77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THE LOST DOGS
w/ The Blackstones
Full band, plugged in
Wednesday, September 27th
Wonder Ballroom, 128 NE Russell, Portland, OR
7:30 pm, doors 7 pm
$17 adv, $20 day of show

A portion of the proceeds will go to the Portland Rescue Mission.

Tickets available at Ticketmaster and the Wonder Ballroom box office. I have some tickets in my possession, so you can order tickets from me while supplies last (if you want to avoid the service charges). Please contact me for more information.

Thanks!

Linda A. Miller
LAM PRODUCTIONS

541-729-7771
08-12-2006 09:54 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
bump! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wednesday, September 27th!!!
09-12-2006 11:24 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

RE: The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't miss the most professional show in Portland TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

Wonder Ballroom
7:30 pm
09-26-2006 09:23 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

RE: The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

EXCELLENT SHOW! Just saying again... Big Grin

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
10-01-2006 21:43 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
lam77s

I didn't take any photos and didn't even think about recording anything until now! My mind was definitely on other things.

Here's the scoop from the evening:

The venue was perfect--an old historic ballroom--with a great stage, hardwood floors, and a cafe in the basement. Mike said it had the most beautiful bathroom he had ever seen in his entire life. He made me go in and take a look!

There was a full bar with seating in the balcony and there were a number of people camped up there the entire evening.

The Blackstones, the opening band, was great and were warmed by the audience's cheers and applause. They seemed genuinely surprised to have such positive feedback. These guys are in their 20's and long-time Lost Dogs fans. They told me they were excited to open for a band they really liked, that it rarely happens. They were star struck, to be sure, which warmed Mike, Terry, Derri, and Steve's hearts. When we first got there I was walking Mike downstairs to show him where things were and one of the young members of the Blackstones said in awe, "Are you Michael Roe???" I'm sure that made Mike's day.

The Dogs played to an enthusiastic crowd, lots of whooping and hollering, foot stomping and hand clapping. Roe was hot, hot, hot! They played some rousing numbers, though I must confess I did not write down the set list. DRAT!

Highlights:

1. They tried out a song in Roseburg that they had never played before in honor of Gene Eugene, "No Room for Us," and played it again in Portland. What can I say...they had it down...full of emotion.....full of Gene....

2. "Get Me Ready" rocked the house down.

3. "Eleanor, It's Raining Now" - Beautiful. Roe's guitar solos, incredible.

I thought the Lost Dogs played superbly at Cornerstone, but I think they transcended themselves at this show. I personally was captivated, could not wipe that smile off my face. It was over way too soon.

They sold tons of stuff, and it was a pleasure handing them a huge wad of cash and checks afterward.

Passed Terry after the show in the hall downstairs. All I could say was, "Come and Gone." He nodded and smiled.

Linda
10-02-2006 12:42 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No Room For Us was the definite high point of the Pasadena show as well. The harmonies were stunning as was Steve's percussion work with little chimes and echo makers. They followed that with Crushing Hand, which was nearly as beautiful. They communicated God's mystery is a beautiful, beautiful way.

Eleanor was amazing again in Pasadena. It has always been one of my favorite songs, but i never heard it like that. Mr. Roe's solos and Steve's violent banging were breathtaking.

i think i have the set list somewhere around here...

From memory:

Wild Ride
If You Want To
Broken Like Brooklyn
Rocky Mountain Mine
Devil's Elbow
Twinkie Defense
No Room For Doubt
Crushing Hand
Blessing in Disguise
Certain Love
Eleanor It's Raining
That's Where Jesus Is
Get Me Ready ****
Imagine That
Ain't Gonna Fight It
Joel***

i'm forgetting one...and the order is off...

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
10-03-2006 08:26 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs in Portland, OR

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH