77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » question about smiley smile » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page question about smiley smile 3 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ragingbull4891 ragingbull4891 is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-07-2007
Favorite 77s album: pray naked

question about smiley smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i love the beach boys. what is the full story behind smiley smile on the album pray naked? This is easily one of their better albums. I need to know if it has something to do with the beach boys. and sorry for the answer before...ive been burned by the church a couple times and i was a lil drunk. seriously i apologize. but i do wanna know though. thanks a lot.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ragingbull4891: 06-08-2007 09:26.

06-07-2007 22:15 ragingbull4891 is offline Send an Email to ragingbull4891 Search for Posts by ragingbull4891 Add ragingbull4891 to your Buddy List
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by ragingbull4891
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ragingbull4891: 06-08-2007 09:23.

06-08-2007 00:03 ragingbull4891 is offline Send an Email to ragingbull4891 Search for Posts by ragingbull4891 Add ragingbull4891 to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah well most of us here can spell "probably" and "better", shiteyes.

06-08-2007 00:23 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

LOL. This thread makes me laugh! Big Grin

06-08-2007 04:58 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

What the heck is this all about?

We all know that this board (and Mike especially) puts the "Fun" in
"Fundamental Christian".

I burned all my Beach Boys discs a long time ago. I agree, they are SO evil. If you play "Fun, Fun, Fun" backwards, it says, "Nuf, Nuf, Nuf", and we all know what that means, right? And don't even get me started on "I Get Around." We REALLY know what that means. Also, have you ever heard the uncensored version of "Don't Worry, Baby"? Holy crap!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind knowing the story of "Smiley Smile" and "Smile" because I've always been a little curious. It's very different from anything Mike has done, esp. the "Safe as Milk" version.

Kit, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 06-08-2007 07:40.

06-08-2007 07:37 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
tonto tonto is a male
Perfect Blues

Registration Date: 07-14-2006

Wait - Is this Raging Bull Tonto went to grade school with??
06-08-2007 08:24 tonto is offline Send an Email to tonto Search for Posts by tonto Add tonto to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

I'm not sure of a certain answer but I wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of a nod to the Beach Boys seeing Mike's admiration for Brian Wilson. I believe I've posted this on Mike's board, but "Smile" from SAM is one of my favorite Mike Roe numbers. The bass line is awesome and I love the lyrics and tune. Very different...

Of course, little herringostarr loves that tune as well.

Cool

06-08-2007 10:55 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Happy birthday there Ragingbull...

I'd guess that you won't find many around these parts that are not Brian Wilson fans... so, you're in good company.
06-08-2007 11:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
eugene
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 07-21-2004
Location: "burt brother im not the 1 whosevil . its the devil your anniversary who prowls about liek a roarin lion seeeking who 2 devore"- tor replying to nails..... :D

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i love deniro! Cool

06-08-2007 12:24 eugene is offline Send an Email to eugene Search for Posts by eugene Add eugene to your Buddy List
tom tom petty
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

I love dinero.
06-08-2007 16:23 tom tom petty is offline Send an Email to tom tom petty Search for Posts by tom tom petty Add tom tom petty to your Buddy List
latencybaks latencybaks is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

Who doesn't want a fortune?
06-08-2007 16:50 latencybaks is offline Send an Email to latencybaks Search for Posts by latencybaks Add latencybaks to your Buddy List
Someone New

thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks for the deniro nod and the birthday. Happy
06-09-2007 08:51 ragingbull4891 is offline Send an Email to ragingbull4891 Search for Posts by ragingbull4891 Add ragingbull4891 to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now my post just looks stupid since he edited his.

06-09-2007 18:43 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Someone New

Frown sorry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

seriously. im sorry. that was the stupidest thing to say. I had to edit it. you know? anyway.....sorry everybody.
06-09-2007 22:18 ragingbull4891 is offline Send an Email to ragingbull4891 Search for Posts by ragingbull4891 Add ragingbull4891 to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006

You're just mean, Kit. Tongue

06-10-2007 10:53 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
tom tom petty
Someone New

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

Yo, RagingBull...If you're a Beach Boys fan (I'm assuming you are), check out the tribute album "Making God Smile". Great collection of songs and some really good quality covers.

I believe it was released as a two disc set at first, which is a bit pricey on eBay (last time I checked) but you can find the single disc version for a fair price.
06-10-2007 19:13 tom tom petty is offline Send an Email to tom tom petty Search for Posts by tom tom petty Add tom tom petty to your Buddy List
Someone New

yo thanks for the info but i hate christian music. Sorry. some of it is interesting but some of it is pretty is just too out there for me. But thanks again. Seriously.
06-10-2007 23:11 ragingbull4891 is offline Send an Email to ragingbull4891 Search for Posts by ragingbull4891 Add ragingbull4891 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

The Making God Smile tribute is all Beach Boys/Brian Wilson music actually... its all cover versions by folks like Mike Roe of the 77s (with the Lost Dogs). Some great versions of some of the songs... (and a few not-so-great ones).
06-10-2007 23:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Now my post just looks stupid since he edited his.

But you used the word "Shiteyes" and that helps it stand on it's own.

06-11-2007 14:05 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by ragingbull4891
yo thanks for the info but i hate christian music. Sorry. some of it is interesting but some of it is pretty is just too out there for me. But thanks again. Seriously.

Well we only like Christian music if it says "Jesus" in it. That's why we're not all really 77s fans. Mike Roe pays us in guitar lessons to post here.

06-11-2007 19:16 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » question about smiley smile

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH