77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Rock Island, IL show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rock Island, IL show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Rock Island, IL show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rock Island, IL tonight!!!!!

Anyone here going? Do we have any 7's fans from the Quad City area on the board? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

You Ames, IA road trip folks should have just drove the extra miles eastward for the show tonight. You don't really need to keep your jobs, right? Big Grin

06-25-2008 07:29 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We should have! That's what sick hours are for! Pleased
06-25-2008 15:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Attention Quad City . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
You Ames, IA road trip folks should have just drove the extra miles eastward . . .

well, I would have Red Face but,
I had no Idea where Rock Island, IL was Shocked if only I would have known this was the "Quad Cities" . . .
06-27-2008 13:31 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Rock Island Line, she's a mighty good road!
06-27-2008 14:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77

Well, it was great.

The set list was the same as elsewhere, except that there was no encore break; they went right into it. There were about 50-60 people, and it was at a comedy club, but a decent place to have a show. If I find time next week, I'll post pictures/video.

A couple of highlights:
Mike broke his "e" string before the first song, which prompted Bruce to banter with the crowd for several minutes.

On the first song ("Self Made Trap"), Bruce's hi-hat stand started to lean, and then the top cymbal fell off. He didn't miss a beat.

I brought eight people, all of whom had not seen the 7's before. Only one bought a CD, but they all seemed to dig it.

Now, on to C-Stone, to see them twice more, and also Mike solo and with the Dogs! I'll need more room for my signature!

06-30-2008 21:33 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
There was no encore break; they went right into it.

Same deal in Ames.
It was nice to do the show that way.
I preferred it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-01-2008 02:18.

07-01-2008 02:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Now, on to C-Stone, to see them twice more, and also Mike solo and with the Dogs! !

see ya there Smile
07-01-2008 17:15 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Pharmjimmy Pharmjimmy is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-486.gif

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If anyone came to the Rock Island Show (Quad Cities) or wanted to. Contact me about the possibility of seeing the Dogs on September 13th. Its a private party, but I'm sure we can extend the welcome to a few more.

to•ma•to ef•fect\n, 1: a term coined in medicine meaning the rejection of effective medical treatments because they conflict with currently accepted medical theories; 2: the tomato was not eaten in the U.S. until 1820... thought to be poisonous.
08-04-2008 17:50 Pharmjimmy is offline Send an Email to Pharmjimmy Homepage of Pharmjimmy Search for Posts by Pharmjimmy Add Pharmjimmy to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

I gave my brother my extra Tom Tom Blues...he lives in a town next to RI. He should take his daughter and wife to the show...they'd love it. Cool

Never mind...I now see what date the concert fell on. D'oh!!!!!! Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ping Pong Over the Abyss: 08-05-2008 15:55.

08-05-2008 15:53 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Rock Island, IL show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH