77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe Trivia 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

RE: Wake Up To Find Out That You Are The etc. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
You guys are totally blowing it, having completely forgotten my work on Randy's most recent solo album entitled........

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
And seemingly "Charlie The Weatherman" from the same album.

hmmm looks like the official Randy Stonehill website is not working right now...

08-06-2006 15:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

didn't I say, "We Were All So Young" - from Edge of the World...

Confused

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

08-07-2006 03:50 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I was not on that track, but several others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by phreaq

Confused

~f

Doctor Love has attached this image:
Colonel Chinken.jpg

08-07-2006 10:23 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Colenol love! Nice!

08-07-2006 10:41 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

RE: I was not on that track, but several others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phreaq

Confused

~f

damn - I shoulda just said the good doctor played on Edge of the World...

Tongue

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

08-07-2006 11:03 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
Edge of the World. But I don't have it... Don't know what songs you might have played on.

Good album!

08-07-2006 11:12 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: I was not on that track, but several others Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what I found on the cache of Randy Stonehill's site (gotta love that feature on google!)

quote:
MICHAEL ROE

By remaining firmly ensconced on the bleeding edge of Christian rock’s stylistic continuum, Michael Roe has had an enduring and indelible influence on hundreds of artists and thousands of fans. First as the front man, vocalist and guitar slinger for the alternative Christian group The 77s, and more recently as a solo artist and a member of The Lost Dogs with Terry Scott Taylor (Daniel Amos,) Derri Daugherty (The Choir,) and the late Gene “Eugene” Andrusco, Roe often serves as the rock and roll conscience of the Christian music underground. As active as he has ever been, with all of his major artistic avenues still producing new material, Roe continues to influence new and old fans alike.

“Mike Roe is such a primal natural talent that I knew he would right in on this record. As it turns out he lives five minutes from the studio so we had fun hanging out and experimenting with the songs.” - RS

I also found this...

quote:
The credits read as a veritable who’s who of early Christian music artists, with several of the more acclaimed modern artists on the scene showing up as well. Names like Phil Keaggy, Barry McGuire, Love Song, Annie Herring (Second Chapter Of Acts,) Noel Paul Stookey, (Peter, Paul and Mary,) Larry Norman and Russ Taff are listed alongside newcomer and Dove Award nominee Sara Groves, the ubiquitous multi-instrumentalist Phil Madeira and one of the most respected names in Christian rock, Michael Roe (77s, Lost Dogs.)

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
08-07-2006 19:30 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

someone saved by life tonight Cool

08-08-2006 14:47 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
and one of the most respected names in Christian rock, Michael Roe (77s, Lost Dogs.)
[/quote]

I would hope so.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 08-08-2006 15:32.

08-08-2006 15:32 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Mezzo

Cool Cool Cool tom tom blue was here

where were you?

08-08-2006 19:33 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

wasting my time clicking on all your dumbass smiley face posts

08-08-2006 20:37 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Doctor has a kind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about this -- which 77s tracks have someone other than Doctor playing a 'lead guitar solo'?

Remember, to qualify, it has to be an actual 'solo', not a 'hook' or 'part' line (such as David Leonhardt's main jangly figure on 'Happy Roy' -- it's loud, it's lovely, and it seems like a solo, but it's not. The song does not have a solo, only that line)

HINT: Some other guy soloing has happened several times, and it need not be the only 'solo' in the song, which may make it even harder to figure out (which is precisely why this will be so much fun Pleased

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
melts in your pants.jpg

08-10-2006 08:06 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

the REAL answer is an electric blue Fender Stratocaster with Lace Sensor pickups.

**no actual post**
08-10-2006 08:13 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

RE: Doctor has a kind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
How about this -- which 77s tracks have someone other than Doctor playing a 'lead guitar solo'?

Remember, to qualify, it has to be an actual 'solo', not a 'hook' or 'part' line (such as David Leonhardt's main jangly figure on 'Happy Roy' -- it's loud, it's lovely, and it seems like a solo, but it's not. The song does not have a solo, only that line)

HINT: Some other guy soloing has happened several times, and it need not be the only 'solo' in the song, which may make it even harder to figure out (which is precisely why this will be so much fun Pleased

I was going to say Chris from The Byrds on "The Lust, The Flesh...", but doesn't he play bass on that song? Unless the mandolin counts as a solo......
08-10-2006 08:16 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel

Sugar Tits.

LOL!

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin

08-10-2006 08:17 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Mezzo

Confused

08-10-2006 08:37 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
RaySteele
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-143.jpg

Registration Date: 04-01-2005

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
Sugar Tits.

LOL!

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin

That was my nickname in college!

08-10-2006 08:51 RaySteele is offline Send an Email to RaySteele Search for Posts by RaySteele Add RaySteele to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Doctor has a kind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Since no one has taken a shot at this yet, I'll give a half-baked answer to revive the discussion. On It's for You, Dave plays all of "Mezzo" and does a Doctor rescue on "Sneakers".

Live, not original, and Roe, not 77s, but halfway relevant to the question. When I catch up to the album stash, I'll see what else that I can discern.

08-10-2006 09:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:

Good one! And I know the answer!!! Tongue But mum's the word. Good luck!

Linda
08-10-2006 09:19 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by RaySteele
quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
Sugar Tits.

LOL!

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin

That was my nickname in college!

Are you bragging...or complaining?

Linda
08-10-2006 09:20 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike Roe Trivia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH