77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s iPod...would you buy one?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77s iPod...would you buy one?? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Amadeus Amadeus is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-407.jpg

Registration Date: 12-05-2006
Favorite 77s album: 77s (1987)

77s iPod...would you buy one?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope I don't get any 'thumbs down' for this because some may think it is a stupid thing to bring up but what would everyone think of a special iPod full of everything the 77's, Lost Dogs, Mike Roe, etc. ever recorded?? I am in the middle of doing it to one of my iPods now and I thought it would be a sweet idea. I have converted some rare mp3's and added them to my itunes as well as my collection and am in the process of putting them on my iPod right now. I just thought that it was a good idea. Anyone out there , please let me know what you think........good or bad. Thanks.

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future" - Andrew Volpe
02-15-2007 10:27 Amadeus is offline Send an Email to Amadeus Homepage of Amadeus Search for Posts by Amadeus Add Amadeus to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have an ipod and all the cds by the 77s. i already downloaded the complete discography of the 77s into it. so i have the 77s everywhere i go Big Grin
good idea, though

02-15-2007 11:00 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Amadeus
RE: 77s iPod...would you buy one?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also, please do not think that I am trying to do this as way to make money. I wasn't implying that any responses here indicated a 'sale' of some kind. I just was throwing out there as an idea. I wasn't offering to do this for a fee, i just thought of it as I was doing it coupled with the idea of the U2 iPod several years ago and thought it would be great for something like this for the 77s fans.

02-15-2007 11:06 Amadeus is offline Send an Email to Amadeus Homepage of Amadeus Search for Posts by Amadeus Add Amadeus to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I talked to Mike about this 6 months ago....

jeffrey k.

02-15-2007 11:07 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Amadeus

What was his response?

02-15-2007 11:09 Amadeus is offline Send an Email to Amadeus Homepage of Amadeus Search for Posts by Amadeus Add Amadeus to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by Amadeus
What was his response?

He didn't seem all that interested....to be really honest....at least at the time.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing one-of-a-kind ipods with Lo-Fidelity releases that would be give-aways....found a company that will do high end logo etchings on the backs of ipods, so it could be cool.

I don't talk project details befre ink is dry, but in the event some things happen with the label and 77's, the chance of the ipod thing coming up again is good.

jeffrey k.

02-15-2007 11:17 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

02-15-2007 13:01 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

sign me up!

02-15-2007 13:20 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

I would replace my current iPod for this one, hands down.

Great idea!

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-15-2007 13:45 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

88GB....

nice touch, lur king.

02-15-2007 14:03 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

Yes Lurking, very cool!
Cool

02-15-2007 16:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

So stuck in the past I guess. I don't have an ipod, and I'm doubtfull I will have one.

Michaelhappywithoutthetechnology

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
02-15-2007 19:07 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

I would save my pennies and dimes.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-15-2007 19:12 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
88GB....

nice touch, lur king.

Totally missed that part! Very classy. 88Gb...77Gb...heck, even 123Gb...it's all good!

You could even put the 77s DVD contents on there...or at least the music videos...and a handful of most-popular bootlegs, too.

Hey, U2 signed theirs...

Man, I'm REALLY getting excited about the idea. Big Grin

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-15-2007 20:02 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

I would love this idea!!!!!! And if some unreleased stuff (perhaps from Scratch Band/Shirley goodness stuff) was added it would be even better as I have all the 77's/Mike Roe/Lost Dog CDs. It would have to be the biggest version though so it takes a long time for me to fill it up!
02-16-2007 05:49 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
eugene
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 07-21-2004
Location: "burt brother im not the 1 whosevil . its the devil your anniversary who prowls about liek a roarin lion seeeking who 2 devore"- tor replying to nails..... :D

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
I would save my pennies and dimes.

yep........ Red Face

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eugene: 02-16-2007 10:56.

02-16-2007 10:41 eugene is offline Send an Email to eugene Search for Posts by eugene Add eugene to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing one-of-a-kind ipods with Lo-Fidelity releases that would be give-aways....found a company that will do high end logo etchings on the backs of ipods, so it could be cool.

jeffrey k.

02-16-2007 10:55 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

I'd consider buying one for sure. Cool

02-16-2007 11:22 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

That would take a considerable amount of fun out of the experience, to my way of thinking, but then I'm not an iPod person.

02-16-2007 11:53 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Mr. Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

jeffrey k.

Did you have a question or comment Larry...or were you just re-posting my comment? (just curious...)

jeffrey k.

02-16-2007 14:43 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77s iPod...would you buy one??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH