77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'll let brian heydn worry about the cover. no need for me to help.

04-26-2008 10:03 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
i'll let brian heydn worry about the cover. no need for me to help.

i can agree with that Pleased

~Saint Augustine~
04-26-2008 19:22 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

no worries here...just having fun Pleased Pleased

04-26-2008 20:54 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
another one.....I'm bored today

I don't know that the font fits with it, but that is one great picture.

04-27-2008 22:48 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77

The script should be actual handwriting, like someone wrote on the photo, and this font was as close as I could get.

ALL of those cover pictures are GREAT!!!, but I like this one the best. It reminds me of the period and area that alot of the original songs come from. I would (personally) change the colors though by getting rid of the green tint that's with the orange - maybe more of a gray/yellow/orange aged look instead. But I really like the hand written title idea. I really have a lot of opinions don't I? Big Grin Take them all with a grain of salt, they're just my personal opinions...

04-28-2008 08:16 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
Originally posted by JR88
another one.....I'm bored today

I don't know that the font fits with it, but that is one great picture.

I liked this one the best....marti is probably right, the font could be tweaked.....but I like the picture because it's got so many levels to it....

the tattered and torn inside of the church represents us inside and the struggles we face.
the man staring out of the building represents our perspective when we view what is outside of us.
of course the cross represents Jesus and the Holy Spirit living inside us.

It's a much deeper picture than just a church.....I thought it represented the proposed title very well.

But hey it's all just fun, in the end like larry said, Brian Heydn or someone far more talented than I will worry about it. Cool

04-28-2008 08:27 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I think the cover should have pictures of me and my tattoos! Red Face

04-28-2008 10:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

^ nails nailed it...

that is the true building being talked about...

Peace.

04-28-2008 10:52 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

Red Face I wouldn't put Nails on the cover of anything........

Tongue

04-28-2008 11:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by drowning
^ nails nailed it...

that is the true building being talked about...

Peace.

I could have sworn that's kinda what I said......but yeah the true building is us His bride.......

but I still wouldn't put Nails on the cover..........

Tongue

04-28-2008 11:06 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

well I can't go that far...

but he did nail it - the "holy spirit building" would be a human being... and a building would continue to promote the fallacy that God inhabits buildings made by hands...

God dwells in His creation - humans are His temple.

anyhoo...

just thought it was cool that Nails nailed it, so to speak...

a tattooed man might be a very cool cover for the new sevens disc.

04-28-2008 11:06 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:

but he did nail it - the "holy spirit building" would be a human being... and a building would continue to promote the fallacy that God inhabits buildings made by hands...

anyhoo...

any tattooed man but Nails, is all I'm saying..... Tongue Tongue Tongue

Wink Wink Wink kidding D just kidding Happy

04-28-2008 11:16 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:

anyhoo...

He nailed it by accident, trust me!

~Saint Augustine~
04-28-2008 11:19 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
and a building would continue to promote the fallacy that God inhabits buildings made by hands...

I think that a run-down/old church communicates that what goes on with the people who meet there is what is important, that the physical building isn't important. That's kind of what I was going for with my cover. I was really looking for the kind of pics that JR88 posted, but couldn't find any I liked.

quote:

I like this idea. Big Grin

04-28-2008 12:06 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

i would still buy it......... but that wouldn't be my first choice for the cover........ Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
04-28-2008 12:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
JR88 JR88 is a male

04-28-2008 12:49 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

04-28-2008 13:01 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

04-28-2008 13:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
JR88 JR88 is a male

^ looks a little like Fred Sanford Big Grin

04-28-2008 13:51 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

i would still buy it......... but that wouldn't be my first choice for the cover........ Big Grin

perhaps an alternate cover, like 'it's for you'

04-28-2008 16:18 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH