77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's album 7 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.007 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the update Doc! Looking forward to this more and more now!!!!!!!

10-16-2007 12:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes thank you! Just hearing some kind of update makes the wait a little betterSmile Now I am really looking forward to it!
10-16-2007 12:42 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
gator77da gator77da is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-252.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks 'n' Stones

RE: Stones si Zeppy no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

10-16-2007 13:14 gator77da is offline Send an Email to gator77da Search for Posts by gator77da Add gator77da to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

RE: Stones si Zeppy no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
Other than one sorta Pagey lick on the new version of City Of Refuge, there's not much in the way of "Zeppelin" influences.

To update you all, Mark and Bruce have about wrapped the Jimmy Pailer album and we resume completing the new 77s album next week. There is still a coupla lead vocals to do plus all the background vocals and any last minute 'production' overdubs that may come to mind, in addition to maybe doing one or two 'backyard' acoustic numbers on the fly to round out the record.

Sorry this project seems to be taking so long, but we're just busy trying to survive and when you're recording at home it drags out more. The Lost Dogs have a great advantage in that we have very limited time together and it's expensive to be away from home so we just get in and get it done very fast. I totally prefer it that way. I don't like having too much time to think about a record because then you start to fool around with it until you drain the life out of it. Fortunately, with the new 77s album that hasn't happened because we've been too busy with other things to do that so it's still fresh and alive and we all still dig it as much as we did when we started it.

Everyone is going to love this record. That much I can promise ~~

[quote]

Awesome news. Thanks for the update, Dr. Love. Cool

10-16-2007 16:32 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Big Grin
Cool

10-16-2007 21:36 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it...

Alex

10-18-2007 02:41 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Big Jim Big Jim is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Holy Ghost Building

Stones Si Zeppy No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ditto - thanks for the update Doctor Love! Cool

I think Page would be proud of the "Refuge" version that is on FWS. Look forward to hearing the new recording and the whole thing! I'm psyched...

Jim
10-19-2007 19:31 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Stones Si Zeppy No Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Dr...I am ready to send money.

looking forward to the new tunes.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
10-19-2007 20:09 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Can't wait (but have to).

10-24-2007 03:34 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
To update you all, Mark and Bruce have about wrapped the Jimmy Pailer album and we resume completing the new 77s album next week. There is still a coupla lead vocals to do plus all the background vocals and any last minute 'production' overdubs that may come to mind, in addition to maybe doing one or two 'backyard' acoustic numbers on the fly to round out the record

So, since the good Doctor has been here today, I wonder if he might elaborate or otherwise update us rabid fans about this rock/blues/gospel disc. And tidbit will be appreciated!

01-07-2008 13:21 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

On your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At this point, just pray we sew this thing up so we can get out on the road and see all you guys again -- it's been a long long time !!

p.s. How did everyone love '99'? Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
To update you all, Mark and Bruce have about wrapped the Jimmy Pailer album and we resume completing the new 77s album next week. There is still a coupla lead vocals to do plus all the background vocals and any last minute 'production' overdubs that may come to mind, in addition to maybe doing one or two 'backyard' acoustic numbers on the fly to round out the record

So, since the good Doctor has been here today, I wonder if he might elaborate or otherwise update us rabid fans about this rock/blues/gospel disc. And tidbit will be appreciated!
01-07-2008 14:40 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Thumb Up! Dr Love. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any plans to play Club 3 Degrees in Mpls, Mn?

Cool
01-07-2008 15:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

< Ninety Nine lover

01-07-2008 15:22 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

Cool re: Ön your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Three thousand guitars
They seem to cry
My ears will melt, and then my eyes

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
01-07-2008 16:54 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List
Linda Linda is a female
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

RE: On your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
At this point, just pray we sew this thing up so we can get out on the road and see all you guys again -- it's been a long long time !!

"99" rocks!! This will keep me pacified til the new album is finished. I will be salivating anxiously...

01-07-2008 17:22 Linda is offline Send an Email to Linda Search for Posts by Linda Add Linda to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

RE: On your knees or on your knees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:
quote:

Been listening to '99' pretty much non-stop since I got my copy for Christmas. I've taken a break here and there but I'm still digging on '99' great live show, and the artwork that copies '88' was an extra nice touch.

~Saint Augustine~
01-07-2008 17:49 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

99 is great but it just makes me want to see a 77s concert and my wife keeps bugging me about it also! So yes you need to get the new one done so we can ruin our ears listening to it VERY loud and then see you live playing those awesome blues songs!!!! CAN NOT WAIT so I WILL pray as you said! Smile
01-08-2008 07:08 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
p.s. How did everyone love '99'?

It's excellent.

I'm probably the biggest fan of "power trio" era 77's. TTB & EP are easily my favorite 7's discs. Having seen the TTB tour twice cemented my love for this, as well as my band playing "Rocks In Your Head" as our opening song for several years.

I like the low(er) vocal mix, too, of "99" because I love the interplay between the instruments. It doesn't get any better than that, and I thank you for releasing it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 01-08-2008 07:31.

01-08-2008 07:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:
quote:

always praying

01-08-2008 08:16 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

I dig the Allman Bros/One Way Out riff. Nice surprise. It's right up there with Baby Elephant Walk/Money from the DVD.
01-08-2008 21:30 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Pages (20): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » New 77's album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH