77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » The 77's on tour! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77's on tour! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, just curious...

Is the set list for the tour going to be heavy on HGB? I know the Mike solo shows were, and it was cool. It would be cool to hear the entire album (or most of it) live. Either way, it will be great!

06-10-2008 20:49 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

^ that would follow a 77's trend... I would not be surprised to hear the new album in it's entirety as the majority of the show...

but I have no idea - that has tended to be the 7's modus operandi everytime I have seen 'em - from DWLIS to EP to Radioactive to Direct...

anyway...

one can hope.

06-11-2008 08:24 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

uh huh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is likely to happen, yes. And the 'oldies' will be hand-picked to feel like the new album ~~
06-12-2008 00:43 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Coming out of the closet in the Midwest Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm finding quite a few undercover 77s fans out here as I try to help with advertising for the Ames show. I just got an e-mail for Ron Drury on his plan for this Sunday's round of advertising on his KIBZ show that contained his wish for a Nebraska show. We're going to have to either get a well-heeled fan motivated to book a show or build a coalition if we want to pull that off. I'm going to mention to him as information to pass on that the website and message board are available as a means of sharing information.

I also got KGBI in Omaha to put it on their community calendar. The promotions director is a fan that was personally excited to hear about a 77s show in the area, even though he couldn't put it on their concert schedule as one of "their" bands. If some others of us in their orbit would like to contact them to thank Jeremiah Kuhns for relaying the information, their number is (402) 334-9518. I'm sure The Bridge has listeners well into Iowa, and reaches a different group than anything on The Blaze as a hard music station would.

06-12-2008 17:41 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: uh huh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
That is likely to happen, yes. And the 'oldies' will be hand-picked to feel like the new album ~~

A great cover that may fit in with the new stuff might be Led Zep's "Hot Dog!" Cool

Boogie Woogie rules! Cool
06-14-2008 02:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: uh huh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

A great cover that may fit in with the new stuff might be Led Zep's "Hot Dog!" Cool

Boogie Woogie rules! Cool

Led Zeppelin- Hot Dog
06-14-2008 15:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

I can't wait for this concert, not only for the concert of course, but just for the mere fact that I can get my own copy of the CD. Cool

06-16-2008 10:57 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

We've had between one and four people going all week, so it will be interesting to see who actually gets in the car on Tuesday.

06-18-2008 22:56 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

See y'all at 3 Bears tomorrow night!!!

I'm trying to cook up some people to go with me, but I live in this world of people who a) don't know who the 77s are despite my constant proselytizing, b) have small children and/or are somewhat hen-pecked at getting out of the house for more than a 1/2 hour or so, and c) don't value music as much as I do (losers). I've already bought two tickets and I'm trying to load up a car, but we'll see...

06-19-2008 20:45 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

call before you bring too many.... i had word from anne-marie that it looks like it's going to sell out.

06-20-2008 03:10 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
gator77da gator77da is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-252.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks 'n' Stones

Cool Cool Cool

06-20-2008 05:10 gator77da is offline Send an Email to gator77da Search for Posts by gator77da Add gator77da to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

Cool Good idea... However, I'm having a hard time even getting rid of the one other ticket. Some people are just uninformed... Roll Eyes

06-20-2008 06:06 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

So...where's everybody at?

Oh yeah....

They're in Atlanta for the Holy Ghost Building PREMIERE!!!

06-20-2008 18:19 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

Cool great show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Phenomenal show tonight... The guys were in very good form with just a few early-tour-hiccups... Here's the set list:

Self-made Trap
Dave's Blues
I'll Remember You, Love, In My Prayers
Trimmed & Burnin'/Riders on the Storm
I'm Working on a Building/Perfect Blues
Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways
You're Gonna Be Sorry
I'm Gonna Run to the City of Refuge
The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes and the Pride of Life

Encore:
Someone New
Ba Ba Ba Ba
He's a Mighty Good Leader

All was well tonight with Larryl managing the merch table and Gator and I flanking the dancefloor.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

06-20-2008 21:53 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Yay!!!!!! One more week till Canal Street Tavern!!!!!

06-21-2008 03:21 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

RE: great show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by snowblind
Phenomenal show tonight... The guys were in very good form with just a few early-tour-hiccups... Here's the set list:

Self-made Trap
Dave's Blues
I'll Remember You, Love, In My Prayers
Trimmed & Burnin'/Riders on the Storm
I'm Working on a Building/Perfect Blues
Stranger Won't You Change Your Sinful Ways
You're Gonna Be Sorry
I'm Gonna Run to the City of Refuge
The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes and the Pride of Life

Encore:
Someone New
Ba Ba Ba Ba
He's a Mighty Good Leader

All was well tonight with Larryl managing the merch table and Gator and I flanking the dancefloor.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

good job on the set list... that's even more detailed than the ones mike had, one of which is laying in front of me Big Grin

and you forgot.... herringostarr was keeping the balcony riff-raff under control....

the show rocked, and some of the younger folk at the back of the room were really enjoying it, and buying merch...

06-21-2008 06:22 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Unbalanced

I thought about Herringostarr last night after I shut the computer down. I was too tired! Red Face

06-21-2008 08:09 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

someone had some nice recording equipment there, so there should be a good boot of the show somewhere.

06-21-2008 10:12 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

DiD SoMeoNe SaY BooT Smile
06-21-2008 13:56 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Frown just can't afford to make it........besides, even if I could, wife starting to feel sick and having some pregnancy related things (nothing extreme) but I wouldn't feel right going out and leaving her at home.

Glad everyone had fun at the Atlanta show, everyone else have fun!! Especially you IL, IN and WI folks!! Cool

06-21-2008 16:46 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » The 77's on tour!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH