77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » All Fall Down (123) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page All Fall Down (123)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

All Fall Down (123) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone else have this problem?

Copy my 123 set into my media player and all the song tags aren't where they belong. I had to manually go in and name the songs correctly, all the song names were in there but assigned to the wrong songs. You think this had something to do with the manufactures encoding process?

04-12-2008 13:18 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: All Fall Down (123) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JR88
Anyone else have this problem?

Copy my 123 set into my media player and all the song tags aren't where they belong. I had to manually go in and name the songs correctly, all the song names were in there but ***igned to the wrong songs. You think this had something to do with the manufactures encoding process?

no. it has to do with the online service that your media player extracts that info from.

someone, at some point, entered it wrong.

04-12-2008 15:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
JR88 JR88 is a male

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm listening to Ba Ba Ba Ba and the tag said Someone New......I was like, what!?

thanks larry Cool

04-12-2008 18:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question RE: All Fall Down (123) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how is this off-topic? Confused

report! Shocked Mad Tongue

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 04-12-2008 19:09.

04-12-2008 19:09 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm listening to Ba Ba Ba Ba and the tag said Someone New......I was like, what!?

thanks larry Cool

What song number is Ba Ba Ba Ba Alex? Because if memory serves, when the cd got pressed they actually (unintentionally) switched the order of the songs, even though the song listing on the sleeve shows them in their proper order.
04-13-2008 05:41 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by TJ 2.0
quote:

thanks larry Cool

What song number is Ba Ba Ba Ba Alex? Because if memory serves, when the cd got pressed they actually (unintentionally) switched the order of the songs, even though the song listing on the sleeve shows them in their proper order.

It's Track 6 on my media player but the CD and insert say it should be Track 1 Confused

04-13-2008 06:58 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Haven't had that problem. iTunes sometimes brings up a screen with several different album names (or variations of one album) and I can choose which one. That's the only odd thing I have come across.

04-13-2008 09:59 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks larry Cool

It's Track 6 on my media player but the CD and insert say it should be Track 1 Confused

probably the website (likely gracenote?) has a different order....

04-13-2008 11:39 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Mike probably made it that way just for fun! Big Grin

04-13-2008 12:52 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

I had the same problem when my boxset arrived. Took a little while to fix the problem, but that's life.

04-13-2008 14:50 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
jcharpman jcharpman is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-11-2008

gonna sound like an idiot, but is that boxed set hard to find? All of my 77's CD's ( as Well as Adam Again, Steven Curtis Chapman, petra) CDs were stolen when I was in college, and I'm planning on refilling my stock in the near future. The only 77s CD that wasnt stolen was 88, It was in my cd changer in my dorm, so was Little red riding hood..

04-23-2008 17:52 jcharpman is offline Send an Email to jcharpman Search for Posts by jcharpman Add jcharpman to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

quote:
Originally posted by jcharpman
gonna sound like an idiot, but is that boxed set hard to find? All of my 77's CD's ( as Well as Adam Again, Steven Curtis Chapman, petra) CDs were stolen when I was in college, and I'm planning on refilling my stock in the near future. The only 77s CD that wasnt stolen was 88, It was in my cd changer in my dorm, so was Little red riding hood..

I think it is no longer available through the webstore, you can search ebay and such though....sometimes they pop up there.

sorry to hear about all your music Frown

here's a thread you might be interested in......from Jan '07 but you might contact the one guy that said he has a few extra sets of the box set....

http://forum.cmcentral.com/index.php?showtopic=44863

04-23-2008 18:18 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

that mike roe guy has been helpful in situations like this, too.

04-23-2008 18:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
jcharpman jcharpman is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-11-2008

I shoulod have replaced the stuff right when it happened, but I was "going through a phase" and didnt bother. Yes it stinks, but it's my fault.

04-24-2008 01:17 jcharpman is offline Send an Email to jcharpman Search for Posts by jcharpman Add jcharpman to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
quote:

thanks larry Cool

Actually, I thought the story was the original records were made with different track listings than the 77s wanted. The song order was corrected for the CDs,. However, the artwork is the same as the original art, so it shows the original, incorrect, song list.

So if you want to listen to the songs in the order the 77s intended them to be listened to, then you'll listen to them based on the actual order on the CD.

That's my understanding. What I did with my CDs is I printed the correct tracklisting and slipped them in the back of the jewel case.
04-24-2008 06:16 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Altogether possible. I just know that I always personally thought starting with "Ba Ba Ba" followed by "Under the Heat" was the best beginning to any album by anyone ever. Still is.
04-25-2008 05:55 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Doctor's bad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Altogether possible. I just know that I always personally thought starting with "Ba Ba Ba" followed by "Under the Heat" was the best beginning to any album by anyone ever. Still is.

I agree. Now.

What happened was..... we originally sequenced the album to begin with Side Two (Caught, Someone New etc.) and the record company forced us to flip/flop the two sides.

Sooooo .... when we remastered it for CD, we flipped it back to how we originally wanted it, but this caused much confusion and consternation amongst the fans. Additionally, it was a weaker presentation after all, and we realized it almost immediately after re-releasing it but it was too late.

If we ever put it out again, we'll put it back to its original release order. Promise.
07-13-2008 00:33 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Hey Mike, with you guys flipping the two "sides" to change the order, why didn't the powers that be switch things up on the song listing for the sleeve when the inserts were printed?
07-13-2008 06:21 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » All Fall Down (123)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH