or 87 I believe. It's very hard to find. The Screaming Rays in the exact same band and may be a little easier to find. Crystal Lewis is the lead singer.
07-23-2008 17:54 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Wild Blue Yawn, Duh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have that album in my closet somewhere if anyone really wants it.

Make Doctor an offer he can't refuse.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
WildBlueYonder.jpg

07-24-2008 02:09 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 06-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Crystal Lewis!? I've got some Susan Ashton if you want it! Tongue

07-24-2008 07:54 Chesterdox is offline Send an Email to Chesterdox Homepage of Chesterdox Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Chesterdox: none YIM Account Name of Chesterdox: none View the MSN Profile for Chesterdox
Someone New

RE: Wild Blue Yawn, Duh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Doc. Where these guys any good when they were the Lifters. I came onto the music scene just after they were lost in obscurity. Maybe they never made it out of obscurity. Never heard 'em. Always wondered.
07-24-2008 16:30 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Pharmjimmy Pharmjimmy is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-486.gif

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Favorite 77s album: 88

RE: Wild Blue Yawn, Duh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by w42loren
Hey Doc. Where these guys any good when they were the Lifters. I came onto the music scene just after they were lost in obscurity. Maybe they never made it out of obscurity. Never heard 'em. Always wondered.

I was first introduced to the Lifters back in 1985. I absolutely loved them, although I never owned a cassette. I only heard a few songs off of Wild Blue YAWNder. They lost their edge...just couln't get into it.

to•ma•to ef•fect\n, 1: a term coined in medicine meaning the rejection of effective medical treatments because they conflict with currently accepted medical theories; 2: the tomato was not eaten in the U.S. until 1820... thought to be poisonous.
07-26-2008 11:47 Pharmjimmy is offline Send an Email to Pharmjimmy Homepage of Pharmjimmy Search for Posts by Pharmjimmy Add Pharmjimmy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Happy Chrimbo and All Day Sing question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH