77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Litchfield Illinois Show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Litchfield Illinois Show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
davbmn
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-22-2008
Favorite 77s album: 77's

Cool Litchfield Illinois Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike and the Gang were great. They all went to DQ afterwards. They put on a very good show with some of the new and some of the good 'ol stuff. Bah, Bah, Bah brought back some great memories (for us old guys) as well as The Lust , The Flesh, The Eyes... It was neat to get to talk after the show and share some memories of what their music meant to us. It was a bummer that alot of my friends didn't know about the show because they would have loved to have been there, but the small crowd was a good for the ones that were there to get to tell Mike and the guys how groovy they are and that they're lookin' grand. lol. Musically they sounded great, still refining some licks but avg. listener wouldn't notice.
06-22-2008 20:42 davbmn is offline Send an Email to davbmn Search for Posts by davbmn Add davbmn to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

davbmn,

Welcome to 77s Message Board

DaLe
06-27-2008 13:43 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: Blue skies. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could go for some dairy queen.
06-27-2008 14:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
w42loren w42loren is a male
Someone New

Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

RE: Blue skies. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was there in the front seat with my son! It was great to introduce Cody to my favorite band in the world. I was was the one who felt like a kid that night though. When we pulled up to the parking lot there were like 5 cars and I had a feeling we were going to get a private concert - and we did. They played all my requests!!! I think they were a little embarassed when they came out because they just wondered around the sanctuary and shook everyones hands. It was so cool. They mentioned going to DQ after the concert so we left right after they were done and waited. I don't know if they were really late getting there (they were closed) or if they went to the "Ice Cream Man" but we missed em'! That would have been a dream to have a scoop with Mike. It's been several weeks now since the concert but I still play the 77's in my warehouse every day. My guys dig the new CD. When it's early in the morning before everybody get's in, I crank it up and here Mark bouncing off the concrete walls. My tires love it!

Guys thanks for the memories. I remember seeing you guys several times back in the 90's in San Antonio, Austin and St. Louis. You havn't missed a beat.
07-18-2008 18:12 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
Someone New

Incense Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Although you have lost the incense. Always added a nice touch I thought.
07-23-2008 18:03 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
vividblu
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-23-2006
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

RE: Incense Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah,the incense. That is one of the things that stood out to me the first time i saw the 77s back in 94.That was a mystical,magical night and i think the incense just added to it. I had only heard 88 i think at that point and had never saw them live.The lights dimmed,roadies were lighting incense then out went the lights..............out came the band. They started with Mezzo and continued to rock my socks off for almost 2 hours. Here i am 15 years later still hooked driving 7 hours to Litchfield to see them live. :-)
07-26-2008 10:43 vividblu is offline Send an Email to vividblu Search for Posts by vividblu Add vividblu to your Buddy List
Someone New

RE: Incense Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dude,
You were the one who came by Dairy Queen and told us they were going to the other place right? I remember seeing 77's back in '92 or '93 in Austin with The Throes and Curious Fools. I always kinda liked the Throes, but after seeing them live I couldn't quite ever get myself to listen to their music again. They were playing in a little club the concert didn't even start till like 8 or 9 o'clock. After the first two bands played it was 11 o'clock and then the 77's took the stage. They played for at least 2 or 2 1/2 hours. The most intense concert I have ever been to in my life! Then we had a an 1 1/2 hour drive back to San Antonio and I had to get up at 4:30 to drive a school bus. Do the math - it was not pretty but oh so worth it!!!
07-26-2008 16:06 w42loren is offline Search for Posts by w42loren Add w42loren to your Buddy List
vividblu
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-23-2006
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Nope,that wasnt me . I headed right out of town pretty much right after the show.
07-29-2008 00:42 vividblu is offline Send an Email to vividblu Search for Posts by vividblu Add vividblu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Litchfield Illinois Show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH