77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Norman & Roe, The Real Thing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Norman & Roe, The Real Thing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

thanks Todd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Truly fascinating footage.

Larry took us all out to dinner after having purchased $100 worth of my CD's. All that, on top of a nothing-short-of-brilliant set by the Five O'Clock People made for a very memorable evening. I would never have dreamed of sharing a stage with him ever, so it was an honor.

Doctor Love has attached this image:
93dogs2.jpg

06-20-2006 19:02 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

RE: thanks Todd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Truly fascinating footage.

I would never have dreamed of sharing a stage with him ever, so it was an honor.

yes, I would have liked to have been there for this one. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
thought norman's vocal on the first song was really bad........but that's just me.

no... that's the way that song is supposed to be "sung" Tongue

My wife has always disliked Norman's vocals... Roll Eyes

06-21-2006 04:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
PennSt8 PennSt8 is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 05-31-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was fortunate enough to be there that night--it was really great to see three "generations" of artists sharing the stage and interacting. Well worth the drive down from Portland.

It was December of 2000--I remember, because I had to move back to Nashville right after that, in January of 2001.
06-21-2006 05:22 PennSt8 is offline Send an Email to PennSt8 Search for Posts by PennSt8 Add PennSt8 to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anyone know if there's a webclip of Larry's song I Wish We'd All Been Ready???

06-21-2006 10:26 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

quote:
Originally posted by PennSt8
I was fortunate enough to be there that night--it was really great to see three "generations" of artists sharing the stage and interacting. Well worth the drive down from Portland.

It was December of 2000--I remember, because I had to move back to Nashville right after that, in January of 2001.

Wait...now, I know Larry is a local, and 5OCP (and all incarnations since) are essentially local...did this concert take place here in Oregon????? Todd started the thread by mentioning Cafe Paradiso...is that where it happened?

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sirjakeyjake: 06-21-2006 12:20.

06-21-2006 12:19 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
worldwide worldwide is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-21-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by worldwide
Winter of 2000 at Cafe Paradiso Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Eugene, Oregon thanks to Linda Miller, she pointed out that it took place in Winter of 2000 and see Mikes post about Larry treating everyone to dinner afterwards. Great evening all the way around.

We did indeed shoot the entire show, 5OP's set as the opener, then Mr. Roe's beautiful set ( I remember he hit a lot of nice cover songs that evening) Then 50P backed Roe for "The Lust" as an encore, then if I remember right, Norman strolled into to do a few numbers...all in Gods great Northwest country.

We shot the show with 3 cameras because that was soon after Gene had passed, and were beginning to gather various Gene related footage for the documentary Worldwide about Genes life & music. We wanted to shoot as many of Genes musical friends as possible at that time, plus any Roe show on film is something special for the archives.

There is also some great video footage of Roe with Keaggy floating around the Northwest, another amazing musical moment.

Blessings All,

Todd

www.edenzfilms.com
worldwide@edenzfilms.com
06-21-2006 16:25 worldwide is offline Send an Email to worldwide Homepage of worldwide Search for Posts by worldwide Add worldwide to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

RE: Winter of 2000 at Cafe Paradiso Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by worldwide

There is also some great video footage of Roe with Keaggy floating around the Northwest, another amazing musical moment.

Blessings All,

Todd

i would LOVE to see that.

06-22-2006 13:44 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
j77
unregistered
RE: Winter of 2000 at Cafe Paradiso Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

Blessings All,

Todd

wouldn't we all?
06-22-2006 13:51
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

Blessings All,

Todd

wouldn't we all?

YES!

06-22-2006 14:44 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

You might check his website. I was looking through the prayer requests to see how he was doing, and someone was asking continued prayer for his heart, and the eye that has been offline for awhile due to bleeding.

http://www.larrynorman.com/main.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 06-22-2006 15:51.

06-22-2006 15:42 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

THANKS TODD!

Just watched the clip...that's purt-near historic footage! That was a treat...thank you!

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
06-26-2006 16:25 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Great clip! Thanks for sharing!

06-28-2006 20:22 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Eddie P Eddie P is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 04-17-2005

Is there any way I can see this clip anymore?

07-20-2006 18:13 Eddie P is offline Send an Email to Eddie P Search for Posts by Eddie P Add Eddie P to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

It's still working--you need a lot of band width to get it.

07-20-2006 18:17 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

!

07-25-2006 19:29 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Norman & Roe, The Real Thing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH