77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » The Dogs stray to Derwood, MD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Dogs stray to Derwood, MD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

The Dogs stray to Derwood, MD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well the show was going to be a hot and muggy outside affair due to an amazing storm that swept through the DC region... it knocked the power out of a good part of the area - generators were on the way - with the show set up outside. Power was restored about 75 minutes prior to show time - so everything was moved back in... the dogs were looking pretty tired about that time...

who said grace is the smell of rain? Tongue

The Set List (it was similar to this... I am not completely sure...)

If You Want To
To Cover You
A Certain Love
Come Down Here
Ten Gallon Hat (complete with whistling and yodeling)
Grace is the Smell of Rain
It's So Sad
Startin' Monday
Wild Ride (Mike Rocked this!)
Sunshine Down
The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride of Life
Moses In the Desert
Papa Danced on Olvera Street
Honeysuckle Breeze
I'm Setting You Free (But I'm Not Letting You Go)
Built For Glory/The Great Divide Medley

Encore 1

"Medley of Our Hit":
Gates of Eden
Three Legged Dog
Bad Indigestion
Close But No Cigar
Pray Where You Are
Breathe Deep (The Breath of God)
Why Is The Devil Red?

Encore 2

Beautiful Scandalous Night
All The Very Best Things

The banter was fun (all the regulars - "yo bro don't be..."; charlston heston; derri the fairy; chic tracks; rapture practice; we tune because we care; etc.) - the crowd laughed at all the right places...

A nice crowd - over 150... and they were thoroughly into it.

The vocals - amazing - tight and gorgeous. Derri was especially "lovely."

As squid said, "Steve is a very impressive percussionist" - sorry if I misquoted you squid - everything is fair game for this guy to hit - even his seat becomes a percussive instrument!

Mike was tired - but he was up to the challenge... and really is fantastic - his "elastic" were reimpressed on me as you contrast his vocal on Close but No Cigar and his amazing take on Beautiful, Scandalous Night...

Terry was, as always, sincerely gracious, telling stories, and in great voice... he is a mighty fine guitarist in his own right.

It was a great show - very fun... fun to chat with all the guys!

I will post some pics soon.

~f

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freek: 07-08-2004 06:43.

07-08-2004 06:36 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
backsat15and1/2 backsat15and1/2 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

Registration Date: 07-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

his seat?

07-08-2004 09:06 backsat15and1/2 is offline Send an Email to backsat15and1/2 Search for Posts by backsat15and1/2 Add backsat15and1/2 to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm, we didn't even get one encore! Red Face

Mad

07-08-2004 09:23 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List

Not even a dog can tolerate the Squid stench any longer than she has to.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by backsat15and1/2: 07-08-2004 09:27.

07-08-2004 09:26 backsat15and1/2 is offline Send an Email to backsat15and1/2 Search for Posts by backsat15and1/2 Add backsat15and1/2 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit

Mad

we only had 60 people Frown

07-08-2004 09:30 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
TaylorJeff TaylorJeff is a male
Praying Naked

quote:

Mad

Uh, yeah Squid, we did. Remember?

They came back out and played the "Medley".

Spent of all my strength, relying on Yours
07-08-2004 10:02 TaylorJeff is offline Homepage of TaylorJeff Search for Posts by TaylorJeff Add TaylorJeff to your Buddy List

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Squid is hereby released from any and all future reporting responsibililties.
The American press has a blemishless record of accuracy and integrity that we must not allow this sea thing to tarnish!

07-08-2004 10:57 backsat15and1/2 is offline Send an Email to backsat15and1/2 Search for Posts by backsat15and1/2 Add backsat15and1/2 to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Kite Without a String

images/avatars/avatar-490.gif

Location: IL, Home of Rod Blagojevich (I never voted for him!)

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TaylorJeff
quote:

Mad

Uh, yeah Squid, we did. Remember?

They came back out and played the "Medley".

THAT was an encore??!!?? Confused

I thought they were just taking a break and coming back out to play the second half of their set. I'll have to check out the length of the video I took too. Red Face

07-08-2004 13:03 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by freek

pics of the Derwood, MD show...

Great shot of Mike on Beautiful Scandalous Night

07-14-2004 15:50 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Terry...

07-14-2004 15:51 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

The Dogs - Rock Creek Church in Derwood, MD 7-7-04!!

Mike, Terry & Derri

`f

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freek: 07-14-2004 15:54.

07-14-2004 15:53 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » The Dogs stray to Derwood, MD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH