77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Jesus Hits yes, Atom Bomb no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
We will not be recording the exciting 'Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb' cuz the album is plenty full of music and we will never finish if we don't stop recording and start mixing.

We were gonna call the album that but Throwing Muses and others have used the title already, plus U2 and their stupid title with 'atom bomb' in it etc.......would make us look quite redundant. Mark doesn't care about any of that but I do, so we are still fishing for a title. Mark is in favor of short pithy titles like "Direct" and I'm usually the one to go for the too-long clunky titles. I am combing through the lyrics to find a word or phrase that pops out......one of the songs, 'Jesus is a mighty good leader', has the phrase "from earth to heaven', which is the kind of thing I am looking for. Don't know that that's it, but it's that kinda thing, so any help you all have to offer is still welcome.

Glad Nails liked that pic of D'Arcy. She was a true rock star and is missed, but that Christian chick from the Halo Friendlies was a very cool choice for the new band, which is now half 'Christian' -- Billy is on a good path and Pritzl tells me that they are rehearsing, playing and writing all together 24/7 and rocking harder than ever. It is good to see.

quote:
Originally posted by drowning
stones meets motion picture - sounds GREAT!!

can't wait for this 77's shin dig to hit like an atomic bomb!

I really hope that S. Scott's deal is set free from that solid rock.

Thanks for the update Mike - what is this "new project" being called?

peace!!

I thought "Fun With Steak" was the title? WTF Mike?

Tongue

We have the album cover for Fun with Steak ready to go on the last page, but it might be more consistent with a surf album when you get right down to it.

03-05-2008 12:29 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Frown times are lean Frown

with school starting, my pay cut by 10% and the new baby......I just can't justify buying any new music Frown

someday though.

03-05-2008 13:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about "Holy Swiss Cheese's Take The Wheel"?

I like that for a title. It is even somewhat wordy!

03-05-2008 13:44 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
How about "Holy Swiss Cheese's Take The Wheel"?

I like that for a title. It is even somewhat wordy!

Or even better since it is a "Blues" album go with "Holy Bleu Cheese's Take The Wheel" Happy

03-05-2008 13:45 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

excellent Nails! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why not just call it 'sugartit' and be done with it ~

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Suge Teat.jpg

03-05-2008 14:25 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

quote:
Not that I know of, no, but Pritzl is close with him and coached him in his Pumpkin auditions. He flunked out on the first mill but Billy liked him enough to give him another shot and Pritzl rode him hard through the Pumpkin paces until he got the feel right. The second audition clinched it. I got to hear this all blow by blow while it was happening -- pretty exciting

It is cool to hear Doctor talk about Mr. Pritzl in such a good way. He is such a great guy and always so nice to our family! Plus Jeff used to play in the Violets which is cool now that he is in Smashing Pumpkins!
03-05-2008 14:37 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

RE: excellent Nails! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Why not just call it 'sugartit' and be done with it ~

Tongue
03-05-2008 16:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

sugartits it is!!!

alex......squid..... get to work on cover art.......... beat brian heydn to the punch!

03-05-2008 16:47 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

I think that picture of nailtits is the perfect cover art to go with that name.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-05-2008 16:50 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Doctor Love

do you mean this one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc

Doctor Love has attached this image:
manbitchies.jpg

03-05-2008 18:07 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: do you mean this one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Tongue

quote:

Yeah...that's what it started out as, but BigDork did his photoshop magic on it and put nailbub's face on it.

It was classic!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-05-2008 18:39 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

i have that, but nails is bigger than me........

of course, if the good doctor asks, i will have no choice. Big Grin

03-05-2008 19:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
i have that, but nails is bigger than me........

of course, if the good doctor asks, i will have no choice. Big Grin

What if the GayNail's big brother asks? Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
03-05-2008 19:23 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Album Title Possibilities Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bushnell Blues

Blue Me

Citrus Lows

Don't Bogart The Blues or Pass The Blues

Peawinkel, Jr. suggests:
Fun With Blues

03-05-2008 21:10 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

RE: Album Title Possibilities Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's not really a 'blues' album at all, though some of the songs come from that world. In fact, there isn't even one standard 12-bar blues in the bunch.

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
Bushnell Blues

Blue Me

Citrus Lows

Don't Bogart The Blues or P*** The Blues

Peawinkel, Jr. suggests:
Fun With Blues
03-05-2008 22:10 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Tongue! RE: do you mean this one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wish I hadn't seen that. And yet I can't look away
03-05-2008 22:25 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

The goat lady would like doc to know that her ladies have much better teats than that (and she is willing to rent them out for cover art).
03-05-2008 23:13 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

RE: do you mean this one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Tongue

quote:

Fu****rs!

03-06-2008 06:31 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

RE: Jesus Hits yes, Atom Bomb no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
We will not be recording the exciting 'Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb' cuz the album is plenty full of music and we will never finish if we don't stop recording and start mixing.

We were gonna call the album that but Throwing Muses and others have used the title already, plus U2 and their stupid title with 'atom bomb' in it etc.......would make us look quite redundant. Mark doesn't care about any of that but I do, so we are still fishing for a title. Mark is in favor of short pithy titles like "Direct" and I'm usually the one to go for the too-long clunky titles. I am combing through the lyrics to find a word or phrase that pops out......one of the songs, 'Jesus is a mighty good leader', has the phrase "from earth to heaven', which is the kind of thing I am looking for. Don't know that that's it, but it's that kinda thing, so any help you all have to offer is still welcome.

Glad Nails liked that pic of D'Arcy. She was a true rock star and is missed, but that Christian chick from the Halo Friendlies was a very cool choice for the new band, which is now half 'Christian' -- Billy is on a good path and Pritzl tells me that they are rehearsing, playing and writing all together 24/7 and rocking harder than ever. It is good to see.

quote:

peace!!

here are my offerings for potential titles... some of them in my mind would be classic 77's titles... but then again... probably not!!

Tongue

turns to gold

workin'

guarding the good

exchange

sorry

what's the matter now

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

03-06-2008 07:05 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by phreaq
quote:

quote:

peace!!

here are my offerings for potential titles... some of them in my mind would be cl***ic 77's titles... but then again... probably not!!

Tongue

turns to gold

workin'

guarding the good

exchange

sorry

what's the matter now

~f

Uh...did a miracle happen? phreaq has been resurrected???

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-06-2008 07:19 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH