77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dogs in North Jersey! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs in North Jersey!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Dogs in North Jersey! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

7/8 - Essex Falls, NJ
Calvary Evangelical Free Church, 450 Fells Rd
Doors open at 7:30pm, Show starts at 8pm
Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door
Tickets available by emailing dogsconcert@clcyg.org

So, are you WITH me.... or AGIN' me???

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 06-15-2004 09:00.

06-15-2004 08:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

prayers up for this show as well Smile )

06-15-2004 09:06 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Thread Starter Thread Started by carl
Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks, D8. While y'r at it, pray I sell all these tickets I fronted for.... Shocked

(& if anyone here's interested, let me know....)

06-15-2004 09:18 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
terriblebaks2 terriblebaks2 is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

06-15-2004 10:18 terriblebaks2 is offline Send an Email to terriblebaks2 Search for Posts by terriblebaks2 Add terriblebaks2 to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

man - the free church is turning out for the Dog's on the east coast...

in MD - they are performing at a free church...

and in N. Jersey...

cool.

06-16-2004 09:21 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by freek
man - the free church is turning out for the Dog's on the east coast...

in MD - they are performing at a free church...

and in N. Jersey...

cool.

I would like to point out that while the Free Church is hosting the NJ show (bigger place), t'was the C&MA that got them there in the first place.... Red Face .... props to Keith, should he pop back in here....

Big Grin

(seriously, the Dogs hopefully wouldn't've fit in the Lake Parsippany clubhouse, as Mike & Mark unfortunately did.... well, not unfortunately for ME, but you know what I mean....)

06-16-2004 09:31 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To the top!

07-05-2004 12:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Guess me and my posse will have this concert all to ourselves, then.... Tongue Big Grin Crying

07-08-2004 07:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
freek freek is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-09-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

You are going to have a great time!!

Enjoy...

~f

07-08-2004 07:49 freek is offline Send an Email to freek Search for Posts by freek Add freek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of freek: doug77@mac.com
backsat15and1/2 backsat15and1/2 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

Registration Date: 07-03-2004

yes

07-08-2004 09:10 backsat15and1/2 is offline Send an Email to backsat15and1/2 Search for Posts by backsat15and1/2 Add backsat15and1/2 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Good show. Interesting song choices; nothing pre-Real Men Cry aside from "Why Is the Devil Red?" (& two from Avocado Faultline? Shocked ). My only sadnesses are: 1) only 70 people (which, by extention, means I brought 20% of the audience myself, but they all went home happy & with copies of Mutt & resolutions to buy more); 2) By all appearances, we got the short set (although it was still nearly two hours -- but there was a LOT of banter....); 3) Real Men Cry is already out of print? (That's what they said.) I mean, despite the fact it's beat it's still rather criminal; 4) They ducked backstage as soon as the show was over, which means I didn't get to finally meet Terry Crying

Other observations: 1) Mike was downright giddy most of the show, even finger-to-lip girly (maybe that's why Terry called him (Peter, Paul &) "Mary"....); 2) Someone gave Mike a head of broccoli during the encore, inspiring an, um, interesting monologue from Mike about the value of good broccoli, et al. (Terry: "Yeah, you want to leave THAT in the van for a few days...."); 3) The louder stuff tended to work better, although "Sunshine Down," "I'm Setting You Free..." &, yes, "Beautiful Scandalous Night" worked well. 4) I found myself telling people after the show that this was only the tipberg and that "You should hear them and/or Terry and/or Mike when...." The more I think about that, the more I wonder whether that's a good thing.

Anyway, the list:

If You Want To
To Cover You
A Certain Love
Come Down Here
10 Gallon Hat
Like a Cloud
Grace Is the Smell of Rain
Startin' Monday
Sunshine Down
The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes & the Pride of Life
Moses in the Desert
Papa Danced on Olvera Street
I'm Setting You Free (But I'm Not Letting You Go)
Wild Ride
Why Is the Devil Red?
Beautiful Scandalous Night
I Wish You All the Very Best Things

07-09-2004 06:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

They mentioned Real Men Cry being gone at the show I went to as well. I got my copy autographed at the show. Big Grin
I believe it's available for download on itunes though.

Was I ever on the inside?
07-09-2004 08:06 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Good show. Interesting song choices; nothing pre-Real Men Cry aside from "Why Is the Devil Red?" (& two from Avocado Faultline? Shocked ). My only sadnesses are: 1) only 70 people (which, by extention, means I brought 20% of the audience myself, but they all went home happy & with copies of Mutt & resolutions to buy more); 2) By all appearances, we got the short set (although it was still nearly two hours -- but there was a LOT of banter....); 3) Real Men Cry is already out of print? (That's what they said.) I mean, despite the fact it's beat it's still rather criminal; 4) They ducked backstage as soon as the show was over, which means I didn't get to finally meet Terry Crying

Other observations: 1) Mike was downright giddy most of the show, even finger-to-lip girly (maybe that's why Terry called him (Peter, Paul &) "Mary"....); 2) Someone gave Mike a head of broccoli during the encore, inspiring an, um, interesting monologue from Mike about the value of good broccoli, et al. (Terry: "Yeah, you want to leave THAT in the van for a few days...."); 3) The louder stuff tended to work better, although "Sunshine Down," "I'm Setting You Free..." &, yes, "Beautiful Scandalous Night" worked well. 4) I found myself telling people after the show that this was only the tipberg and that "You should hear them and/or Terry and/or Mike when...." The more I think about that, the more I wonder whether that's a good thing.

Anyway, the list:

If You Want To
To Cover You
A Certain Love
Come Down Here
10 Gallon Hat
Like a Cloud
Grace Is the Smell of Rain
Startin' Monday
Sunshine Down
The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes & the Pride of Life
Moses in the Desert
Papa Danced on Olvera Street
I'm Setting You Free (But I'm Not Letting You Go)
Wild Ride
Why Is the Devil Red?
Beautiful Scandalous Night
I Wish You All the Very Best Things

Well, we were praying--maybe we left him on the charger too long.

07-12-2004 10:24 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Man, I should've been checking this site earlier! I'm a Central Jerseyian. Boo on me!

08-26-2004 21:34 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Yo Arty,

I can alleviate a LITTLE bit of yr pain.... Big Grin .... PM me....

08-27-2004 05:34 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Eleanor
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

quote:
Yo Arty,

i'm in pain

or is it?

i'm a pain

08-27-2004 06:50 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by bubbaepp
Man, I should've been checking this site earlier! I'm a Central Jerseyian. Boo on me!

Mad yeah BOO on you! Mad

Tongue welcome to the board Smile )

08-27-2004 07:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:
Yo Arty,

i'm in pain
or is it?

i'm a pain

You GOT yrs already.... stop whining.... Red Face

08-27-2004 08:20 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
quote:
quote:
Yo Arty,

i'm in pain
or is it?

i'm a pain

I know, I was just being a pain

08-27-2004 12:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
quote:
quote:
Yo Arty,

i'm in pain
or is it?

i'm a pain

I'm deeply hurt Carl, I haven't got mine yet.
08-27-2004 14:46
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dogs in North Jersey!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH