77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Aurora, IL June 26th » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Aurora, IL June 26th
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Thumb Up! Aurora, IL June 26th Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

world's greatest show!! Cool Cool Cool

man that set was TIGHT!!! At risk of being stoned I have to say The 77's are a much better and tighter unit than are The Lost Dogs. I don't have the set list but I'm sure it's basically the same across the tour. I don't have any pictures because Squid's camera went dead and I gave him my batteries.....he has a much better camera than I do. Hopefully we'll have three or four pics up soon.

I haven't had a chance to listen to my signed copy of HGB yet......late nite...

anyhow....hope the rest of the tour stops have as much fun as we did!

06-27-2008 06:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Great beyond words Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hearing the 77's on any album is great, but it doesn't compare to seeing them live. The music and band portray such energy and excitement. It was great. They're all such excellent musicians, how could you go wrong? The concert was awesome and at times funny too. So glad I got to go. The band members were all so sweet and friendly. I unfortunately didn't get to meet Dave though, the person who wrote the lyrics to two of the most romantic songs ever written - Do It For Love and Nowhere Else. It was a pleasure to see Mike, Jeffrey and his wife and Alex again and to meet Mark, Bruce and Squidzit. Mike, thanks for humoring my CD signature request. It really meant a lot to me, and I'll treasure it always.

06-27-2008 06:45 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: Aurora, IL June 26th Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
The 77's are a much better and tighter unit than are The Lost Dogs.

I think for the most part that is true, a few exceptions like Eleanor, It's Raining Now - Bullet Train - Honeysuckle Breeze.

I also think it is SaFe to say HeRe that after the last five years of seeing Michael Roe on the Mike & Terry BBQ tour, many Lost Dog shows
a few solo & Roe vs Pritzl tours... to see him tight with HiS band ~ all 77's was & is a treat Happy

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
Hearing the 77's on any album is great, but it doesn't compare to seeing them live. The music and band portray such energy and excitement.
It was great. They're all such excellent musicians, ... The concert was awesome ... The band members were all so sweet and friendly. .

well said. Cool
06-27-2008 08:25 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great show, the band is very tight. Mark is a great bass player! Enjoyed meeting Cynthia. I had my "human" suit on last night, so she was disappointed in not seeing me in all of my squidly glory.

Here are some pics...

the gear...

06-27-2008 08:39 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Great show, the band is very tight. Mark is a great bass player! Enjoyed meeting Cynthia. I had my "human" suit on last night, so she was disappointed in not seeing me in all of my squidly glory.

Here are some pics...

Wow, those pictures are so clear and bright for such a dark room. Nice camera!

Oh yeah, and that human suit thing - boy I really caught on to that quick didn't I? I am really on the ball!! Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 06-27-2008 10:52.

06-27-2008 09:47 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

Nice camera indeed! Mad

"Great photographer" you mean. Pleased

Big Grin Tongue

06-27-2008 11:47 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Thanks for the great pictures, Squidly!
I hope that is not the closest that I will get to the boys this summer.
06-27-2008 12:56 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Nice camera indeed! Mad

"Great photographer" you mean. Pleased

Big Grin Tongue

Oops, yeah that's what I meant alright.!

06-27-2008 13:14 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Great beyond words Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will pay Dave that awesome compliment, but it's not true. Mark Tootle wrote the lyrics (and music) to Do It For Love and Nowhere Else. I think Steve Griffith helped a little on the chorus to Do It For Love, but those are Tootle's tunes, as are This Is The Way Love Is, What Was In That Letter and so many others.

I miss Tootle. He was amazingly talented. Check out his new album "LISTEN". Bruce plays drums and I play guitars. I believe it's for sale right here on www.77s.com ..... we recorded it at the legendary old Exit Records studios so the old vibes are there a'plenty!

quote:
Hearing the 77's on any album is great, but it doesn't compare to seeing them live. The music and band portray such energy and excitement. It was great. They're all such excellent musicians, how could you go wrong? The concert was awesome and at times funny too. So glad I got to go. The band members were all so sweet and friendly. I unfortunately didn't get to meet Dave though, the person who wrote the lyrics to two of the most romantic songs ever written - Do It For Love and Nowhere Else. It was a pleasure to see Mike, Jeffrey and his wife and Alex again and to meet Mark, Bruce and Squidzit. Mike, thanks for humoring my CD signature request. It really meant a lot to me, and I'll treasure it always.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Back\'Orach.jpg

06-27-2008 13:17 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Cynthia
Mezzo

RE: Great beyond words Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I guess it's good I didn't get a chance to talk to him then, 'cuz that's what I had planned on saying to him. It seemed to have saved me a bit of embarrassment. Don't feel that you need to mention my thoughts to him - unless you all want a good laugh.

I'll check out that album.

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I will pay Dave that awesome compliment, but it's not true. Mark Tootle wrote the lyrics (and music) to Do It For Love and Nowhere Else. I think Steve Griffith helped a little on the chorus to Do It For Love, but those are Tootle's tunes, as are This Is The Way Love Is, What Was In That Letter and so many others.

I miss Tootle. He was amazingly talented. Check out his new album "LISTEN". Bruce plays drums and I play guitars. I believe it's for sale right here on www.77s.com ..... we recorded it at the legendary old Exit Records studios so the old vibes are there a'plenty!

quote:
Smile Smile

06-27-2008 13:32 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: They'll stone ya when you are young and able. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
world's greatest show!! Cool Cool Cool

man that set was TIGHT!!! At risk of being stoned I have to say The 77's are a much better and tighter unit than are The Lost Dogs.!

They are a very tight unit. Harmon and Spencer truly can read each others minds.
You can tell.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-27-2008 14:11.

06-27-2008 14:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

It really was a good concert. The only bad thing about going is I'm always so sad when it's over. Frown

06-27-2008 14:16 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
Thanks for the great pictures, Squidly!
I hope that is not the closest that I will get to the boys this summer.

I hope not! Because as cute as the guys are, they sound even better! Cool

06-27-2008 16:11 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Um, they didn't by any chance play Nowhere Else" did they?

Avery special song for my wife and I.

Consider it a Cornerstone request Dr.

Michaelseeingtheboysinjustafewdays

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
06-30-2008 06:06 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Aurora, IL June 26th

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH