77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The 77s/Strawmen in Eugene, OR » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The 77s/Strawmen in Eugene, OR 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eddie Eddie is a male
Unbalanced

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's an interesting bit of info from the W.O.W. Hall site.

Scroll Down Half-way

07-22-2004 18:08 Eddie is offline Send an Email to Eddie Search for Posts by Eddie Add Eddie to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Posting from Eugene!!

Cool

07-23-2004 14:12 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

me too!

7 Heads Dinner

07-23-2004 23:24 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

the pics are a great representation of a Great Time!

at least that is how I would vote - great people, good food and some cool reminiscing...

that and eleanor has yet to crash the party - phew!?!

Cool

07-24-2004 07:54 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
me too!

7 Heads Dinner

CooL

07-24-2004 07:55 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Eddie Eddie is a male
Unbalanced

Incredible!

07-25-2004 11:47 Eddie is offline Send an Email to Eddie Search for Posts by Eddie Add Eddie to your Buddy List
Eddie Eddie is a male
Unbalanced

I'm still at a loss for words...

freekin' INCREDIBLE!

07-25-2004 11:50 Eddie is offline Send an Email to Eddie Search for Posts by Eddie Add Eddie to your Buddy List
bf7 bf7 is a male
Someone New

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
I'm still at a loss for words...

freekin' INCREDIBLE!

Well said Ed, well said .... this was an awesome weekend!
07-25-2004 20:52 bf7 is offline Send an Email to bf7 Search for Posts by bf7 Add bf7 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for bf7
bf7 bf7 is a male
Someone New

Figured I'd post this here as well, being as no one will want to look for it in the Star Wars thread you all love so much Roll Eyes

Let's just say it was a magical night for me ... unbelievable.
07-25-2004 22:07 bf7 is offline Send an Email to bf7 Search for Posts by bf7 Add bf7 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for bf7
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

more details please.

Was I ever on the inside?
07-25-2004 22:14 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

yes....many more........ Cool

07-26-2004 05:04 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

arrived home after no sleep for 40 straight hours...

just a bit loopy - boots of the 7's recently acquired kept me awake on the 2.5 hour drive home from the airport.

A FANTASTIC TIME...

it was awesome to be with lam77s, bax, bd, j, bf7, eddie, joey t and even Nail!!!

but that Eleanor... Mad

but even eleanor couldn't supress the amazing joy and freedom of the 7's and strawmen performing with their hearts on their sleeves...

great stuff!!

we even had left over pizza to take home... didn't we bax!!

Cool

07-26-2004 09:11 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

I don't know where to start. Maybe from the beginning? This is going to take awhile, so forgive me if I start and back up and re-start.

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to the bands and all the fans who made this a night to remember. I could never have dreamed this would turn into such a super party--beyond ALL expectations on my part.

I looked at my cell phone minutes last night and I figure I was on the phone for over 2-1/2 hrs throughout the weekend. My battery was almost dead by 4:00 p.m. Saturday (after a recharge over Friday night).

Everything was going very smoothly when I left the house on Saturday morning. I got to Portland just fine, except I kept missing calls from people (including Mike) because the volume on my car stereo was turned up too high (a natural occurrence on my part). The flight arrived a little early and we got there just ahead of the guys, so smooth beginning.

This is where it gets interesting.

I had Mike, Bruce and David in the car with me. Bill, Mark and their families were in another vehicle. We're just driving along, air conditioner on full blast (which is the only setting that works in my car) and everybody's settled in for a nice ride to Eugene.

Then all of a sudden, Mike says, "Hey, where'd the AC go? It's blowing hot air." We all look at the dials and OMG!!!! the temp gauge is all the way over on EXTRA EXTREMELY ALMOST CANNOT GET ANY HIGHER HOTTTT!!

We all stare at it like it's going to go down any second, but it doesn't. Somebody suggests turning on the heat. I'd heard that works, too, so we try it. Does it work? NO! The temp guage goes HIGHER! So, we turn that off and pull off the freeway into the first place to park, which is a music store parking lot, just as the oil light comes on.

Meanwhile, Bruce is saying stuff like, "It's dumping oil, man." "I think you've blown a head gasket, man." Encouraging things like that. Mike says, "Don't stress her out." Yeah, Please.

We get out of the car and it's steaming/smoking...I don't know. I pop the hood and the three guys are staring into it like they're mechanics, all trying to diagnose the situation. I figured I'd leave them alone and go call AAA...somebody who can really help me. Wink

It takes forever to get them on the phone. Meanwhile, Brett (who has all the guitars, luggage, etc in his car) is willing to drive me to a car rental place close by. I'm still on hold with AAA as we drive off, leaving Mike, Bruce and David heading into the music store.

We get to the first car rental place and they're all closed up today, head out for the next place and they're closed today, too. That means we're going back to the airport.

I call 411 on my cell phone and line up a car at Hertz for more money than I want to spend (but they wouldn't take payment over the phone), but at least we have a car. We get to the airport and the Hertz line is way too long, so I see that the Budget line is the shortest. I'm going there. I walk directly up to the counter and the gal tells me they have no cars available and points to a sign that I didn't see. I start to walk away and she calls out, "Oh, they just changed the sign...let me look." I get a nice Nissan Altima for $10 less than the Hertz quote and I'm on my way (after taking a few minutes to try to figure out how to turn the windshield wipers off).

I couldn't get any cell service while at the rental car counter (in a parking garage) so I call Mike to say we're good to go. He tells me the AAA guy has come and gone. NO! They weren't supposed to be there yet. Oh, well. Whatever.

I call Brett and tell him what's happened. He calls me back a little while later and tells me he just drove by the parking lot and the AAA guy is there. I'm about 2 minutes behind him and I manage to get there while the AAA guy is still there. I practically throw my key at him, we throw all the stuff that I have in my car into the rental and we're on our way.

We're not too far behind schedule because I'd planned to go to the hotel first to check the guys in. That will have to wait. Traffic wasn't too bad until we come up on an accident, but that didn't take too long to pass.

We end up only being 1/2 hour late for the sound check.

to be continued......
07-26-2004 13:07 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
j100xtraII
unregistered

Thank you Linda for putting up with us 7s heads while we were in Eugene. This show was excellent.
07-26-2004 17:15
Eddie Eddie is a male
Unbalanced

Yes, Thank you Linda!

07-27-2004 18:47 Eddie is offline Send an Email to Eddie Search for Posts by Eddie Add Eddie to your Buddy List
j100xtraII
unregistered

Thank you eddie for showing us around on Sat. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally had a great time.
07-27-2004 18:54
freak freak is a male
Unbalanced

Thanks Linda & Glenn - I am still walking about in a haze with a big grin on my face...

Eddie - you were an extraordinary tour guide... thanks man!

It was also great to meet BD, J, Bax, BF7, Nail, & Joey face to face... (also many other great fans)

~f

Dennis, the Dr. Rich, for Blackboard President
07-28-2004 07:16 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004

take another trip down memory lane!!!

great stuff... that eugene show and meeting of the 7's heads - very fun!

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

08-20-2004 10:03 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

i had a dream that i was there.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-20-2004 13:12 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Eddie Eddie is a male
Unbalanced

quote:
Originally posted by .evangeline.
i had a dream that i was there.

okay, I'll bite.

and .ev. what did you experience while you were there? Confused

08-20-2004 19:29 Eddie is offline Send an Email to Eddie Search for Posts by Eddie Add Eddie to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The 77s/Strawmen in Eugene, OR

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH